Chapter 41: Official Announcement

    The main content of the post mentioned matters related to Prince Mu Ziyu.
    The night Mu Ziyu, bruised and swollen, was dropped off at the royal residence by a Golden Wing aircraft, many people saw it. Even if he intended to keep it under wraps, rumors inevitably leaked.
    And that model of aircraft, there are only ten in the entire country.
    After a round of wild speculation, somehow the focus shifted to Shen Tingyu, presuming that the aircraft that returned Mu Ziyu was the one initially gifted to him by the royal family.
    The original poster's analysis seemed plausible: "Everyone probably knows about Xu Qingran being targeted and undermined by the Silver Dragon recently. That day, he was in Linglong City and appeared to provoke Prince Mu Ziyu."
    "He's still the future bride of the Shen family, right?"
    "Currently staying at Shen Tingyu's place, and from recent live streams, it's evident that their relationship is 'exceptionally' close. So, it's natural for General Shen to intervene if his little nephew-in-law is aggrieved."
    Xu Qingran, though in an unconventional manner, has changed most of the Empire of Cayenne's perception of him. But as long as public opinion exists, alongside those who speak in his favor, there will naturally be others who, for various reasons, seek to demean him and pull him off his pedestal.
    "General Shen is still a member of the Golden Wing Camp, and the poster even suspects that the defensive lapse in Linglong City is related to him and the Golden Wing Camp," the poster connected the incident to Linglong City.
    This post pleased the Silver Dragon Camp members but irked those from Golden Wing.
    [Identification complete, OP is definitely an extreme Silver Dragon supporter.]
    [Inciting a fight? Reported.]
    [Our little madman really is famous now, isn't he? Everything's getting linked to him now, huh?]
    [Blaming Xu Qingran is one thing, but dragging General Shen into this is wrong. Since his appointment, his integrity and character have been apparent to all. Even the old soldiers in the camp praise him; how could he possibly do such a thing?]
    [So, the OP implies it's Xu Qingran's bad influence, after all, he's inherently a Type E.]
    Amidst the argument, the discussion turned to Shen Tingyu and psychic soul types.
    [As a mere spectator, don't you think General Shen as a Type E is excessively perfect?]
    [Indeed, even Silver Dragon's Major General Lu has his own emotional scandals.]
    [What? Are all Type Es supposed to be psychopaths like Ming Hai? As if the Eta's training is just for show?]
    [Soul study also says that the human soul is a divine entity filled with infinite possibilities! If everyone was simply categorized by those few letters, the world wouldn't have such a diverse range of personalities!]
    [At the end of the day, psychic soul types define our strengths, right? It's only types like E and D, who gain more than most, that experience a balance shift leading to more extreme personality traits. But historically, there have been rational Type Es! And Type Ds skilled in combat exist too!]
    Someone joked: [Exactly. Take the young master, for instance. Isn't he in his stabilizing period? Who knows, maybe the empire will suddenly announce that he's stabilized as a Type D!]
    [Huh? Don't joke, OP. I can accept a Type E like General Shen, but a Type D like Xu Qingran? No way!]
    [LOL, if our little madman turns out to be a Type D, everyone here owes a thousand bucks each!]
    While the public continued their banter and laughter, another post dropped on the forum's front page—
    Title: Big News! Our Empire is About to Have a High-Rank Type D!
    Unexpectedly, many clicked on the post, but there were very few replies.
    The replies were all:
    [Oh.]
    [Read.]
    [Just passing by.]
    The poster, who had been expecting a heated discussion: ????
    Until someone commented: [Right after someone jokingly speculated about Xu Qingran being a Type D next door, here you are posting this. If you're fishing for responses, at least wait a few days, right? Are people so eager for attention nowadays?]
    Poster: "But I do have a relative who..."
    [Alright, alright, we've heard that start too many times. I'd believe you more if you said a fortune-telling wizard friend told you.]
    "......"
    The leaked news didn't cause much stir outside.
    As for the discussion about Mu Ziyu, it raged on without conclusion. The poster revealed that Mu Ziyu had visited the royal palace, presumably to discuss this matter. The truth would depend on the palace's verdict.
