Chapter Five

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and WizardySeptember 1st, 1972

September 1st, 1972

Regulus Black
I can't help myself but stare at her, she's gorgeous. I stood up, offering Eudora my hand, as we finally arrived to Hogwarts. My face felt warm when she flashed her smile at me, thanking me for being "Such a gentleman." Her hair is like a river, it flows so beautiful but yet so effortlessly, having no destination, just being free. If the color red was a scent, she'd smell like red. Mysterious, like a spicy cinnamon, or a tangy ripe strawberry, or even the sweet allure of a blooming rose in the winter. If only it were possible. I snap out of my thoughts as we start getting off the train, Eudora rambling on about how excited she was, I couldn't hear her words, but her voice was soft, and yet so elegant. I smile as she continues talking.

Suddenly, a voice interrupts my thoughts, as a huge man - almost as if he were a giant - starts yelling. "Firs'-years' This way! C'mon you lot! Firs'-years' this way!" His voice boomed. Of course, he went by the name of Rubeus Hagrid. Sirius spoiled a lot of Hogwarts, when I made the biggest mistake of asking what It was like, and what to expect. He left out one detail though, he never told me to expect meeting such a gorgeous girl, and thankfully she was my new friend.

Eudora Potter
I knew Regulus wasn't listening to me, but he still let me ramble on. He's such a sweetheart, a shame Sirius seems to just talk to him in whatever tone. I could tell he would be a problem to me this year, His name sounded so familiar - but I couldn't quite put a finger on where I've heard it. I shrugged off my thoughts as we got in these tiny wooden boats, which seem to be bewitched with magic, as me and Regulus and were joined with two other students.

The boy held his hands out to us, as he made himself known. "Felix Mclaggen, you lot are?"

"Eudora Potter"

"Regulus Black" we spoke at the same time.

"Nice to meet you all. You are?" He turned to the girl to his left.

"Alice Fortescue." She squeaked. "What houses are you lot wanting to get sorted into? I myself want to either be in Gryffindor, or maybe Ravenclaw - though I don't think I'm quite that smart." He spoke to himself.

"I'd like to be in Gryffindor with my older brother. My family has been in Gryffindor for as long as I could remember. Centuries." I smiled, proudly.

"Same case as her, just mine is Slytherin." He nodded, once again going silent. I took a mental note to ask him about It later.

"I'd like to be in Hufflepuff, I believe I'm as sweet as a human can get. Though I could see myself getting into Gryffindor - maybe." She yelped as our boat hit the staircase to the school, not even realizing how close we were to arriving.

We all stood up in awe, Regulus giving me a helping hand, pulling me up from the boat, along with Alice. Unfortunately for Felix, he ended up slipping his foot into the lake, loosing his shoe along the way. We all carefully walked up which felt like a million steps, we finally made it to very big wooden doors. Hagrid grunted as he pushed them open. To reveal a tall, black-haired witch in emerald-green robes stood there. She had a very serious face. "The firs'-years, Professor McGonagall" said Hagrid. "Thank you, Hagrid." She pulled the door wide. The Entrance Hall was so big, I felt I could fit 40 Hagrid's in it. We trotted after McGonagall across the cold stone floor. "The rest of the school must already be here" I whispered to Regulus.

"Welcome to Hogwarts," said the tall witch. "The start-of-term banquet will begin shortly, but before you take your seats in the Great Hall, you will be sorted into your houses. The Sorting is a very important ceremony because, while you are here, your house will be your family within these walls. Now, the four houses are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin. Each house has its own history - which has produced outstanding wizards and witches. Let's get started, shall we?" She clapped her hands together.

"Uh, pardon me ma'am, what should we call you?" Felix asked.

"Professor McGonagall, Head of Gryffindor House." She smiled without teeth, tucking her chin into her chest. "Now that there's no more questions, let's go!" She beamed, as we all followed her into which I know as - The Great Hall - 'Hogwarts: A History' really did a number on me.