Chapter 18: A Lesson

    From the direction of the voice, a group of young people about his age had gathered.
    They were a mix of genders, dressed and poised quite decently, not looking like troublemakers. Some sported luxurious watches, others slung expensive bags over their shoulders, and their gazes towards him were anything but friendly.

    During Xu Qingran's appraisal, one holding a coffee cup smugly asked him, "How about it? Are your 'excellent' works more appealing now after our little embellishment?"
    As this was said, the group burst into laughter again.
    Unable to hold back, the system huffed: "So it was them who sabotaged the original owner's belongings!"

    Xu Qingran thought, perfect, saves me the trouble of looking for them.
    He placed the box he was carrying down by a pillar at the front of the school building, then slowly descended the steps towards the group, inquiring, "This indecency you mention, are you referring to me or Xu Qing'an?"
    Hearing him mention Xu Qing'an, their malice towards him intensified.
    The raspy-voiced youth retorted sharply, "Xu Qing'an isn't as promiscuous as you, flaunting a soul mark on your hand for all to see. Having a mark in such an exposed, easily touched place – isn't that just an open invitation?"

    "Pity, Senior Lu Cheng has good taste; he wasn't deceived by your pretty appearance."
    "Is that so?" Xu Qingran asked, "How does Xu Qing'an usually describe me to you all?"
    The man scoffed, "What? Feeling guilty? Afraid that people will find out how you target him at home, bully and ostracize him, and lose your temper at him?"
    "We just can't stand seeing you bully him because he's mild-mannered. How dare you even show your face at his engagement party?"

    Xu Qingran stopped about a foot away from them, casting a dispassionate glance over the group. They felt he seemed different from usual, but couldn't pinpoint exactly how.
    Then Xu Qingran asked again, "Did he mention that I get crazy when I'm upset?"
    "The kind who dares to beat someone to death."
    The raspy-voiced youth hadn't grasped the meaning of Xu Qingran's words when suddenly his shoulder was grabbed. Xu Qingran seized his other hand, smiled at him, then violently yanked him towards himself.

The others only heard a sound like a dislocation, then the raspy-voiced youth was flung to the ground with a judo throw by Xu Qingran. The heavy thud of the fall, along with his cries of pain clutching his arm, made everyone's skin crawl.

    But Xu Qingran didn't stop there; he stepped forward and kicked him hard in the stomach.
    Sending him flying several meters.
    Then, approaching the youth's other uninjured arm, he raised his foot and placed it over his wrist.

    Looking down at him, Xu Qingran's eyes were cold and clear: "Knowing I have a bad temper and a nasty personality, you still provoked me?"
    "If you wish to die, just say the word. I can grant that wish."

    As soon as he finished speaking, he pressed down with his foot. It didn't seem forceful to the onlookers, but only the one being stepped on knew the intensity of the spiritual force penetrating his body, injuring muscles and bones, almost shattering them.
    The pain was so intense that he could only open his mouth wide, tears streaming, his voice stuck in his throat.

    The onlookers watched in a mix of horror and disbelief.
    ...Is this the same Xu Qingran with barely an F-grade spiritual power, known for being fragile and delicate?!
    In fear, the group retreated a step as Xu Qingran turned and approached them.
    One bolder person admonished in alarm and anger, "Xu Qingran, you've already been expelled from the medical college, and now you dare to attack someone on campus!"