Chapter (5): KEEPERS OF THE THRONE

"Now what's hannin'?  What it is?  I'm bout that fye shawty talm bout sho nuff for real..."

POV OF RAIN CONTINUED

INTRODUCING OMI CARTER ~ DINKA, MASSSAI WARRIOR, CARTER SOLDIER, SON OF BABY D

"Yaya. My queen," Omi appears outta fucking nowhere while I stand here in humiliated shock, with my auntie staring back at me. Omi bows to my Auntie Keesha, showing up right on time, soon as he saw any sign of a fucking altercation, just to protect my Auntie.

"We're fine son, your cousin and I are fine," auntie tells him, with her eyes still on me. She slapped me.

"What da fuck you was gone do if we wasn't Omi?!" I turn my anger on to him-

"Fuck you Rain!" Omi cranks up-

"Stop it! Stop it right now!" My auntie commands, sounding just like Grandma.

"He didn't even speak to me he just jumped on yo side!! And you ain't have to hit me in my face, TT!" I say back to her! Ol' bitch!

"Shut up and sit down!" my auntie yells, pointing at the sofa, and I smack my lips and stomp over here and sit down! Ol BITCH! I cut my eyes at Omi!

"Hello Rain, I speak," Omi say dat shit all smart and condescending-

"Maan, fuck you Omi you know I'm a muhhfuckin' ATL shoota," I say back-

"Girl-" My auntie warns and balls her fist up at me and I smack my lips!

"Why you so mad at me?! When this ain't right! Ain't none of ya'll right! I don't want these muhhfuckin' letters now," I get mad as fuck and my tears crank up.

My auntie just breathes out shaking her head, and Omi runs to me- "I sorry," he immediately tells me, scared he hurt my feelings, he comes sit down beside me and puts his arm around my shoulder.

"What be wrong? Do not cry. I sorry cozzun," he tells me again, so sincerely with that accent, and I cry harder and point at my auntie. She did it! Ol ugly stankin' bitch! I wanna say to my auntie! Omi gives my auntie an accusatory look. My boy cousins beat ass about me.

"Boy whatever, I really didn't have shit to do with it, but she's mad at me and yo grandmama Bobby, well all of us grown folks who kept those letters from her," my auntie Keesha explains.

"Why you keep?" Omi asks, and I get mad. Don't leave out the part where grandmama damn whacked the lady like the mob befo' I even got a chance to meet her good!

"Because all they do is fuckin' lie! And terrorize folks!" I snap out! And my auntie just breathes out again like I'm trying her patience, ol bighead bitch!

"Is this true?" Omi asks my auntie. Yep! And I look up at Omi. Call it pleasantly surprised that he didn't just jump on my auntie's side, but I'm glad Omi knows it's true too, I can tell by the way he looks at her. He smiles at me. I smile back. He tilts his head back at me auntie, like well?? Right!