24 - The Start

**STARLA POV**

Steve was back, Steve remembered, and he was mine once again. He was going to have to figure out how to tell Ross, but we didn't have time to talk about it after he showed up last night. We spent the night wrapped in each other's arms and in a tangle of limbs. I called off work in the middle of the night so I could spend the day recovering and with Steve.   

I felt him wrap his arms around me a little tighter and he groaned in his sleep.

"Don't leave me today..." He mumbled and I gave a small giggle.

"I won't be, I called off last night once you fell asleep." I said rolling over to face him.

"I'm going to need you today. I have to go after Ross, and I need you by my side." Steve said and I nodded.

"I will be with you through thick and thin Rogers." I said as he leaned in and passionately kissed me.

"I have another plan for today that might be kind of wild and crazy, but do you think you could go along with it, with me?" Steve asked and I smiled.

"I would follow you anywhere Rogers." I said and he smiled.

"Well why don't we shower and get started with the day and what I have planned." Steve said and I nodded as we got out of bed and joined each other in the shower.

^~^~^

Steve and I were standing outside the office of the Justice of the Peace waiting for Nat, Bucky, Pepper and Tony to arrive. I wore a simple light blue sundress with a white shrug and Steve was just wearing dress slacks and a light blue button-up shirt with a black tie.

"Hey! What is going on?" Nat asked walking up to us as hugs and handshakes were all exchanged.

"We wanted you guys to come and be here to watch Steve and I get married." I said and they looked at me like I was crazy.

"What?!" Nat and Pepper panicked.

"Okay listen, Steve got his memory back last night. We know we don't want another day to go by without having each other." I said and everyone smiled.

"Not that I want to be the bad news guy here but what about Ross?" Tony asked and Steve sighed.

"Starla and I have that all worked out and we will tell you guys the plans once we are married." Steve explained. Before anything else could be said the door to the office opened and the Judge stuck his head out.

"Are you ready?" He asked Steve and I. Steve took my hand and I smiled as we walked into the office with Nat, Bucky, Pepper and Tony following.

We stood in front of the judge as he went through the typical marriage speech, but I was just standing holding Steve's hands and looking at him smiled.

"Do you have your own vows?" He asked and we nodded.

"We do." Steve said and the judge motioned for him to continue. "Starla, when I first saw you, I had no clue who you were and could only sketch your face. You were in my dreams, and I thought I would never find you. Then I showed up to your class to talk to them. I found you, you found me, and we knew it was meant to be. We hit many snags along the way, and we weren't sure what to follow but I just got you back and I will never be leaving you again. I vow to honor you, love you, support you, be there for you in sickness and health, till death. You're my dream girl and my life Starla, I love you." Steve said placing the simple diamond band on my finger. I didn't want anything too extravagant, and that ring spoke to me in the store. My eyes filled with tears as Steve spoke and they slowly started to fall as the ring was placed on my finger. Steve reached up and gently used his thumb to wipe them away.

The Judge then looked at me and gave a small nod. "Steve, I never saw your face in my dreams, and I thought I was just crazy to even be dreaming of this man and seeing my whole life with him. Things have changed drastically from the dreams, and we made our own lives, destiny and futures. We have had people try to interfere in our lives and get in the way, but we always found a way back to each other Steve and I couldn't imagine my life without you. I also vow to honor you, love you, support you, be there for you in sickness and health, till death. You're my forever future Steve, I love you." I said and took the simple gold band we got for him, and I slipped it on his finger, a perfect fit. I smiled at Steve and the Judge looked at our guests.

"Do we have any objections to this union?" He asked and they all shook their heads. I smiled at everyone there. "Well with no objections, rings and vows exchanged, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss your bride." The Judge said. Steve leaned in and placed a hand on my cheek. We smiled at each other as he leaned in and passionately kissed me as everyone clapped. Once we broke apart, we looked at everyone and gave hugs, even taking a couple pictures with everyone.

When we left the courthouse, we went out with everyone to lunch. As we were leaving lunch, we were standing on the sidewalk outside the restaurant.

"So, what's the plan about Ross? You on the way to talk to him now?" Tony asked. Steve took ahold of my hand. We knew this was it, it was time.

"We aren't going back to the compound or even my house." I said and everyone looked at us oddly.

"Did you already find some place to move?" Bucky asked and Steve half nodded.

"We did and once we get settled, we will let you guys know on a secure line where we are. We are going to run. Ross won't let me keep this with Starla. He wants the perfect Captain America, and I can't be that anymore. I want to have a family and my life. This is the only way, we are going to run." Steve explained and everyone looked at us in shock but then Tony smiled with a nod.

"I think it's the best plan. I will miss you guys, but you deserve a life Cap." Tony said, and he hugged us both. Bucky and Nat walked up to us and hugged. Bucky looked at Steve.

"You treat her right and be good to each other." Bucky said to Steve and then to both of us.

"We love you all so much, but this is what we need to do to be together." I said and everyone nodded in agreement.

"Just promise to try and stay in touch." Pepper asked as we hugged her.

"Of course. Keep us updated on Morgan and if any other Starks come along." I said and Pepper laughed.

"Same goes for you with any little Rogers' make an appearance." Tony said and I laughed as Steve walked behind me, wrapping his arms around my midsection.

"Oh, I plan on them making an appearance." Steve said and then gave my neck a quick kiss. We all laughed. I looked at our friends and sighed.

"Tell everyone we said bye?" I asked and they nodded.

"We will." Bucky said. Steve and I gave everyone one last hug and some tears started to slowly fall as we walked away to the car we were taking and leaving at the airport, not caring what happened to it after that.

This was the start of our new lives together...wherever we ended up.