    As for Xu Qingran, after being discharged from the hospital, he was invited to the research institute of Xie Nanyi's father.
    Her father's main research focus was on soul studies, and historical soul studies papers were mostly published from his institute. It was said that Xu Qingran's soul fluctuations during his stabilization were unusually chaotic, prompting the desire to collect his current data for research.
    Today was Xu Qingran's first formal meeting with Xie Nanyi's sister, Xie Nanyi. She still sported her high, golden ponytail, her voluminous hair enough to make many envious.
    Xie Nanyi seemed to have an inexplicable interest in him.
    "Mr. Xu... oh, I mean, Mr. Xu Qingran, nice to meet you for the first time, please enlighten me!" At their first meeting, Xie Nanyi looked at him with the eyes of someone meeting a 'brother-in-law', not hiding her fondness and satisfaction, "Mr. Xu, has anyone ever told you how handsome you are?"
    She thought to herself.
    Perfect, absolutely perfect. This is a rare gem who won't be overshadowed even standing next to Shen Tingyu!
    Xie Nanyi's warmth and openness were unexpected: "I thought Nanyun was exaggerating, but you're so understated! With your looks, you should've been showered with praises from the start, why be so subtle?"
    Xu Qingran was never good at handling such enthusiastic and straightforward people like Xie Nanyi.
    He could only sit upright on the sofa, smiling politely.
    Xie Nanyi brought over two cups of hot tea.
    She placed one in front of Xu Qingran and, upon sitting down, took a sip from her own, her gaze lingering on the attractive brown-haired man, completely forgetting about her other guest.
    Shen Tingyu, observing his empty table, smiled silently.
    The blonde girl's eyes were large and bright, dimples forming as she smiled: "Indeed, Type D individuals are the most outstanding and endearing, even their appearances hit right at my heart!"
    Her eyes twinkling, she ventured, "So, hypothetically, if you weren't arranged for Shen Tingyu's nephew, your type would suit those with powerful psychic pools and high energy consumption, right?"
    "Like... like high-ranking military officers, for example."
    Xie Nanyi's implication was subtle.
    Xu Qingran, misinterpreting her as indirectly recommending Nanyun, pondered for a moment, then seriously replied, "In terms of conventional pairing, that's true."
    "However, I have no intention of seeking a partner within the military."
    At this statement, both Xie Nanyi and the silent Shen Tingyu were taken aback.
    Xu Qingran was candid: "I think I'm strong enough on my own, with sufficient self-protection ability. Whether my partner is 3S or F-rank doesn't make much difference to me. Besides, I'll be joining the military myself soon, and the idea of being with someone in the same profession sounds quite dull. So, I have no such thoughts or plans."
    He thought to himself, hoping that this would dissuade Xie Nanyi from trying to pair him with Xie Nanyun.
    And perhaps, Shen Tingyu might feel more at ease hearing this too.
    Thinking this, Xu Qingran looked up and nodded towards the dark-haired man opposite him, as if to say:
    —Don't worry, good brother, I have no interest in you.
    System: "..."
    It's going crazy; why has its carefully planned couple suddenly turned into a brotherly bond?!
    Xie Nanyi's smile froze: "..."
    Man, that's a dangerous thought!
    Shen Tingyu exhaled softly.
    ...Well, that's fine.
    Xie Nanyi, still hopeful, said, "But usually, the psychic power of a Type D is halved when used in attack weapons. Wouldn't it be a win-win to have a stronger partner by your side in battle to compensate for weaknesses?"
    Xu Qingran vaguely remembered hearing about this balance of advantages and disadvantages during his time at Eta or at the military academy.
    Type E and D each have more benefits compared to other types. To achieve balance, Type E exhibits extreme personality traits unlike others. Whereas Type D, being the weaker type, has a psychic pool twice as deep as its peers, quick recovery, exceptional endurance, and the ability to share powers. However, when converted into attack power, the strength is slightly reduced.
    "No need," Xu Qingran replied.
