Chapter 21: Triple Fusion into V

    After browsing the forum for a while, Shen Tianyi finally came downstairs, holding a slightly darker-colored metallic sphere.
    In the meantime, the system briefed him on the device known as 'Asteroid.'
    "(AS) Asteroid, now in its fifth generation, is valued at 490,000 star coins. It can do everything a tablet can, even providing a full 3D surround immersive experience. It's used for watching dramas, reading novels, participating in comment sections of news outlets and forums, and live streaming, even enabling online interaction with idols."
    "For example, in Dori Lili's online concert you watched, if interactive mode is enabled, it can randomly select Asteroid users for handshakes or even cross-galaxy photos. Holographic game streamers can invite fans to play, and food bloggers can share tastes."
    "This is possible because it connects to the user's spiritual energy, allowing it to convey sensory information."
    Approaching Xu Qingran, Shen Tianyi hesitated before handing over the fifth-generation Asteroid, "This is my uncle's Asteroid. You can borrow it, but be careful. If it gets damaged, he'll kill me!"
    Xu Qingran was surprised.
    This child dared to offer him Shen Tingyu's belongings, which was quite a gesture.
    Therefore, he decided to erase all the wrong answers from the child's math homework, making him redo it when he had the time.
    Xu Qingran took the sphere, surprised by its weight, about two pounds. A small, glossy black dot in the middle appeared to be the camera.
    Holding it for a while, unsure how to activate it, he asked Shen Tianyi for instructions.
    As Shen Tingyu's Asteroid was registered with his personal information, it shouldn't have opened for someone else. However, Shen Tianyi, living with him and virtually raised by him, had all the household items registered with his information as well.
    Thus, Shen Tianyi helped Xu Qingran activate the AS device.
    Shen Tianyi placed his own device on the table, frowning like an adult while setting up the equipment: "You want to start a live stream? You should have a theme. What do you plan to broadcast?"
    Xu Qingran's gaze swept around the room, finally settling on the kitchen.
    Today happened to be Auntie Song's grocery shopping day, and there should still be some unused ingredients in the fridge. Not wanting to waste them, he decided, "Let's cook something."
    Meanwhile, at the FR Fairy Series location on Red Maple Star.
    The door of the Xu family house was slightly open, and Xu Qing'an sat on the sofa, his screen showing the mobile version of the Star Edge forum.
    [......L: How is it not possible? Someone as vile as Xu Qingran is only suited for someone like Boss Chen!]
    His delicate fingers paused on the screen over the last comment he had sent.
    Coming back to his senses, Xu Qing'an realized he had been looking at candid photos and increasingly realistic discussions in the thread, responding angrily with his alternate account.
    The hand he had been resting on his mouth tightened slightly, his expression turning sour.
    He could recognize Xu Qingran's silhouette anywhere. The photos released by the bystanders clearly showed his brother getting out of Shen Tingyu's car. What was going on? He had personally seen Zhang Hongyan modify the matching data and confirmed that the specimen chip's data code belonged to Chen Shengfei.
    So how had Xu Qingran suddenly become involved with the General of the Golden Wing Regiment? There had never been any talk of them knowing each other. Could it be related to the matching issue, seeking help or making a deal?
    As Xu Qing'an pondered, the news on TV suddenly grabbed his attention.
    "The unrest in South District 13 of Red City has finally ceased with the help of the Golden Wing Regiment's forces, and Type I Devils have temporarily retreated from the area. The Silver Dragon Regiment is actively taking over the aftermath management. Several operational daily-use flying vehicles were found at the scene, confirmed to belong to several individuals reported missing from Red City recently..."
    The missing individuals' photos were of the men he had hired to abduct Xu Qingran.
    "Military personnel did not find their bodies at the scene, suggesting they might have entered the area before the Type I Devils were cleared, and it's highly likely they met with foul play..."
    Xu Qing'an's expression grew even more solemn.
