Chapter Seven

Ravenclaw Tower
Girls Dormitory
September 2nd, 1972

I opened my eyes, only to be met with the bright rays from the sun, pity I have the bed closest to the window. I huffed as I stared at the ceiling of my bed, the nice thing about being sorted into Ravenclaw, is the small plastic enchanted stars that're stuck to the ceiling of my bed. I came to my senses, sitting up fast. It's my first full day at Hogwarts, I picked up my alarm clock, reading it as 6:26AM. I should probably start getting ready for the day. I leaned over my bed, my feet hitting the hard cold floor of Ravenclaw Tower. I grabbed my showering equipment and head to the showers.

---

Feeling refreshed from my morning shower, I dried my hair with a quick drying spell my mother has always used after she'd wash my hair for me when I was just a little toddler. Good thing about coming from a Pureblood family, Is picking up on a few spells here and there before even attending a Wizarding School. I quickly throw on some tan tights, my white button up shirt, and tuck it into my grey skirt. I quickly learn to put on my tie, throw on my black dolly heels and grab my Ravenclaw robe, and exit the dormitory before any of the other girls wake up.

By the time I was ready and leaving Ravenclaw Tower, I had some extra time to take a walk around Hogwarts, exploring every hall I could until breakfast would start. I somehow made it to the opposite side of Hogwarts, away from my common room. I leaned over the open window, breathing in the crisp morning air.

"You're an early bird also, I see." Regulus spoke out of nowhere as he stood next to me.

"Oh Merlin!" I gasped, startled by his unknown presence.

"Sorry about that, didn't mean to scare you, Eddie." Regulus smirked at the nickname he's given me.

"Ha, Ha." I rolled my eyes at his cockyness. "Indeed I am a early bird, just the same as you. How're you enjoying your time here? Enjoying Slytherin?" I asked.

"Not as exciting as I thought It would be, honestly. Quite cold down there as I say so myself." He shook his head.

"Where's the Slytherin Chamber located at?" I furrowed my eyebrows, interested in what he's got to say.

"Unfornately, the 'Chambers' is located in the dunegeons. The common room itself is under The Black Lake."

"Yeesh. I thought my dormitory was cold." I let out a small giggle, my breath visible from the cold air, the sun now starting to be visible over the towers. "Shall we continue to breakfast? Hopefully they have toast." I spoke quietly.

"After you, M'lady." Regulus bowed down to me holding his arm out towards the direction of The Great Hall.

--
The Great Hall
James Potter

Myself, Sirius, Peter and Remus all made our way to The Great Hall for breakfast, my stomach rumbling.

"Ugh, I'm starving. I could eat a whole stag right now." Sirius complained, Bloody hell It was only 7:12am - And this kid was already complaining.

"It's been 20 minutes since we've been up Sirius, I think we'd all appreciate it if you'd stop complaining." Remus rolled his eyes, as he spoke.

"Don't forget, 15 minutes of it was getting you up Sirius." Peter laughed as we all agreed, Sirius frowning.

"Say, how do you think your parents feel about Regulus getting into Slytherin, think he's a saint yet?" I teased.

" Wouldn't surprise me, my parents are pure evil." He sighed.

"You'll be alright mate, don't forget - you lot are always welcome at Potter Manor if anything happens." I reassured my friends, mostly Sirius.

"Oi, there's Regulus now - whose that girl he's with?" Remus tilted his head, curiously.

I began panicking, I managed to distract my friends while my sister was sorted into Ravenclaw, so they have no idea she exists.

"I seen her sitting with Regulus on the train ride over here, she's bloody gorgeous. It's unfortunate that she's a bloody git." Sirius snarled. I gagged a bit in my mouth, hearing Sirius hit on my sister when she's not even near makes me sick. I quickly turned to look at him, furrowing at the other words he spoke.

"Why do you say that?" I asked.

"Well I was being nice and said a quick hello to her, and kissed her hand when I introduced myself, something I picked up on from muggles. Only for her to call me insufferable and ignorant." He rolled his eyes while shaking his head.

"Well Sirius, it's not everyday that a random boy comes up to a girl and kisses their hand." Remus shrugged. "Majority of the time, when a guy does that to a woman - especially muggles - it's a meaning of saying goodbye to someone very important to them. Most married couples do it though."

"Oh, so was I in the wrong for doing what I did?" Sirius asked.

"Yes." All of us boys said together.

"Well, that explains it. I'm still not going to apologize to her since she's called me mean names. A real man doesn't apologize." Sirius spoke, a finger in the air as if he was mocking someone.

We all ignored him as we walked into the hall, the smell of fresh waffles, delicious maple syrup and buttered pancakes hit out each of our noses.

"Eh, who cares. I'm starving, I hope they have toast." I prayed to merlin as we sat at Gryffindor Table.

--
Eudora Potter

I took a seat at Slytherin table with Regulus, considering there was only a collect few awake for breakfast right now, might as well take advantage of it and sit with my only true friend at the moment. I took a piece of toast and buttered it, taking a huge bite of the warm bread. Sadly, my delicious toast was knocked out of my hand, onto the floor. I frowned, as I just wanted my breakfast. I turned to look at my attacker, and once again - It was the boy Regulus and I spoke to on the train. I huffed in annoyance.

"How can we help you this - once was - fine morning." Regulus mumbled.

"Once was? What happened to make it so horrible?" He asked.

"You came over here." I spoke loud and clear. Sirius looked offended, as he dramatically placed his hand over his heart, gasping very loud. "How rude! Who hurt you?" He placed a hand on both of our shoulders. "I'm just joking, I couldn't care less who hurt your feelings, what was your name again? I'm afraid I forgot. Anyways, I still don't care. After all, I'm insufferable and ignorant." He mocked.

"What do you want, Sirius?" Regulus turned to look at his brother just as I was about to make a come back with a snarky comment myself. I looked up over at Gryffindor Table to see my brother with the same two friends I seen him with yesterday during the sorting ceremony. Why hasn't he came and spoke to me yet? I wondered, a bit taken aback. Though I am the one who avoided him after the sorting.

"Just came to see my Reggie boy and bid him and his very not-so-lovely lady friend a good morning." He beamed. As if we read each other's mind, Regulus and I rolled our eyes and turned away from Sirius.

Thankfully, The boy gave up and walked away, not even bothering to see where he was retreating too, I turned to Regulus.

"Reggie? Can I please call you that instead of Reg!" I clasped my hands together, as if I were a peasant begging to their master.

"Automatically a no." Regulus tutted, returning to his breakfast pastries.

"Awh." I rested my head in my elbows. "I feel the need to cry, since my beloved toast is not being gobbled up by the floor. That boy is so annoying. I'd pitch him off the astronomy tower if it was possible." I rested my chin in the palm of my hand, sighing as I stared at my empty plate.

"My apologies, Eddie." Regulus laughed.