    The system had mentioned during their classes that his psychic pool rank was a reward for completing a mission. Even if he were to unluckily change to a psychic type other than E or N, he wouldn't be affected by the so-called reduction.
    Moreover, he still had an unclaimed special ability.
    Xu Qingran had already decided that if all else fails, he might try the friendship route for his strategy.
    After all, the system's mission never specified that the strategy had to be romantic.
    System: "..."
    The host's reasoning makes sense. As long as the mission is accomplished, any approach is acceptable!
    Xie Nanyi, gritting her teeth, continued to tempt, "What about those troublesome Type Es? If you succeed, you could become a ruler among them! Not only would they not harm you, but under your influence, they could contribute to a harmonious society!"
    Every time this topic came up, Shen Tingyu's body would involuntarily stiffen.
    His stomach churned uncontrollably, feeling nauseous.
    "I don't like that kind of control," Xu Qingran suddenly responded.
    His tone carried the indifference of someone in a high position: "If he likes me, he shouldn't harm me even without the influence of innate traits, and should respect and accept my thoughts and decisions."
    "If he can only be 'controlled' by relying on innate traits, then that kind of affection — I don't care for it."
    He understood that this world was originally a narrative of suffering.
    He also understood that those who have lived by these rules from birth naturally advance according to them. As an outsider, harboring such thoughts might be seen as capricious, and he might never find a kindred spirit in this place who can respond to him.
    But Xu Qingran never compromised himself.
    For him, his own feelings were the primary consideration; his comfort was paramount.
    "Hahaha, well said!" Suddenly, laughter came from the door.
    Everyone turned in unison, and then Xie Nanyi stood up in surprise: "Teacher, what brings you here?"
    The newcomer was the respected elder Mr. Zheng, who taught Xie Nanyi the technique of specimen data transfer.
    With white hair and a vibrant, spirited demeanor, the elderly man appeared remarkably energetic.
    Xie Nanyi immediately vacated her seat for him.
    Elder Zheng waved his hand, his aged yet strong voice stating, "I heard that the empire has finally seen the emergence of a high-rank Type D, a rather unique one at that. I wanted to come and see for myself."
    "I hear it's the five or six-year-old child from the Shen family, a future partner?" he said, casting a meaningful glance at Xie Nanyi.
    Xie Nanyi, feeling a bit self-conscious under his gaze, responded with a nervous laugh, "Haha... according to the data, that's correct!"
    "However, I see this young man as quite discerning. Whether he'll join your Shen family in the future remains to be seen." Elder Zheng then turned to Shen Tingyu, his eyes crinkling into a smile.
    Shen Tingyu paused, then smiled politely.
    His mind was still on the words Xu Qingran had just spoken, and the nausea that had entwined him faded away.
    Unintentionally, he lowered his head and chuckled softly, unnoticed by others.
    The laugh was tinged with a bitter sense of relief and compromise.
    It was at this moment he suddenly realized why Xu Qingran had such high compatibility with him.
    Rarely does someone manage to speak directly to his heart so effortlessly, sharing similar rebellious thoughts and perspectives, as if defying the world's norms.
    So this time, he accepted it.
    At the other end of the tea table, Xu Qingran silently thought that Xie Nanyi's teacher was a perceptive man.
    He was right; regardless of whether the matching data was true or false, he had no intention of being with Shen Tianyi. This arrangement was doomed from the start.
    Seeing Xu Qingran's unyielding stance, Xie Nanyi visibly deflated.
    Xie Nanyi couldn't help but feel that their plan to help Shen Tingyu restore his psychic pool seemed increasingly distant.
    The more she thought about it, the more frustrated she became. After drinking half a cup of tea, she changed the subject: "Ah, why are my dad and his team taking so long? It's already past the time we agreed upon. Maybe I should go check on them."
    Saying this, she was about to head out the door.
    But then she heard Elder Zheng say, "Ah, when I came up, I ran into your father and his assistant. They seemed to be arguing with someone from Silver Dragon."
    Xie Nanyi: "??"
    The research institute where Xu Qingran and others were visiting was an official establishment on Queen Star. Similarly, it employed staff from both Silver Dragon and Golden Wing, who often collaborated on research projects, which usually posed no issue.