    So how exactly did Xu Qingran manage to escape that day? With his frail abilities, it seemed impossible against five or six grown men!
    He suddenly remembered that the night of Xu Qingran's disappearance coincided with the Golden Wing Regiment's surprise operation, with Shen Tingyu as the overall commander of the area cleanup. Could it be that Shen Tingyu rescued Xu Qingran that night?
    Then... did Shen Tingyu also know about Xu Qingran being framed?
    The sound at the entrance interrupted Xu Qing'an's various speculations.
    Seeing Lu Cheng enter from outside, he discreetly exited the forum interface.
    Lu Cheng approached the sofa and patted his head, "Do you have anything else to bring? Once your dad returns, we'll go to the hospital to pick up your mom."
    Xu Qing'an nodded, smiling sweetly, "Thank you for taking care of everything, including the new house and my family's matters, despite your busy schedule."
    Lu Cheng returned the smile, "It's no problem. You are my future partner; these are my responsibilities."
    The atmosphere at the Xu family had indeed been tense since Xu Qingran left. Lu Cheng had explained his reason for visiting Xu Qingran, and although Xu Qing'an felt resentful, he pretended to be magnanimous and helped Lu Cheng explain to the elders.
    Perhaps realizing his misconduct, Lu Cheng had been exceptionally kind to him ever since.
    Remembering that Lu Cheng had gone to the Golden Wing area looking for Xu Qingran, Xu Qing'an asked, "By the way, Lu Cheng, it's been many days, and my brother hasn't contacted home. When you went to Boss Chen's place last time, how was his condition? Was he mistreated?"
    Lu Cheng paused, his tone puzzled, "Boss Chen?"
    He was about to continue speaking when the door suddenly opened.
    Xu Qing'an's father, having made time in his busy schedule to visit the Imperial Star, entered. His face looked more haggard with new wrinkles, his eyes blank, as if he had been greatly shocked and traumatized.
    Knowing the purpose of his father's trip, Xu Qing'an rose anxiously from the sofa, "Dad, what happened? How did it go?"
    "Did the Empire really summon you over the matter of brother and Boss Chen?"
    Hearing his son's voice, Xu's father came to his senses, walking in a daze to a single-seater sofa and heavily sitting down, hands braced on his knees.
    After a long pause, he replied, "...Ah, yes, it's about your brother."
    The more he spoke, the more he doubted everything, "But it's not with Boss Chen, it's with... the Shen family of the Golden Wing."
    Hearing this, the smile on Xu Qing'an's face froze.
    ·
    After Shen Tianyi helped him set up the live stream, Xu Qingran placed Shen Tingyu's Asteroid on the kitchen counter, perfectly framing himself and the cooking process in the camera. The device also conveniently displayed live viewer count, comments, and gifts.
    Having set everything up, Xu Qingran put on an apron and turned to work with the ingredients he had gathered from the fridge. Being new to this and with an unknown username, he didn't expect immediate recognition or arguments from viewers.
    Thus, he didn't notice the rapid rise in viewer numbers the moment his live stream started.
    The audience quickly surpassed one million, but curiously, there were no comments.
    It was only after a minute that a comment finally appeared.
    【?】
    Followed by another from the same account.
    [Did I enter the wrong room? Isn't this General Shen's live stream?]
    After these comments, people gradually began to speak up. The screen exploded with a barrage of questions, agreements, and shock.
    [Yeah! Isn't this my idol's live stream?! Who is that person inside?!]
    [I thought my screen was frozen!!]
    [I was scared to death, General Shen suddenly doing a live stream, I thought it was some serious announcement! Like the devil swarms breaching some galaxy's defenses or something...]
    So, what happened?
    The live stream was peaceful and beautiful, featuring a handsome young man cooking?
    This completely shocked all the Golden Wing fans.
    They would rather believe it was a platform glitch than accept that this was indeed the stream of General Shen, who is known for broadcasting only during significant events.
