"Buenos días, hermana," Leo started, fiddling with his tool belt. "Chef Leo has prepared..." He looked up and winced. "Unfortunately what you need would have me running laps until my legs fall off, so I'll get you some café con leche instead."

I shook my head. "You know I stay away from Mr. D's happy juice. Coffee is perfect, thank you."

I shut the door behind me and fell in line behind Leo. We didn't make it to the end of the corridor as Leo leaned on one wall and gestured for me to do the same. He fiddled with the charms around his wrist, a habit I knew all too well.

"Look, I know I'm a grade-A goofball and the loveable captain of this ship, but you know you can come to me for anything, right? Don't get me wrong, Piper and Hazel are probably the closest things to therapists we have, but I'm always willing to lend an ear or hand or equipment that may or may not blow up in your face."

"That's very kind of you, Leo. I appreciate it."

Leo tried to smile, really he did. It crumbled within seconds, a deep sadness settling into his eyes.

"I'm worried about you, hermana. The way you've been carrying yourself lately, it's almost like..." Leo's hands curled into fists at his sides. The smell of smoke faintly filled the air. "It's like you're trying to say goodbye."

Had I been so obvious? I could feel Hermes' judgment, his overdramatic cries of, "All those lessons gone to waste!" Yes, things had been hard recently, but I thought I'd done a better job of channeling my inner Elsa with the whole conceal don't feel business I had going on.

Yet here was Leo, seeing right through the façade I'd been precariously parading around for the better part of a month. In less than a week, so many things had changed, leaving me on the verge of sacrificing everything for the sake of the world, but more importantly, my friends.

"You want to protect us, and I get it. Protecting us is your modus operandi. You've been doing that for years, Andy. Let us return the favor."

"When did you get so mature?" I asked.

"Pfft, it's taken you long enough to realize that I'm the most mature demigod on this spanking hot war machine! Your Ivy League education has nothing on the Ultimate McShizzle, baby!"

I could see through Leo as clearly as he could see through me. He spoke with a lot of bravado, but there was no mistaking the way his hands gravitated toward his toolbelt, undoubtedly, to grab the fortune cookie Nemesis had saddled him with. Knowing him, he was internally beating himself to a pulp, probably thinking something along the lines of a seventh wheel would be useless in trying to reach out to a struggling friend.

"Well, Ultimate McShizzle," I began, earning a crooked smile from Leo, "you won't be getting rid of me anytime soon. Whatever happens to me, you know I'll fight with everything in me to get back to you all. After all, if I'm not here, one of you will get stuck with dish duty."

Leo shuddered. "I am unable to live up to Coach's stringent dish-cleaning expectations. Please don't leave us!"

"I won't, so long as I get that coffee I was promised."

"Yes, your goddessness! Right away!"

Leo sprinted down the hallway and up the stairs, screaming at the others to get out of his way. Two seconds later came a resounding CRASH and a string of expletives in Spanglish, Ancient Greek, and Latin.

I rolled my eyes and headed for the stairs, fully preparing myself to reverse time on a cupboard of plates and glasses.

God, I loved these kids.