Chapter (3): HIS LOVE

"You're mine. All mine. Let's keep it real... I've been the worst, but I'll love you better. If you let me..." All Mine Brent Faiyaz

RAIN'S POV CONTINUED

That's her. And we all respect it. My auntie Keesha is a certified gangsta, the queen of this shit, who rarely loses her cool. She'll kill a bitch about Baby D with a smile on her face, dead ass calm and with deadly precision. So her reaction to what I said about her and my uncle up in this labyrinth called a house, makes me feel like I got too close to the truth.

Baby Keesha backs away from me all flustered and embarrassed. Because she knows she either saw my uncle or talked to him. When he's supposed to be dead. And I need to know what his secret message meant, so I can help him.

"Auntie I'm begging you – Just ask him about me, I mean, don't say shit about no message that he left me, but you know, just feel him out," I whisper it. And it's like I can feel my auntie Keesha's heart thumpin'. She watches my eyes for a second like she wanna tell me something, but she can't.

"What? Just tell me what's up, you know I won't say shit, I swear," I beg her. And she changes up, giving me a fake smile like everything is fine trying to play stuff off. She loves the fuck out my uncle, she ain't gonna say shit unless he instructs her to do it. Damn.

"You know-- when we got to Mauritius? It was like standing in a dream. And there was Hop. When I just knew he had been killed. But he was right there, missing three fingers. Grinning just like he used to grin in high school. And I was so happy to see that fool. And one of the reasons is because I knew before we even left that I had played the fuck outta Amy Dada. Baby D was all mine, so Amy would have Hop to fuck is what I was thinking," my auntie Baby Keesha admits, throwing me off, and I gasp out.

Auntie Zarria's only love was our Uncle Hop.

"Played her how, with Auntie Zarria's man? What Amy thought, I thought ya'll was tight, do Auntie Zarria know?" I've just gotta ask, even though my auntie switched the subject. But I'm too nosy, and DJ and my mama and them be saying Hop is the only man in the world who could break Auntie Zarria down. And he had our Auntie Marriot and his ex-wife the same way. They say Uncle Hop was the definition of 'audacity' when it came to his dick and how he treated women.

"Zarria knows everything, and I was really tight with Amy too. But before we left the States me and my man had come to an understanding about our relationship, but you see Amy gave a fuck. She broke down and begged to stay with my husband and me, you know, go with us to Mauritius and keep on fuckin' him and being his slave," my auntie tells me and my eyes buck.

"Oh hell naw," I say it-

"Right. And I told myself – let her come, because Tutty needed her, she was his Godmother and he was just a baby when I already had DJ to look after and I was pregnant again, and Amy knew everything about Tutty-- a major help and the perfect nanny. That would be her job, not fucking my man is what I told myself. But I let her think it would be the three of us together, you know. I let her think that we would share him just to get her ass across that water," my auntie tells me, and I nod and scooch my chair up closer for this tea. She done shot me a curve and changed the subject for sho, I know it, but I wanna hear this shit though.