    In the kitchen, decorated in shades of grey and white, a man in a white shirt was scooping diced chili peppers into a glass bowl. Sugar began to bubble in the pot, and he poured the blanched pig trotters into it.
    Light smoke billowed, casting the tall figure by the pot into a play of shadow and light.
    After stir-frying for a while and beginning the stewing process, the man started slicing apples on the chopping board. His head slightly lowered, the curve of his neck and Adam's apple was enticing. His light brown hair was a bit messy, but it didn't detract from his exquisite looks.
    The viewers were mesmerized, and the barrage of comments shifted from initial confusion to discussing the food and the man, as if forgetting this was supposed to be General Shen's live stream.
    [Can someone tell me why he's cutting apples for braised pig trotters?]
    [I'm only concerned about whether the knife used for chopping chilies was washed!]
    [Haha, the host's pig trotters look so good, must be delicious.]
    [Girl, you better really be talking about pig trotters!]
    The man cooking indeed had beautiful hands, clear and distinct in every subtle movement, captivating enough to keep viewers from looking away. A black glove adorned his left hand, creating a mysterious and rhythmic contrast against his fair skin.
    The harmonious flow of comments ceased when the man added the chopped apples and washed grapes to the pot.
    【?】
    [What???]
    [Who in the world adds apples and grapes to braised pig trotters!!!]
    [Marmot screams!! Are you really cracking raw eggs directly into it?!]
    [Help! What kind of high-level dark cuisine is this?]
    Xu Qingran added all the ingredients he could use into the pot, then glanced at the Asteroid, startled by the floating viewer count. Attempting a rough estimate of the digits, he was even more astounded to realize it was at least in the billions.
    "?"
    He knew he was good-looking, but not enough to attract so many viewers just by starting a broadcast.
    After looking around without finding any comments, Xu Qingran called his nephew, "Tianyi, could you check if there's a bug with the live stream? It shows a lot of people, but I can't see any comments."
    Shen Tianyi, who had approached when Xu Qingran brought the Asteroid to the platform, exclaimed, "Oh, it looks like we forgot to turn them on."
    The audience in the live stream exploded the moment Shen Tianyi came close to the camera.
    Most didn't know what Xu Qingran looked like, but as citizens of the Golden Wing, they definitely recognized Shen Tingyu's nephew, Shen Tianyi!
    ...So, this is Shen Tingyu's home?
    Shen Tingyu's kitchen?!
    Moments later, a viewer with trembling hands sent this message:
    [...Can someone from the Silver Dragon confirm, is this what the renowned eldest son of the Xu family looks like?]
    ·
    When Shen Tianyi helped Xu Qingran turn on the host's comments, they were both startled by the flood of text. Xu Qingran was equally surprised, unable to clearly read the rapidly scrolling comments.
    Shen Tianyi stared at the words flashing before their eyes, frozen for half a minute, then suddenly covered his face in shock.
    It's over! Finished!
    Shen Tianyi, preoccupied with setting up Xu Qingran's live stream, forgot to switch from the special broadcast channel used by the Golden Wing Regiment for important announcements, which Shen Tingyu also used.
    Meanwhile, in the Golden Crow City on Tianlang Fei Star, the headquarters of the Golden Wing Military.
    The atmosphere in the third-floor conference room was tense.
    The man with the most regal attire, black hair, and blue eyes, exuded an unusual coldness, a stark contrast to his usual demeanor. He sat at the forefront, silent, while others in the room shrank back, not daring to speak.
    It wasn't until the person at the head of the table spoke in a grave tone, "What's the situation with the power stations in the northern part of Tianying?"
    In this era, power stations were vital for the Empire, especially during the ongoing war against the devil swarms. Electricity was their biggest weakness; safe star systems were shielded by powerful electric barriers preventing their approach.
    For star systems already invaded, maintaining power stations was critical. Regions forced to cut off electricity became easy targets for the devils.
    AQ Tianying, under Golden Wing jurisdiction, had been invaded, forcing abandonment of most planets. Now, the destruction of two main power stations supplying electricity to safe planets was a grave crisis.
