9) Hangover

The early morning in the Chauhan house was buzzing as the servants carried basket after basket containing gifts towards the main door and out to the lined-up cars

The early morning in the Chauhan house was buzzing as the servants carried basket after basket containing gifts towards the main door and out to the lined-up cars. The helpers kept making rounds, filling the three car storages up to the brim as the matriarch oversaw the arrangements and the daughter-in-law of Chauhan's – Rashi Chauhan instructed and directed them to work.

"Dhwani, have you kept the jewelry securely?" Rashi asked impatiently to her eldest daughter-in-law, narrowed eyes following her like a hawk as Dhwani nodded and brought the thaal containing the pieces of jewelry for the Shagun ceremony in front for the final approval of the two ladies. "Good, bring this along with you."

"Yes, Mom." Dhwani nodded and carried the thaal toward her room as she decided to get ready.

It was the Shagun ceremony for Rakshit and Shreya, the two families were meeting today and exchanging gifts in order to decide a date for the Engagement and then the wedding.

She pushed the door open using her shoulder and huffed as her arms ached for carrying the bronze thaal all the way to the third floor. The lift was used by helpers who hurried as the instructions were shot at them and breathless, they run all around the place.

She pitied them and left the elevator at their disposal, something she was regretting now.

"Why are you carrying this alone?" A voice reached her before she would meet his eyes, Anirudh instantly was at her side and helped her place it down on their bed.

She rolled her eyes feeling the annoyance back as he showed that he cared, not that he meant it.

He was doing everything because of guilt, she knew he had heard her that day. He was pitying her, just like everyone else did.

Wordlessly, she passed him a small smile showing her gratitude and walked inside the door of the closet to change.

She decided on a navy-blue saree and draped it around a thin-strapped black blouse with was secured with a zip on the back.

Ditching any expensive jewelry, she settled on Oxidized silver earrings and some metal bangles in the same shade. The earrings chimed as she wore them and shook her head a little, genuinely smiling at her reflection. Taking a small Bindi, placed it in the middle of her eyebrows and the nuptial chain.

She was halfway done wearing it when her hair tangled with the hook, making her hiss loudly at the pull on her nape.

She fumbled with the chain, untying the thing to remove her hair but it worsened.

She sighed as her arms ached and there was no way she could look behind and untangle her hair. She needed help.

Begrudgingly, she called out the name of the person she shared this room with, knowing he was waiting for her outside. "Anirudh"