Chapter 13: The Meeting

    Xu Qingran spent the two days in the arena thinking about many things.
    Firstly, how to eliminate everyone inside with the least effort.
    Then, about the censor who had been 'taking care' of him lately. He had felt something amiss for a few days but couldn't pinpoint exactly what, until he entered the arena, staking his life in a group fight.

    A high-ranking official from the Golden Wing faction, with a privileged aura and a style very much like that of an extreme Type E.
    That's when he suddenly thought of that name.
    The Tower Head feigned difficulty for a while before answering, "If you put it that way, I can't say it isn't him."

    This was an acknowledgment of his suspicion.
    There was no real need to hide it, after all. New prisoners might not recognize him, but the staff members, especially those who had been there longer, all knew he was the General from the Golden Wing faction.

    A brief silence followed, then Xu Qingran chuckled again.
    He said, "Alright, I have no more questions."
    Turns out he wasn't some deranged old man.

    "Look at his physique and qualifications, and then look at the body you picked for me. Shouldn't you reflect on your choices?" he thought to the system.
    The system, feeling wronged: "Ah, but even if you wanted, he's not dead, you can't just take over."
    Xu Qingran: "Then next time, kill him first, then let me take over."
    System: "..."
    That's entirely impossible!
    ·
    Xu Qingran had survived the arena and outlasted the censor.

    These days, he had been staying in the medical department of Tower 3, alternating between changing dressings and resting, regaining strength.
    His fever had completely subsided.

    He still refused the MT serum injections offered by the medical staff, choosing to recover slowly. After the upgrade in his mental pool grade, the time to fully restore his mental power had increased significantly, but his physical wounds also healed much faster.
    The several girls in the medical department, although from different factions, got along quite well.

    They just loved gossip.
    "Come, let me show you our Silver Dragon military's heartthrob! Of course, it has to be Colonel Lu, who personally led the team and resolved the disaster in the Northern District 3 of Red City!"
    "Colonel Lu is indeed very handsome, but sadly he's already taken. Unlike our Golden Wing guy, we can still dream about him!"

    Today, they were discussing the notable figures of the two factions again.
    Initially, they were cautious about the topic in his presence, but realizing he didn't mind, they gradually became more open.

    One of the more experienced staff members directly asked him, "Mr. Xu, about that 99% soul compatibility gossip we mentioned a few days ago, everyone's saying one of them is you."
    "Why don't you share some details with us?"
    As one of the subjects of the gossip, Xu Qingran had already been briefed by them about the matching sensation on the Xingya forum a few days ago.
    Reportedly, it was still trending on the homepage.

    "Shh, the Tower 3 supervisor is coming!"
    As the lookout colleague warned, everyone swiftly returned to their stations, slipping into work mode.
    The supervisor, responsible only for the odd-numbered towers, was a sort of mini Tower Head.

    The supervisor of Tower 3 was a tall man with long, thin limbs like bamboo and a goatee, always wearing a stern face. Since Xu Qingran's arrival in the medical department, he had been frequently visiting, primarily to discuss Xu's departure from the Evil Tower.
    Today, the Tower 3 supervisor brought him a red, gold-embossed invitation: "This is an official invitation from Grandtis University."