    Shen Tingyu, just back at work, had received this bad news. His new area-clearing plan was put on hold, spending half a month defending against the invading devils in Tianying, ensuring the repair and safety of power stations and the people.
    Returning now, he naturally sought accountability from those responsible for defending Tianying.
    The meeting room was filled with key personnel responsible for Tianying's defense, whose negligence had led to this crisis. The devils, joining forces with a previously expelled insect race, caught them unprepared, leading to such a catastrophe, leaving them no choice but to accept reprimand.
    Just as the atmosphere reached a peak of solemnity, a long 'beep' sound came from behind Shen Tingyu.
    A retractable projection screen slowly descended from above.
    The headquarters' military AI system announced, "Detecting live stream from General Shen Tingyu of the Golden Wing Regiment. As per protocol, all audiovisual playback in the headquarters will be paused and redirected to the General's live stream—"
    The live stream image quickly appeared on the screen.
    Everyone in the meeting room, initially receiving a scolding, shifted from guilty and ashamed to stunned and dumbfounded, turning their gazes instinctively toward Shen Tingyu, who was conducting their review meeting.
    The person at the head of the table remained silent for a few seconds before slowly turning around, chair and all.
    The young man in the video, seemingly agitated by something he saw, faced the camera with a mischievous, proud smile, hinting at a readiness for trouble.
    The next moment he declared, "Yes, I am Xu Qingran, the one you all despise."
    "Right now, not only am I in your idol's house using his live stream channel, but I'm also using his kitchen, his bathroom, entering his room—oh, and sleeping in his bed."
    A bombshell statement.
    While the people in the conference room were internally reeling, they remained outwardly composed, not daring to breathe too loudly. Shen Tingyu, with his back turned, had been staring at the screen motionlessly, leaving them unable to discern his current expression.
    Surely, he couldn't be in a good mood!
    Meanwhile, on the homepage of the Xingya forum, strange posts began to appear.
    They had blunt, even explosive titles, several of them.
    [OMG—!]
    Clicking on them revealed a main post that was just a series of:
    OMG!!!
    Some netizens, confused, posted question marks.
    A few minutes later, returning to the forum, they too joined the frenzy.
    ·
    Without needing Shen Tianyi's explanation, Xu Qingran quickly gathered from the chaotic barrage of comments that he had accidentally used Shen Tingyu's account for the live stream. Seeing the continuously rising viewer count, he thought to himself that Shen Tingyu must be quite popular.
    As expected, most netizens harbored strong opinions against Xu Qingran.
    Lu Cheng, being a celebrity from the Silver Dragon Regiment and frequently showcased in their promotions, was well-known even among Golden Wing citizens, who also followed his love life. Initially, they didn't realize the man in the live stream was Xu Qingran, largely because of the notorious reputation deeply ingrained in their minds about the Xu family's eldest son.
    Who could have imagined that the rumored tyrant young master looked so handsome and seemingly harmless?
    Of course, that was only until he opened his mouth.
    Most viewers in the live stream were Shen Tingyu's fans. They were instantly unsettled by Xu's provocative statements, unleashing a torrent of comments against him.
    Xu Qingran, however, appeared unfazed, even somewhat enjoying the chaos: "Are you angry?"
    "Then stay angry."
    "Regardless of how upset you get, I'll still be living and eating with him, showering together, and seeing him undressed."
    【......】
    「......」
    The netizens were left speechless in their fury.
    It was undeniable that Xu Qingran was the first rumored partner to have moved into Shen Tingyu's house. Furthermore, considering Xu's good looks and physique, it wasn't hard to wonder if the usually stoic General could remain unaffected.
    Meanwhile, the system wondered whether its host could ever reverse his public image following the script, to become a beloved and admired figure.
    The reason why the original character's defamation caused such an uproar was partly due to the social norms of the Kai'an Empire. For most, the public image of individuals from prominent families was crucial. Even if privately unpleasant, a publicly amiable and gentle demeanor was expected.
