16 - Back Home

Steve and I hadn't left the bed much, he wasn't lying about that aspect when he told me we wouldn't be. Although as it was starting to get to be early in the evening before dinner I suggested we get out of bed and actually do something. When we finally got out of bed to explore outside and take a small hike his cellphone started ringing in his pocket.

"I thought we didn't have service out here..." I groaned and Steve sighed. He pulled out his phone and groaned.

"What Tony?" Steve asked. I just groaned as Steve stopped walking.

"Hey, I was wondering when you would be back..." Tony trailed off. Steve had put it on speaker phone.

"I don't really know. Even when we leave here I may not come right back." Steve said winking at me and I smiled.

"Can't stay away Rogers." I whispered and he smiled.

"Am I needed back?" Steve asked. "I may be away from civilization but I haven't heard of any kind of attack." Steve added.

"No, nothing like that. Um...Ross is here and is wanting to have a meeting." Tony said and I looked at Steve concerned.

"Well tell Ross he can ether come talk to me when I get back or he can just deal with me not being there." Steve said and I smiled.

"Rogers, you are under direct orders to get back to headquarters immediately. Your girlfriend does not outrank me and me needing you here for a meeting." Ross barked through the phone. Steve just groaned and pinched the bridge of his nose. I started walking back towards the cabin and Steve grabbed my hand stopping me. I just looked at him.

"With all do respect Secretary Ross, I really don't care what you need. I'm on vacation with my girlfriend. I'm allowed to go away for the time being as long as there is no threat. I don't believe you requesting a meeting is a matter of life and death." Steve said and pulled me flush against his front and I smiled up at him.

"Rogers this is an order." Ross said but Steve just hung up.

"Shouldn't you worry about getting back? I don't want to get you in trouble Steve." I said and he shook his head.

"Starla, Its fine and I'm here with you, nothing will change that. I'm not going back early. What is he going to do...fire Captain America?" Steve asked and we both gave a small laugh. Steve then leaned down and passionately kissed me.

"Now I think we need to talk about what you said about when you would be back to the compound. You may not go back to the compound? Where do you think you will go?" I asked and Steve wrapped his arms around my waist and I smiled.

"Well I don't know, I was thinking maybe I would stay with my girlfriend for a little bit." Steve said and I smiled and acted like I was thinking.

"I mean I guess you could have my guest room." I giggled as he gripped me tighter and moved a hand down to my ass and swatted.

"I don't want the guest room Starla, I will be in your bed." Steve said and I moaned as I felt him growing hard in the sweatpants.

"You in my bed could be dangerous Steve. I mean will we ever sleep?" I asked and he shook his head.

"I don't plan on it." Steve growled and leaned down passionately kissing me.

***

It was Sunday morning and time for us to leave the treehouse and I didn't want to admit I didn't want to leave.

"Hey, you okay?" Steve asked as I packed up.

"Yeah, I'll miss this place." I said and Steve nodded.

"Yeah but we can come back eventually. I plan on trying to have plenty of trips with you Starla." Steve said and I sighed but shook my head, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"I don't need plenty of trips Steve just give me you and me and I don't care if we stay home and shut off our phones." I said and Steve smiled with a nod giving me a small kiss.

We finished packing and cleaning up. As we got in the truck to leave Steve's cellphone when off again nd he groaned.

"Looks like I will be having to go to the compound once we get back." Steve said.

"Well if you don't have time to drop me off just take me to the compound and I can get a ride from there." I said and Steve shook his head.

"No, I can take you home first." Steve said and I smiled. "Or you could come hang out at the compound..." Steve trailed off and I groaned.

"I would love to Steve but I have work tomorrow. I need to get ready for it." I said and Steve sighed.

"I always forget you have to go to work." Steve said and I laughed.

"Not all of us can only work if aliens attack New York." I said and Steve laughed and shook his head.

"Very true, then I will get you home." Steve said and I nodded.

The rest of the ride was silent, not that we didn't want to talk but we were just enjoy this last little bit of time together. As we arrived at my house Steve was shocked to see Nat already sitting on my porch waiting.

"What the heck?" I asked and Steve sighed. He got out of his truck and then opened my door. Once I was out of the truck and he grabbed my bag, we walked hand and hand to the front door.

"You here to being me in?" Steve asked.

"I am, we weren't sure if you would bring her home first or not but they had me stay here just to check." Nat said.

"Nat, come on. I was coming back to the compound I just had to bring Starla home." Steve said.

"Ross is waiting for you. He wanted to make sure you came home." Nat said.

"The compound is not my home, not anymore." Steve said and looked at me and smiled.

"What?" Nat asked.

"Steve is moving in with me. We don't have a full plan yet but I'm assuming soon." I said and he nodded.

"Well good luck with getting it approved." Nat said and Steve rolled his eyes.

"I'm not a hostage Nat." Steve said and she just sighed.

"Listen, I said I would be here if you came here first to tell you to get to the compound and I did that." Nat said. She gave me a small smile and walked away. Once she drove off Steve looked at me and sighed.

"You better go." I said and he groaned. He leaned in and passionately kissed me. Before the kiss could get too deep Steve broke apart. He leaned his forehead on mine.

"I will call you when I can." Steve said and I nodded.

"Sounds good. Thank you for this weekend." I said and he smiled. He gave me one more kiss and I watched him walk to his truck and drive off. I couldn't help the knot in the pit of my stomach that something was going to happen.