Starclan's Plea [EDITED]

Depuis le début

Another yowl. This time it was louder.

"You have to go along with the plan! And maybe, maybe Starclan will survive."

"You promised!"

"Well, I can do whatever I want. You can't stop me."

Another cry of suffering.

"S-stop!"

"Don't tell me what to do."

Pebblepaw wanted to escape. She wanted to escape the screeches of agony. She wanted to escape the pleas for mercy, the merciless laughter. 

"This is what will happen to each Starclan cat if you don't cooperate. Now never do something like what you just did ever again!"

"P-please!"

"I'll stop if you call me master."

"N-never!"

Another yowl.

Just do it! Pebblepaw thought desperately. 

"S-stop... Master!"

The sounds of turmoil ceased.

"Good kitty," the voice purred. It suddenly stiffened. "There is someone here."

Pebblepaw wanted to scream in terror as teeth met her throat.

"Pebblepaw! Pebblepaw!"

Pebblepaw woke in a pool of her own sweat. She could almost feel the teeth on her scruff...

"Pebblepaw, are you alright?" Leopardleap asked.

"No," Pebblepaw decided to be honest. "I had a terrifying dream."

Leopardleap seemed to deflate with relief. "I thought you were joining Starclan!"

The gray she shook her head, her eyes still wide with terror. "I think Starclan is in trouble."

Leopardleap sighed and sat closer. "It was just a dream. Starclan can't be in trouble."

"You don't understand!" Pebblepaw cried out, her voice shrill with panic. 

Leopardleap seemed to see how distressed she was, so she finally said, "Okay, tell me what happened in your dream."

Pebblepaw recounted the events of her dream, her voice quivering.

"He was torturing Muckpelt!" she wailed. "He threatened Starclan!"

"We should probably tell Owlstar," Leopardleap said.

"Okay," Pebblepaw said, getting up.

"Oh, there you are!" Owlstar said cheerily. "I wanted to take you both out for hunting."

"But Owlstar-" Leopardleap began.

"Sounds great!" Pebblepaw interrupted. In a lower voice, she added, "I need to relax a bit, okay? I still feel those fangs trying to kill me."

Owlstar nodded and told the deputies he was going out. Then they made their way into the marshland, looking for scents.

"Owlstar," Pebblepaw began. "I had a dream."

Owlstar twitched his whiskers. "I'm not your dream interpreter."

He said it as a joke, but Leopardleap flinched.