Chapter Nine

Eudora Potter

Eudora Potter

"Hey! I'm talking to you!" I snatched my brothers robe, turning him to face me. I may be a Ravenclaw, but that doesn't mean I won't defend myself in public.

"Eudora, I said leave it." James spat to me.

Unfornately, one of James' friends came to his rescue.

"Remus Lupin." He stuck his hand out to me. I looked up at the older boy, being met with kind, warm chocolate colored eyes, and boy were they beautiful. I was taken aback, he was talking to me. A beautiful boy such as him - was talking to me. His slightly discolored but yet beautiful crooked scar across his face standing out to me.

I blinked awkwardly at the four boys. Only to be met with Regulus' acquaintance. Then it clicked. This is Sirius Orion Black, best pals with my brother James. The same boy who's been trying to make my stay here as miserable as it can be.

I lightly took Remus' hand and shook it, not wanting to be rude.

"And I'm Peter Pettigrew, this is-"

"Black." I spoke in a monotone voice. "We've met before." I pursed my lips.

"You've met Sirius? How?" James furrowed his brows.

"Well I know an insufferable girl when I see one." I tilted my head, eyes locked on Sirius.

"You know her?" Sirius barked at James - his eyebrows almost touching his hairline - as he was pointing at me.

"Of course I know her, She's my sister." James crossed his arms, his disgustingly long curly hair falling over his glasses, only for him to blow the strands away.

If I had a camera, the picture I'd have would be hilarious. All three boys eyes are wide open, jaws slightly open. Sirius' head completely stuck out way over his chest.

"Okay, let me let me rephrase this, You're related to this thing?" Sirius almost gagged.

"I think we've came to terms that James and her are related, Sirius." Lupin spoke.

"I unfortunately am related to James. I'm Eudora Potter. It's nice to finally meet the boys who James never stops talking about, except for you - Black. I wish I could obliviate you from my mind." I pushed his sweaty finger out of my face, quickly wiping my hand onto my robes. I quickly turned on my heel to avoid the boys' now fuming red face.

"Don't think you're safe from this argument, James. We may be in different houses, but you forget that back at home, your room is right down the hall from mine." I pointed in his face.

"Good day, boys." I nodded my head towards them. Somehow, Sirius' face got more red. I believe I even seen his left eye twitch.

I clutched my bag, and quickly left to get to potions on time.

--
Potions Class

I took a seat in the back, all my potion equipment laid out on my desk. I felt a presence to my right, revealing a very beautiful girl. Skin the color of a beautiful carmel, hair as brown as freshly cut wood.

"Hello, Eudora Potter." I flashed a smile to her, noticing her Gryffindor tie.

"Mary Macdonald." She smiled at me. "You said Potter? As in James Potter?" She questioned.

"Unfornately, Yes. He's my older brother, he's also in Gryffindor." I nodded.

"Oh trust me, I know he's in Gryffindor. Hard to not acknowledge him as all he does is make himself known as he always introduces the fact he's entered the Gryffindor Tower Common Room." She giggled.

"Yep, sounds like James." I giggled. "I pray for all you Gryffindors, I don't know how you all deal with him." I shook my head.

"You'd be surprised at how many Gryffindors actually enjoy his presence. Although, there's this red-head girl that absolutely loathes him, I believe her name is Lily. Sweet girl of course, just not phased by the Potter charm." She smiled.

"Good, I don't know how he does it." I giggled as class started.

"Good Morning, students! I'm Professor Slughorn, and I'll be your potions master here at Hogwarts. Please open your books to page 3." Slughorn beamed with excitement. This was going to be a very long year.