42) Fight

This part contains extremely violent content. It is advisable to abort if not comfortable. There are gruesome details that may unsettle or nauseate you. Kindly skip if you are not brave enough to stand violence. 

Some weeks before

Some weeks before...

Tucking a rebellious strand back, Dhwani looked up through her eyelashes at him as he sat faking interest in his menu. A playful smirk coiled at the sides of his lips watching her eyes flicker between him, his menu, and hers trying to figure out the thing of interest in that leather file he had been holding for the past minutes.

Anirudh was enjoying her attempts to gauge his attention as they sat at the centermost table with others aligned at the corners leaving a good amount of space around them. She knew he was aware of her attention on him. The chandelier scattered its light all over the place but more on the man who sat opposite to her. While her skin glowed like burning gold that could be tainted with a little external caress, his grey eyes were playful and mischievous. Shining brighter than those candles used for decorative purposes.

Her lips pursed in emerging frustration and he immediately placed the menu card down, letting her know he was watching her again. "Are you ready to order?"

"I think" She bit her lower lips in hesitation, pouting. "Do we have to?"

"What?" He cocked a surprised brow. "You don't want to order here?"

"I mean..." She flushed in embarrassment. "Forget it. We should order."

His smirk turned amused. "You do not want to eat here?"

Her eyes took a quick sweep around and she shook her head in answer. "There is nothing enticing in here."

"Okay." He tested, sitting back, and leveling her with a newfound interest. "How about you suggest where will you find something enticing enough to eat?"

As if waiting for this question, she jumped at the opportunity.

"We can go to Orphanage." She suggested with an anticipating excitement. "Kaki is making Pandhra rassa with kothimbir vada and modaks. She said the kids have been requesting it for a while. How about we join them? It's been days since I had authentic Marathi food and Kaki's kothimbir vada is to die for, Anirudh."

"I thought this would be our dinner date." He sat back with his arms crossed. "But you seem to have plans to convert this into a group dinner with your little buddies. Not fair to me, Mrs. Anirudh."

"I thought we could spend some time there and have fun" Dhwani pouted and gave him her best convincing face. "Can we go if I promise to make it up to you some other day?"

"Not someday but today." He negotiated leaning forward, pinching her cheek to deform her pout. "You will go on a long drive with me and we will have an ice cream late at night. We will spend time on the beach, walk around the local markets, and return after midnight. Manzoor?"