Chapter Four

Hogwarts ExpressSeptember 1st, 1972

Hogwarts Express
September 1st, 1972

Eudora Potter
I wandered down the long hall, looking for an empty compartment to hide into until we arrived to Hogwarts. I was searching for what felt like an hour for me, I came across a compartment with a familiar brunette sitting inside.

I knocked on the closed compartment door, as I slid it open just a smidge. "Hey, Regulus right?" I spoke, as we made eye contact.

"Oh, it's you. Yes, It's Regulus." He looked up from his book.

"Mind if I join you? everywhere else is full." I shuffled my feet awkwardly.

"Of course, besides you're the only person I could probably tolerate currently." He let out a small hushed laugh as he held his hand out to the empty seat across from him.

"Thank you." I shut the door behind me, taking the seat across from Regulus. "So, what're you reading?" I asked.

"Just my potions book I got at Flourish and Blotts, I assume you have the same as It's for first years." He spoke softly.

"You're probably correct." I sat back against the seat. I took a look out the window, as we past the large green hills, finally at peace with the thought of not being able to see my parents until christmas break, when suddenly the compartment door slams open, revealing a boy who looks very similar to Regulus, only he was wearing a red and gold tie - a Gryffindor tie to be exact - He had darker hair, darker eyes, but a bright smile.

"Make sure to owl father when you get sorted- " The boy kept rambling on, until he noticed me. "Who's this Regulus?" The boy asked, staring into my eyes. Lord was he gorgeous, but yet immature.

"Eudora, meet my older brother, Sirius." Regulus rolled his eyes. Sirius came further into the compartment, as he took my hand and leaving a small peck onto my hand - throwing me off guard.

"Sirius Black, at your service gorgeous." He flashed his bright smile at me. I suddenly smiled awkwardly, and pulled my hand out of his quicker than you can say Quidditch.

"Eudora, nice to meet you Black. Is it a habit?" I asked, pursing my lips, while eyeing Regulus as a sign of help - thankfully he noticed and but unfortunately didn't take action.

"Pardon?" Sirius asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Being an insufferable ignorant little boy who thinks he has the right to touch a girl without their permission? It's quite disgusting."

"Excuse you-" He snarled, only to be cut off. I rolled my eyes.

"Will do Sirius, now go away. I'm sure your little cult is missing you." Regulus sighed, raising his eyebrows towards his brother.

Sirius threw me a dirty look, and slammed the compartment door shut.

"Sorry about that, Eudora. He doesn't know his manners, unfortunately. He gets in trouble a lot at home because of his lack in respect. Always has an attitude." Regulus rambles on.

"It's alright, no worry." I smiled. Sirius sounded very familiar to me, but I couldn't quite place my finger on it.

"Well, we best get changed into our robes, would you like to get changed first?" He offered.

"You go ahead, you were here first anywho." I smiled, standing up and standing in the Hogwarts Express hallway.

A few minutes later, Regulus open the compartment door, us switching places to change into our neutral colored robes. The classic black and grey. Iconic how Regulus' last name is Black - just as the same of our robes. Anyways, moving on. I opened the compartment door, letting Regulus back in. When he sat down, he seemed... Nervous?

"Are you alright, Reg? Is that alright, if I call you Reg?" I asked.

"I'm alright, just nervous." He let out an awkward laugh - I think that's what it was?

"I don't mind if you call me Reg, as long as I can call you Eddie." He smirked.

"Deal." I held my hand out for him to shake.

"Deal." He shook my hand.