    However, when it came to smaller or more lucrative research topics, the two sides would often compete for them.
    Going downstairs, they discovered arguing with Xie Nanyi's father was the long-unseen Lu Wenyuan and his new student, Xu Qing'an.
    Xu Qingran raised an eyebrow and chuckled softly.
    What a coincidence, huh?
    "I've always been responsible for researching Type Ds, while Type Es fall under Golden Wing's jurisdiction. What right do you have to poach my subject, Xie Shaoming?!" Lu Wenyuan was red-faced with anger in the lobby, arguing with Xie Nanyi's father.
    He and Xu Qing'an had already planned a new research direction focused on high-rank Type Ds. They hadn't expected to receive news so soon from the hospital of a confirmed S-rank Type D, even showing occasional signs of double S fluctuations.
    Hurrying to the Golden Wing United Hospital, Lu Wenyuan found that Xie Shaoming had already taken the subject away.
    Furious, he went straight to the main research institute to confront him.
    Xie Shaoming, with his blonde hair and large, deep eyes, looked rather comical when angry: "Oh? Since when did the empire explicitly state that only Silver Dragon can research Type Ds?"
    "And have the nerve to say it, huh? Your Silver Dragon people have snatched away our Type E projects several times too, thinking I wouldn't know?"
    Xie Shaoming, huffing with anger: "Besides, this Type D is different. His soul data can make significant contributions to soul studies, fundamentally surpassing the topic of psychic soul types. What's the problem with me taking over?"
    Lu Wenyuan, frustrated, asserted, "I am the leading authority on Type Ds. If it's so important, I should be the one overseeing it!"
    Xie Shaoming retorted, "Pah, I'm the one with the highest achievement in soul studies right now!"
    Xu Qing'an, trailing behind Lu Wenyuan, looked obedient and politely refrained from interrupting the elders. Some in the institute glanced his way, some out of curiosity, others admiring his academic achievements.
    Enjoying the attention, his peripheral vision suddenly caught a familiar figure he could recognize even in ashes.
    Xu Qing'an: ?
    Why is Xu Qingran here?!
    Amidst his surprise, he remembered the hot topic online about Xu Qingran's impending stabilization.
    It had been days without news, almost slipping from his mind.
    A sense of fear suddenly gripped Xu Qing'an's heart.
    Could it be that he is...?!
    Lu Wenyuan, engrossed in the argument, didn't notice Xu Qingran nearby and pointed at Xie Shaoming, saying, "Fine, fine, fine, you want to argue to the end, huh?"
    "Then call that Type D over here and let him choose himself! Let's see if he'd rather trust me, the Type D specialist, or you, the soul studies 'master' who sticks his nose in everything!"
    Over the years, Lu Wenyuan had been adored by the public, so he was brimming with confidence.
    Xie Shaoming, determined not to back down, declared, "Fine, let's have him choose! I'll call him down right now!"
    As he turned and was about to leave, he looked up and saw Xu Qingran, who had come downstairs with Xie Nanyi to see the commotion.
    His eyes lit up: "Mr. Xu, your timing couldn't be more perfect!"
    "Tell us whether you would prefer to cooperate with Professor Lu Wenyuan or work with me!"
    Hearing this, Lu Wenyuan turned arrogantly towards where Xie Shaoming was gesturing, with a disdainful snort.
    However, to his surprise, he saw Xu Qingran, the person he least liked and looked down upon, approaching them.
    His face instantly changed.
    Xu Qingran approached him, smiling enigmatically, "So, it's Professor Lu. I've long admired your reputation. What a pleasure to meet you."
    His calm tone, at this moment, seemed even more sarcastically bizarre.
    Upon seeing him, Lu Wennyen was reminded of the embarrassing memories that had recently tarnished his dignity.
    His face turned pale, and then he heard that detestable child utter the last sentence he ever wanted to hear—
    "I am the high-tier D-type that Dr. Xie mentioned."
    Lu Wennyen felt a darkness envelop his vision.
    How could it be Xu Qingran?!
    Behind him, Xu Qing'an's expression was one of utter disbelief.
