Chapter 15: Don't Mess With Me

    Xu Qingran was indifferent to the fate of those plotting against him.
    But he was certainly not twisted enough to have any pedophilic inclinations.
    So, when Shen Tingyu pushed his five-year-old nephew in front of him, Xu Qingran was genuinely taken aback.

Xu Qingran: "System?"The system felt pressured: "It's just... it shouldn't be, right? I reported based on the information provided by the management bureau, it can't be wrong!"

    But thinking about it, the initials of Shen Tianyi also spell out STY...
    The trainee system suddenly felt uncertain.
    Moreover, if not mistaken, the sample chips of Shen Tingyu and Shen Tianyi might have been placed together.

    Could it really have made a mistake?!
    If the system could show expressions, it would desperately want to clutch its face in horror.
    Eager to maintain its position and meet its KPIs, it quickly found a consolation: "It's not a big issue, anyway, whether matched with anyone, the data was all fabricated!"
    "Our initial intent was just to have a reason and opportunity to get close to Shen Tingyu, and isn't this just perfect? Plus, being paired with his nephew, you can avoid a lot of trouble, and Shen Tingyu won't be as defensive against you."

Lost in thought, the doorbell suddenly rang.

    Shen Tingyu glanced at the indoor screen, then chuckled meaningfully, "Xu Qingran, someone's looking for you."
    Hearing this, Xu Qingran looked up, puzzled.
    Besides himself, who else knew he was at Shen Tingyu's place?
    A man stood outside the door.

    What first struck Xu Qingran about the visitor was his finely tailored silver and black attire. Elegant and handsome, complemented by a well-fitted long coat – even the most ordinary person would look imposing in such a getup, let alone a man with such an outstanding and tall figure.

    The heavy silver badge on his chest looked substantial and weighty.
    This time, Xu Qingran finally got a clear view of the Silver Dragon's badge.
    It depicted an interlocked silver dragon with slightly spread wings, sharp claws, and a fierce gaze, commanding respect.
    Xu Qingran pondered.

Thinking to himself, the uniform of the Silver Dragon military could indeed look so striking.

    The visitor had a rather fine face – handsome and profound, with a tear mole at the corner of his left eye adding a unique charm.
    He was visibly excited upon seeing Xu Qingran, grabbing his hands and examining him thoroughly, "Qingran, are you alright?"
    Frowning as he scrutinized, he asked, "How did you get such serious injuries?"
    Xu Qingran, observing the concern on the man's face, had a sudden revelation and hesitantly asked, "Lu Cheng?"

    The man didn't correct his address.
    Xu Qingran also noticed Shen Tingyu, leaning by the door, watching the scene with a half-smile.
    The man instinctively tried to pull Xu Qingran towards him, not realizing it was a bit more difficult this time, his wary gaze fixed on Shen Tingyu.
    Despite feeling displeased, he tried to keep his tone even, "General Shen, Xu Qingran is a member of our Silver Dragon camp. You shouldn't have taken him to your home without permission."

    After saying this, Lu Cheng felt his words sounded somewhat ambiguous.
    Feeling inexplicably restless, he repeatedly questioned himself: When did Xu Qingran get involved with Shen Tingyu? Did they know each other for a long time? Had their relationship progressed to the point of crossing camps and visiting homes?
    Shen Tingyu merely chuckled lightly upon hearing Lu Cheng's words, offering no response.
    Standing a step higher, his gaze seemed to look down upon Lu Cheng, creating an illusion of being overseen.