    Xu Qingran, however, seemed naturally rebellious, choosing to go against the grain.
    [Darn it, why does the infamous Xu family scion have to be so good-looking? It's impossible to criticize his appearance!]
    Catching this comment amid the flood of messages, Xu Qingran laughed and highlighted it: "Thanks for the compliment. So, in being with me, it's actually your General who's punching above his weight."
    【......】
    The barrage of comments fell silent.
    Shen Tianyi, already overwhelmed by the barrage, stayed dumbfounded, speechless, his mind racing about the trouble he might be in. Worse, his communicator chose that moment to ring, the name of the caller making him feel faint.
    Whimpering.
    His uncle must have called to reprimand him.
    Trembling, Shen Tianyi answered the call, met with silence on the other end.
    With tears in his eyes and before Shen Tingyu could speak, he miserably confessed, "Uncle, I'm sorry! It's my fault!"
    After a long pause, a neutral voice replied, "Hand the communicator to Xu Qingran."
    Shen Tianyi approached the figure in the kitchen, tugging at his clothing. The person in front of the camera, who had been engaging with his online audience, paused to take the communicator from the tearful Shen Tianyi and placed it to his ear.
    It didn't take much to guess it was Shen Tingyu.
    Perhaps sensing his presence, the person on the other end spoke first, "Xu Qingran?"
    His voice, deep and slightly magnetic, uttered the three words at a deliberate pace, his tone rising slightly at the end – not so much confirming the identity of the caller, but rather questioning his current actions.
    The viewers seemed to guess the caller's identity.
    The barrage erupted into laughter, speculating Shen Tingyu was calling to scold him.
    Xu Qingran's eyebrows raised slightly, a meaningful smile playing at the corners of his mouth.
    His tone, winding and ever-changing, finally settled into a gentle breeze-like phrase: "My dear, how did you know I was just thinking about you?"
    The broadcast in the Jinwu City military headquarters had been cut.
    Shen Tingyu paused the meeting, standing in a deserted corner of the corridor, silently gazing at the landscape outside for a full ten seconds. The voice from the communicator felt so unfamiliarly gentle and sweet, almost causing a momentary daze.
    It was ticklishly enticing.
    After a moment, he said, "Although that's my personal channel, I typically use it only for announcing important news to the Empire or Jinwu Camp. To put it seriously, the moment you started broadcasting, it was live-streamed in real-time across the entire Jinwu Camp and its branches."
    This time, the silence shifted to the other end.
    A hint of amusement finally appeared in Shen Tingyu's eyes as he reminded, "You can use the Little Asteroid, but it's best to end my live broadcast soon."
    Quickly, he received Xu Qingran's reply: "Alright, I know you're worried about me getting tired. I'll be good and follow your advice."
    His voice remained tender, as if deliberately softening it further, much to the chagrin of the live audience.
    Just as Shen Tingyu ended the call and before he could relax, another call came in.
    This time, it was someone from the Shen family, one of his uncles or great-uncles, who immediately demanded, "Tingyu, what's this about the fiancée you're keeping for Tianyi? This has blown up into a huge issue!"
    Leaning against a metal railing, Shen Tingyu chuckled, "I warned you earlier that the fiancée matched for our family isn't easy to handle."
    "So, are you still planning to delay another year and arrange another compatibility match for me?"
    His gaze suddenly turned frosty: "Don't think I don't know your intention in forcibly bringing him to my home. Rather than hoping for some kind of relationship to develop between us, worry more about his temperament potentially adding another E-type to the Shen family."
    The elderly voice on the other end didn't respond, leaving only heavy breathing sounds.
    "Of course, the most pressing issue now is the Shen family's public relations management," Shen Tingyu remarked nonchalantly, seemingly detached from the controversy he was at the center of, "I'll leave this matter to you elders to discuss and handle, thank you."
    Having said his piece, he politely waited for the other side to hang up in a huff.