    Clenching his fists tightly, his fingernails dug deeply into his flesh.
    Xu Qingran is a D-type... How could Xu Qingran possibly be a D-type?!
    How could someone like him be worthy of becoming a D-type?!
    Xu Qing'an, seething with anger, struggled to control his expression from contorting publicly, his chest heaving with intense emotions.
    Before being categorized, the phrase he heard most was, "Qing'an, you're so gentle and caring, so lovable, you might very well become a D-type!"
    Becoming a D-type was his greatest aspiration.
    He reveled in the attention and adoration from many, craving more of such emotions.
    And now, what he had failed to attain, was so effortlessly acquired by Xu Qingran! Why did it have to be Xu Qingran, the one he loathed the most? He couldn't accept this outcome!
    At this moment, the jealousy in Xu Qing'an's heart reached its peak.
    Moreover, Lu Cheng's father, Lu Wennyen, favored D-types the most. Sometimes, when Lu Cheng came back exhausted from his missions and leaned on him, he would sigh wistfully, "If only you were a D-type."
    That way, he could dispel all his fatigue instantly, replenish his spiritual energy, and enjoy the higher pleasure of soulful interaction and bonding—
    The more Xu Qing'an thought about it, the uglier his expression became.
    Heaven knows that Xu Qingran's final categorization as a D-type shattered everything he had painstakingly built over the years. His well-maintained public image, his carefully controlled temperament, years of painstakingly built relationships, and the endurance and sacrifices he had shown to everyone... all seemed like a joke now!
    Because D-types are naturally loved by everyone.
    They don't need to pretend; in any form, they are destined to be adored!
    "Dr. Xie, Professor Lu doesn't really like me. I think he wouldn't want to collaborate with me," said Xu Qingran, his voice crisp and clear.
    Xie Shaoming was surprised: "Oh?"
    As a research fanatic, he spent most of his life in the lab, apart from interactions with his family, so he wasn't too familiar with the animosity between Xu Qingran and Lu Wennyen. Like the embarrassing incident involving Lu Wennyen six months ago, he only heard it mentioned in passing by colleagues, not even knowing the specific target of the incident.
    Lu Wennyen's expression visibly grew more anxious.
    After a long internal struggle, he finally gritted his teeth and chose to lower his stance: "That... those were old misunderstandings. Previously, I didn't understand and had misconceptions about you, leading to subsequent confusion."
    As he spoke, he coughed slightly, straightened his chest, and said: "Regarding the previous incident, the medical school has already publicly apologized and clarified to you. I also apologize here for hastily confirming the accusation of cheating against you without verifying the facts."
    Reflecting on it later, Lu Wennyen also felt that his actions had been improper. Influenced by Xu Qing'an and Lu Cheng, he subconsciously held a negative impression of Xu Qingran, leading to an unjust decision that almost ruined years of his reputation.
    Speaking out today, on this occasion, felt right.
    "It's okay," Xu Qingran responded, his tone distant, "It's all in the past now."
    Not taking it to heart meant not bothering about it.
    Lu Wennyen remained silent.
    The current Xu Qingran was vastly different from the person he used to be when with Lu Cheng. Before, he was more cheerful, with an outgoing personality, not like now, where he kept many things to himself, appearing calm, stable, yet indifferent.
    Back then, Xu Qingran tried hard to please him.
    But no matter how the boy behaved in his presence, he always had an unfavorable impression of him, feeling a deep-seated aversion and even opposition to his relationship with Lu Cheng, which affected his attitude towards Xu Qingran as well. Yet, despite this, Xu Qingran always greeted him and his wife with a smile, polite and well-mannered.
    Lu Wennyen felt regret.
    Why had his attitude towards Xu Qingran been so terrible initially?
    Xie Shaoming, sensing their conflict, added fuel to the fire: "Ah, Lu, that's where you're wrong."
    "Our Qingran is such an outstanding kid, how could he possibly cheat? You shouldn't hold prejudices over trivial matters! It's not good, not good at all!"
    Lu Wennyen was irritated by his mocking expression.
