22) Lost

"Look at my fingers

"Look at my fingers."

She ordered from behind the camera, making him roll his eyes at her bossiness.

Begrudgingly, he followed with a small sigh.

"How long?" Anirudh questioned between the clicks.

"Some more." She lowered the camera and answered cheekily. Her smile crossed through her eyes and he forgot his irritation with this gruesome session that she was pushing him through for the past 2 hours.

"We have plans, Vandita." He reminded and her smile dropped a little, which she soon covered with her camera and instructed him some more as she shot portraits for her assignment. He was a year senior but somehow, he was mesmerized by this brown-eyed firecracker.

"Look at this." She gushed happily. "None will know what hit him when he sees this handsome face was snagged by me for the photoshoot. I feel so happy."

"They know that you have snagged the man too, V." Sakshi, her batchmate commented from the corner in the rented studio place where this shoot was taking place.

Vandita's eyes dimmed at the mention as she shared a look with her.

"Okay, Guys. I need water. I will be back in a minute." She sheepishly excused and made her way out mumbling "Or never."

"Are these enough?" He asked getting comfortable on the settee they used before.

She hummed surfing through the clicks. "They will do."

He nodded with a smile seeing her satisfied. "So, let's leave? Everyone is waiting to see you."

"About that." Vandita gulped averting her eyes from her as she adjusted the curtains before closing the window lids. "I think I can't. I am not ready."

"The dinner?" He frowned and stood up covering the distance between them.

She nodded with a pensive frown. "This is too much, Anirudh. We are hurrying into it."

"Why are you so tensed? It is nothing we cannot cancel." He cupped her face and smiled assuring her, "My family just wanted to see the girl I keep talking about. Nothing else. This is not meeting the parents, Vandita. Don't worry."

"I can't do this." She shook her head making his hold drop. She stepped back and exhaled. "This, between us is going too fast. I can't cope with it."

"We can slow down?" Anirudh was clueless at her burst. He had witnessed her happy and socializing at almost every point but today he couldn't identify the girl as his girlfriend for the past years. "I don't understand the problem here."

"You are the problem here, Anirudh." She snapped, almost yelling that made him step back feeling hurt. "How long have we known each other? Sixteen months?"