    Outside, the sky gradually took on a golden hue, with layers of crimson clouds rolling like waves. In the distance, a giant red-foreheaded green bird flew leisurely with its young. As they fluttered their tails against the wind, a pleasant tinkling sound echoed through the air.
    Shen Tingyu, gazing distantly at the scenery outside, suddenly chuckled.
    It was both amusing and frustrating.
    After the unexpected incident, everyone in the meeting room was grumbling. They were already on edge, anticipating Shen Tingyu's mood to worsen due to the disruption, making their wait for his return all the more anxious.
    About thirty minutes later, Shen Tingyu finally returned.
    Bracing for a harsher scolding, the attendees were surprised when he calmly said, "Let's end here for today."
    "All personnel from the Tianying System branches are to double their training over the next three months. Rehearse every emergency response that wasn't executed properly this time. I'll personally oversee and test these drills in three months."
    "Management staff will have their performance bonuses withheld for three months, and a ten-thousand-word self-critique report is due in one month."
    "Meeting adjourned."
    With that, he truly left, leaving everyone behind in astonishment.
    ... It felt like a miraculous reprieve from certain doom.
    ·
    Xu Qingran didn't end the broadcast immediately after hanging up.
    Since the live audience started criticizing him for wasting food, he decided to prove them wrong by eating his homemade braised pork trotters with grapes and apples, bite by bite, right in front of them.
    Call him cheap, flirtatious, or bad, anything was acceptable.
    But accusing him of wasting food was off-limits.
    The live chat was left with nothing but question marks and exclamation marks.
    [Seeing the host actually eating everything, I'm going to tip too!]
    [But seriously, does that concoction actually taste good?]
    Xu Qingran, holding up an empty bowl and the nearly empty pot, responded, "It's delicious."
    In his most difficult days in the past, he had to resort to eating insects dug out from the earth, and even worse, things that were hard to swallow. So in this world, as long as it's freshly cooked food, he finds it tasty.
    Following the 'Clean Plate Campaign', Xu Qingran, before ending the broadcast, also told his viewers, "Below is my personal Starlight payment code for tips. Feel free to send money directly if you wish to tip. I don't want the platform taking a cut."
    Taking advantage of using Shen Tingyu's account and knowing the official platform wouldn't dare to ban it, he acted without restraint.
    Surprisingly, he actually started receiving transfer notifications on his phone.
    Xu Qingran curved his eyes into a sweet smile, waved goodbye to his audience, who were almost driven to tears by him today, and ended the live stream.
    Not long after he finished the broadcast, Auntie Song returned home, unaware of the ruckus he and Shen Tianyi had caused in the kitchen, and diligently prepared a delicious dinner. Xu Qingran, with a great appetite, finished his share and then pulled Shen Tianyi aside to re-tutor his kindergarten math homework.
    By the time Shen Tianyi corrected his mistakes, he was teary-eyed from tiredness.
    Xu Qingran patted his head and appreciatively said, "Thanks for your help today."
    Considering the mistake they made, Shen Tingyu might even vent his anger on this poor kid.
    Puffing his chest with pride, Shen Tianyi said, "I was just doing my duty!"
    Auntie Song then took him away for a bath and bedtime.
    Xu Qingran sat at the tea table, resting his chin in his hand, watching them leave with an unintentional, soft smile in his eyes.
    Just as he was about to return to his room, the sound of the main door opening echoed.
    The person who entered was Shen Tingyu, who wasn't expected back for another week. Still in his formal and elegant work attire, his hair was slightly disheveled from the rush and wind, giving him an indescribably wild allure.
    Xu Qingran briefly met Shen Tingyu's gaze before diverting his eyes, asking, "Why are you back already?"
    Shen Tingyu, finding Xu Qingran's mix of guilt and righteousness amusing, couldn't help but laugh.
    Closing the door, he said, "I was worried if I didn't return soon, you might start bathing in my live streaming room next time."