    Just as he was about to make amends, he heard Xu Qingran say: "Thank you, Professor Lu, for your high regard. It's me who's not worthy."
    The phrase Lu Wennyen had often used, both overtly and covertly, against Xu Qingran was 'you're not worthy of this or that'.
    Xu Qingran continued: "Moreover, I have several conflicts and misunderstandings with Professor Lu's newly admitted disciple. He doesn't like me much, and working together under duress will only make everyone unhappy. Therefore, I've decided to collaborate with Dr. Xie's research."
    Xie Shaoming's face lit up with joy: "Oh, Xu Qingran, I'm very grateful that you're willing to provide this valuable opportunity. This will be the most correct decision you've made recently!"
    Lu Wennyen, looking deflated, wanted to say something but found himself at a loss for words, given that he was indeed the one who had offended Xu Qingran first.
    Xu Qing'an suddenly looked up sharply.
    As cunning as he was, how could he not understand the underlying intent of Xu Qingran's words? By saying this, Lu Wennyen would likely blame the failure to recruit him on Xu Qing'an, believing he sabotaged his research!
    When had Xu Qingran become so despicable!
    Xu Qing'an clenched his fists, tears welling up in his eyes as he looked up, "Brother, how can you say such things?"
    "It's clear that you've always disliked me, and that's why I've always tried to avoid you. Professor Lu has been preparing for this research for a long time. You can't let your personal grudges interfere with professional matters!"
    Hearing this, Xu Qingran's smile was cold and thin.
    He bluntly said, "You, a child born from an affair, and your mother destroyed my original family. Should I not despise you and instead play the doting brother, emulating the magnanimity of Kong Rong giving up his pear?"
    "As for the personal grudge you mentioned — sorry, but I'm someone who doesn't distinguish between personal and professional."
    "Since I've already been cast as the villain," Xu Qingran said with a smirk, "I might as well enjoy it. It's not often I get such power. Not acting capriciously doesn't suit my style as the 'big bad guy'."
    Shen Tingyu was the last one to come out to watch the commotion.
    Standing on the outskirts of the crowd, his gaze gently fell on Xu Qingran, who had captured everyone's attention. Observing the decisiveness and sharpness in his eyes, Shen's lips unconsciously mirrored Xu Qingran's proud and confident smile, a faint warmth flickering in his eyes.
    The finalization of his spiritual essence didn't seem to have changed him into someone with a completely different personality.
    In the end, Lu Wennyen left the institute with Xu Qing'an and their team of students, looking embarrassed.
    On the way back, the car was filled with a heavy atmosphere.
    The other assistant students who came along were also disheartened. They were Ph.D. candidates, planning to complete their theses with special research on high-tier D-types. Now, with their final target gone, and D-types being rare, who knew when they would find another.
    Without a subject, their preliminary research and sleepless nights spent compiling data were in vain.
    Lu Wennyen sat in silence, his face cold.
    Before Xu Qingran, there were actually two suitable choices, Lin Qianmeng and Dolly Lily. However, Lin Qianmeng, coming from a family aligned with Jin Yi, and the allied Su family, who were at odds with Yin Long, had long decided to hand over their research to Xie Shaoming.
    As for Dolly Lily, negotiations with her team were going smoothly, and they were about to finalize arrangements. But then she suddenly changed her mind, firmly refusing and stating that any further harassment would be publicly disclosed, and all future related research would be exclusively managed by the Jin Yi camp.
    Lu Wennyen was shocked. After various inquiries, he found out that Dolly Lily was actually from the Qi family.
    The Qi family of Yin Long and the Xu family had deep-seated animosity, almost to the point of cutting all ties. Since his student was Xu Qing'an, cooperation was even less likely.
    Thinking of this, he felt a surge of anger.
    The root of all these problems lay with Xu Qing'an!
    Finally, he couldn't help but coldly say to Xu Qing'an beside him: "Qing'an, don't blame me for not warning you. In the future, don't be too extreme in your actions and dealings. Like your half-brother from a different mother, after all, what you and your mother did wasn't right. Having taken half of what belonged to others, enduring some grievances is only fair."
