Chapter Twenty Two

James Potter - 1977
I woke up to the sound of Sirius sleep-talking. I groaned as I covered my ears with my pillow, which didn't seem to help one bit. I slowly stood up and made my way to the wall and put my ear up to it - listening to what he was mumbling out.

"Please, don't hurt him."

I quickly realized that he was having a bad dream, just as he did for the past 3 years. I carefully opened my curtain and made my way to the next bed over, opening his curtain as quiet as I could.

"Sirius, wake up." I shook his body. "Sirius, it's only a dream, wake up!" I whisper-yelled. Sirius shot up, colliding his head with mine. I groaned as I rubbed my forehead, as did he.

"Sorry about that, mate." He whispered.

"You're alright, was it your parents again?"

"That's all it ever is, unfortunately." He sighed.

"I'm sorry, Sirius."

"I didn't mean to wake you, I'll try to keep myself together." He sighed, wiping some sweat off his head with the back of his hand.

"Are you sure?" I blinked. "Yeah, thanks James."

"Anything for you, Padfoot." I smiled lightly.

"Padfoot?" A woman's voice echoed around the room.

Eudora Potter
I was awoken from my slumber when I heard a hushed conversation from across the hall. I groaned as I tried ignoring it, only for it to get somewhat louder. I huffed as I looked to my clock.

3:12am.

You've got to be bloody kidding me. I threw my sheets back, and slid on my slippers. I opened my bedroom door as I wrapped my red and gold silk robe around myself as the cool breeze from the dark hallway swarmed around me. It always got cold in the Potter Manor at night, but not like this. Matter of fact, this didn't seem like The Manor, It looked like - as I could remember - the Gryffindor Common Room.

I tip-toed to the hushed whispers. As I got closer, they could be heard from the boys' room.

What could this idiot possibly be doing this late at night?

I slowly and carefully creaked the door open, as It was only cracked when I first took notice of the whispers.

"Anything for you, Padfoot." I heard James' voice.

"Padfoot?" I asked. "What's a Padfoot?" I made myself known. Why did my voice seem different? and why was my hair red? Why am I so pale?

As if they were caught doing something horrible, they sat and stared at me.

"Why're you both looking at me as If I was Dumbledore being pitched off the Astronomy Tower and died?" I folded my arms.

Sirius choked while trying to clear his throat, avoiding eye contact. James only stared at the floor, as If he was contemplating on pitching himself off the Astronomy Tower.

"Is nobody going to answer me?" I stared. James and Sirius looked to each other, as If they were communicating telepathically.

"We wanna show you something, that we should've showed you a while ago.." James spoke.

"..But you have to promise you won't tell, or freak out." Sirius cut him off.

"Alright, you're scaring me." I chuckled lightly. "Shut the door." James commanded, and for some reason - I obliged.

"Is someone gonna tell me what's going on, or am I just gonna stand here forever?" I shifted my weight onto my left foot.

Suddenly, James and Sirius began stripping.

"Woah, okay. No thank you, what's happening? This is something I've definitely not signed up for." I covered my eyes immediately.

Silence.

"Potter? Black?" I peeked my eye open slightly, only for me to see a ... Blur?

"What. The. Fuck." I stood, eyes wide opened.