    "I wouldn't go that far," Xu Qingran responded, turning his attention back to Shen Tingyu.
    It seemed to be raining outside; Shen Tingyu's shoulders and hair were dotted with fine droplets. Unperturbed, he changed into slippers and approached, presenting Xu Qingran with a large bag he'd been carrying since entering: "Here, take this."
    Xu Qingran, somewhat perplexed, accepted it and looked inside, discovering a brand-new fifth-generation 'Asteroid'.
    "?"
    "Why are you giving this to me?"
    Shen Tingyu's expression was an amused smirk: "Should I let you continue using mine instead of getting you a new one?"
    Xu Qingran fell silent.
    His tone was unusually softer than usual, "Then let me transfer you the money for it. I heard these aren't cheap."
    "No need," Shen Tingyu replied. "The money Shen family gave me is more than enough for several lifetimes."
    Xu Qingran: "..."
    He's really flaunting his wealth.
    After handing over the gift, Shen Tingyu went upstairs. Xu Qingran, clutching the bag, decided to find an opportunity to ask Shen Tianyi for Shen Tingyu's bank account details. The Xu family had also 'left' him a substantial sum, and it was a waste not to spend it.
    Returning to his room, Xu Qingran set down the bag and, after a warm bath, eagerly began to explore the new 'Asteroid' Shen Tingyu had bought for him.
    The soft glow of the desk lamp cast a warm hue on the silvery 'Asteroid'. Xu Qingran had only seen Shen Tianyi operate it briefly earlier, knowing how to start a live stream but not the initial setup.
    After fiddling with it for a while, he took it upstairs.
    The light in Shen Tingyu's study was still on, the door slightly ajar. Xu Qingran knocked, and the man inside, fresh from a bath with damp hair, turned around: "Is there a problem with the device?"
    "No, it's fine," Xu Qingran responded, "I'm just not very adept at using it."
    Shen Tingyu opened the door to invite him in, pausing upon noticing Xu Qingran's bare hands, he reminded, "Your gloves."
    Forgetting about the gloves again, Xu Qingran first stuffed the device into Shen Tingyu's arms and went downstairs to fetch them. Upon returning, Shen Tingyu was already attentively configuring the 'Asteroid' by the desk.
    Xu Qingran, now with gloves on, approached, remarking, "You all are too finicky about this."
    "We're all men; a little glance wouldn't matter much."
    Shen Tingyu paused briefly, chuckling, "You'd be at a disadvantage in that case."
    Unable to empathize, Xu Qingran pondered and naturally suggested, "If you're worried about me being at a disadvantage, why not show me yours too? That would make us even."
    "......"
    Shen Tingyu fell silent again, his expression flickering with a trace of discomfort.
    Ignoring Xu Qingran's absurd proposal of 'equal exchange', he handed the configured 'Asteroid' to him: "Stretch out your hand to register your personal soul information."
    Xu Qingran followed the instructions, then recorded a backup fingerprint, connected his health bracelet, and other details. Shen Tingyu set it up and succinctly explained each function of the device, including a brief overview of the initial software.
    He also carefully set up a live streaming account for him, seemingly quite concerned about avoiding a repeat of the day's incident.
    Xu Qingran asked, "Can I go on your live stream again to notify your fans that I've started my own channel, to funnel some audience?"
    Hearing this, Shen Tingyu couldn't help but laugh.
    "No," Shen Tingyu replied, handing back the fully set up 'Asteroid' to Xu Qingran.
    Xu Qingran wasn't upset by the expected response.
    Before leaving, Shen Tingyu also asked for Xu Qingran's communicator and phone contacts, essentially adding whatever was possible. This was to ensure he could reach Xu Qingran immediately the next time he caused trouble.
    Holding his new toy, Xu Qingran looked at Shen Tingyu, finding him agreeably handsome for the first time, and said with a smile, "Thank you."
    It must be said, Xu Qingran's smile was indeed captivating and attractive.
    Recalling his antics from earlier in the day, Shen Tingyu asked, "Not pinching anymore?"