    "You need to learn from this. After all, the Lu family may not welcome someone who is always a drag on affairs."
    Xu Qing'an could only bow his head, quietly agreeing, and promised to try harder.
    In fact, his current situation in the Lu family was not as optimistic as the rumors suggested.
    After the scandal at the promotion banquet, revealing his unpleasant background, the Lu family and Lu Wennyen's attitude towards him changed, growing colder for a long time. Lu Wennyen only eventually took him as a student, largely due to Lu Cheng's persuasion and explanations.
    After today's incident with Xu Qingran, his future in the family was likely to become even more difficult.
    ·
    "Xu Qingran, you're so cool!"
    After Lu Wennyen and his group left, Xie Nanyi, who had watched the entire scene, rushed up with shining eyes and exclaimed, seeing nothing wrong with Xu Qingran's attitude.
    "Sister admires your genuine nature!"
    Xie Shaoming also nodded: "I've long been tired of the arrogant demeanor of those from Yin Long. They finally got a taste of their own medicine, didn't they?"
    Speaking of which, he suddenly turned to his daughter: "Oh right, Yiyi, your brother mentioned you have someone you like. Is that Xu family's young master, Qingran?"
    "This boy really caught your dad's eye. You should quickly get his contact!"
    Xie Nanyi was startled by her father's sudden remark, her eyes widening in alarm. Her gaze instinctively sought Shen Tingyu in the crowd as she hurriedly clarified, "Hey, Dad! Don't listen to Nankun's nonsense!"
    "I wasn't asking for myself; I was asking for—" She paused, then continued, "for a friend of mine!"
    "He's a huge fan of Qingran, always adored him, dreams about him! I just thought, since there's a chance, why not have Nankun pay a bit more attention to him for me!"
    "Oh, okay then," Xie Shaoming shrugged, then remembered his primary concern, "Enough of that, let's hurry up and start the first step of data collection!"
    The research institute spent the afternoon preliminarily collecting data on Xu Qingran's current soul fluctuations and relevant information before letting him leave, saying they would invite him back if there were new developments.
    After saying goodbye to Xie Nanyi and her father, Xu Qingran and Shen Tingyu headed back to the Tianlang Sector together.
    The journey was quiet with little conversation between them, but the atmosphere was still relaxed.
    Unable to resist, Xu Qingran drifted back to sleep, feeling reassured.
    The collaboration with the research institute had drained a lot of his mental energy.
    Once their spacecraft entered the safe zone of the star system, Shen Tingyu pushed the joystick and switched to autopilot mode.
    He was deep in thought, struggling with his considerations.
    ...Setting aside the D-type aspect, Xu Qingran's thoughts and personality did seem to align well with his.
    If their compatibility and pairing were to become a certainty, and the truth revealed in six months, then in this half-year... he might as well give it a try.
    Trying to see if he could like and interact with Xu Qingran as a partner. Observing too, whether Xu Qingran was really different from those D-types he had imagined.
    The luxurious spacecraft, adorned with the Jin Yi emblem, smoothly made its way to its destination.
    A few days later.
    It was a day as calm and ordinary as any other.
    Until the Empire posted a new announcement on its official website dedicated to updating information on rare mental types.
    "Another D-type Born in the Kyan Empire!"
    The announcement revealed that after several days of confirmation, the Soul and Spirit Institute had finally made public this S-tier D-type. They introduced that this high-tier D-type was Xu Qingran from the Silver Dragon-FR Fairy System, Red Maple Star.
    Once he successfully graduates from the military academy, there might be a public soul compatibility matching with an E-type from the Empire who has yet to find a compatible partner.
    Major media and social platforms' official accounts all shared this news.
    Including the official account of the Kyan Empire.
    Netizens, drawn by the scent of juicy gossip and excitement, flocked in.
    And then, they were dumbfounded in the comment section.
    【?】
    【??】
    [What???]
    A beginning all too familiar.
    The netizens were thrown into disarray.
    First, there's a new D-type, which is OK.
    But secondly, who did you say?
    The D-type they were expecting, the gentle, kind, cute, generous, soft, and easily teased one, who was that???