    Xu Qingran paused, his expression gradually turning disdainful, "So, the general likes that sort of thing?"
    If it weren't for irritating those online viewers in the afternoon, he wouldn't have done something so foolish.
    Shen Tingyu chuckled and turned to tidy up the empty boxes and wrappers on the desk, "I don't like it, so you might as well keep it for others. Pinch it for them to hear."
    Xu Qingran understood the insinuation in his words.
    Nodding, he assured, "Don't worry, it's not your turn to listen."
    After saying this, he left, thoughtfully closing the study door behind him.
    Shen Tingyu sighed lightly.
    It was strange; every time he met with Xu Qingran, they never seemed to have a proper conversation, each encounter leaving him with a conflicting feeling of irritation and exhilaration.
    He was increasingly convinced there was a problem with their original soul match compatibility.
    This certainly didn't feel like the interaction between two souls with a 99% compatibility rate.
    ·
    "No," Shen Tingyu replied, handing back the fully set up 'Asteroid' to Xu Qingran.
    Xu Qingran wasn't upset by the expected response.
    Before leaving, Shen Tingyu also asked for Xu Qingran's communicator and phone contacts, essentially adding whatever was possible. This was to ensure he could reach Xu Qingran immediately the next time he caused trouble.
    Holding his new toy, Xu Qingran looked at Shen Tingyu, finding him agreeably handsome for the first time, and said with a smile, "Thank you."
    It must be said, Xu Qingran's smile was indeed captivating and attractive.
    Recalling his antics from earlier in the day, Shen Tingyu asked, "Not pinching anymore?"
    Xu Qingran paused, his expression gradually turning disdainful, "So, the general likes that sort of thing?"
    If it weren't for irritating those online viewers in the afternoon, he wouldn't have done something so foolish.
    Shen Tingyu chuckled and turned to tidy up the empty boxes and wrappers on the desk, "I don't like it, so you might as well keep it for others. Pinch it for them to hear."
    Xu Qingran understood the insinuation in his words.
    Nodding, he assured, "Don't worry, it's not your turn to listen."
    After saying this, he left, thoughtfully closing the study door behind him.
    Shen Tingyu sighed lightly.
    It was strange; every time he met with Xu Qingran, they never seemed to have a proper conversation, each encounter leaving him with a conflicting feeling of irritation and exhilaration.
    He was increasingly convinced there was a problem with their original soul match compatibility.
    This certainly didn't feel like the interaction between two souls with a 99% compatibility rate.
    The original post discussing his partner as Owner Chen resurfaced, with the user who had claimed to be an insider from a prominent family exploding with responses, declaring they were the real scoop source, and calling for those who had made predictions to fulfill their promises.
    Xu Qingran continued to browse the hottest new posts, encountering some amusing comments.
    [7888L: So, does this mean everything Xu Qingran said in his live stream was fake?]
    [9127L: Right? I'm so relieved, wuwuwu, the admiral hasn't been tainted!]
    [12651L: Xu must have said that just to rile us up. Compared to today's official announcement, I feel somewhat relieved.]
    【27779L:
    Xu Qingran: [Under the same roof, whatever you imagine about your idol can happen. Some things don't necessarily require a perfect soul match to occur ^_^].
    After posting a reply under his verified account, Xu Qingran exited the forum, satisfied.
    He then noticed a strange post that had been bumped to the front page, speculating about Shen Tingyu's capabilities.
    After pondering, he took a photo with his phone and sent it to someone he had just added the previous night.
    With genuine curiosity, he asked: [[Image]]
    [Admiral, is this true?]
    A few minutes later, a new message popped up.
    [Shen Tingyu: ?]
    Satisfied, Xu Qingran put down his phone and continued scrolling through the forum on his light board, stumbling upon another slightly popular discussion thread.
    Title: Next week is Xu's younger brother's graduation banquet, starting a thread in advance to livestream the grandeur of a high society feast for the family!