11 - Dinner & Dancing

Steve had text me and told me he would pick me up from my house at 7pm. I was finishing up freshening up when he knocked on the door. I smiled when I opened the door seeing him in a button up and dress slacks.

"Looking good Rogers." I said and he laughed shaking his head.

"You always look good." Steve said grabbing my hand, pulling me gently to him and passionately kissing me.

"How was your day?" Steve asked as I closed the door and we headed to his car.

"Busy, we had a teachers meetin11g before and after school, the kids were in rare form, and it was just a day." I said and Steve sighed.

"And the dream didn't help..." Steve said, and I nodded.

"No, but that was actually in the back of my mind after today." I said as he got in the car, we both gave a small laugh as he pulled out of the driveway, and we headed down the street.

"Where are we going?" I asked as Steve took ahold of my hand.

"Dinner and dancing." Steve said and I smiled.

Dinner and dancing! Wow...didn't know Captain America could dance." I said.

"I technically can't but I'm willing to try with you." Steve said and I smiled as we drove in silence to the restaurant. Once we got in and sat down, we quickly ordered. As we were waiting for our food Steve reached a hand across the table and I smiled taking it.

"How was your day?" I asked.

"Meh, just worked out with Bucky and that was about it." Steve said and I smiled.

"No missions coming up?" I asked and he shrugged.

"We don't know until things happen." Steve said and I nodded.

"True...getting used to you not having a 9 to 5 job." I said and he smiled.

"So what were your meetings about today?" Steve asked and I groaned.

"Well one was about budget cuts at the schools. Which we already knew were coming, things are already stretched thin but now they are getting worse." I said and Steve sighed.

"Is there anything you guys can do?" Steve asked and I shrugged.

"We have done fundraisers and everything trying to raise money, but money is tight everywhere." I said and Steve sighed. "What?" I asked.

"What about Tony?" Steve asked and I shook my head confused.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Tony has more money than he knows what to do with. What if you talked to him about it? Maybe he could give a donation or something to the school. I mean unfortunately he would most likely want the school renamed after him but a small price to pay." Steve said with a smirk, and I shook my head.

"No Steve...I will not go to a man I barely know as ask for money for my school to bail us out of trouble." I said.

"Okay so what if I, being the perfect boyfriend who doesn't like seeing my girlfriend stressed, bring it up in front of Tony just to see what happens?" Steve suggested and I sighed.

"I can't make you do anything Steve, I mean you are the captain. I just don't want him to look at me or the school as a charity case." I said and Steve sighed.

"He won't, he loves helping. Let me just talk to him for you, okay?" Steve said and I nodded.

"Okay..." I said and gave a small smile as our food came. We ate in a comfortable silence. Once we were done Steve stood up and then reached for my hand.

"I think it's time I try to twirl you around the dance floor." Steve said and I laughed as I took his hand, and we got up.

"Try?" I asked as we walked to the dance area.

"I told you I can't dance." Steve said and I smiled. Once we got to the dance floor Steve twirled me up to him, flush against him. I took his one hand and placed my other on his shoulder as his hand went to the small of my back and I smiled up at him.

"Well, you do have some moves." I said and he chuckled. He leaned down and gave me a small kiss. I then sighed once we broke apart.

"So, I don't really know much about you Steve. I mean I know the life of Captain America and Steve Rogers that the museum and the media had told us but who are you really?" I asked. I smiled at how it sounded.

"What do you want to know?" Steve asked and I shrugged.

"I mean normal things. Favorite food, color, book all the normal boring stuff." I said and Steve smiled at me.

"Well color would be blue, book is Wizard of Oz and favorite food anything really from this time. Food back in my time was not the greatest." Steve said and I gave a small laugh.

"Wizard of Oz is a great book." I said and Steve smiled.

"Now what about you?" Steve asked.

"What? All the same?" I asked and he nodded. "Well food is basically anything but mostly Mexican and Italian. Favorite book would be Pride and Prejudice." I said and Steve smiled at me.

"And color?" Steve asked and I sighed.

"Well, it's not really a color..." I said and he looked at me oddly.

"Okay, well what is it?" Steve asked.

"Glitter or sparkle..." I said and Steve laughed.

"Really?" Steve asked and I nodded.

"Heck yeah, I mean come on, it's the best." I said and Steve smiled.

"Well now I know anything with glitter makes you happy." Steve said and I laughed with a small nod.

"Yeah, pretty much." I said. Steve took this chance while we were dancing and spun me around again and then pulled me back to him to dip me. I laughed when he brought me back up.

"Oh, you can't dance at all." I said sarcastically and he just shrugged.

"Like you previously stated, I have some moves." Steve said and I smiled.

^~^~^

At the end of the night Steve took me home and walked me to my door.

"So when can I see you again?" Steve asked and I smiled.

"Well how about tomorrow morning when you wake up next to me..." I suggested and he groaned and pulled me close to him.

"I wish I could, but I actually do have something to do tomorrow morning." Steve said and I sighed.

"Well then, I guess I'll just have to sleep all alone then. Maybe I should get a dog to keep me company..." I trailed off and Steve laughed shaking his head. He leaned in and passionately kissed me.

"You wouldn't dare replace me with a dog, would you?" Steve asked when we broke apart. I just shrugged.

"Depends..." I said and he smiled.

"On?" Steve asked.

"You ever going to stay with me? I mean I have stayed at your place...well the compound." I said and he sighed.

"Soon, I promise." Steve said and I smiled.

"I'll take it." I said. Steve leaned down giving me a small kiss. He then took my keys from my hand and unlocked my door.

"Can I plan our next date? I promise it won't be in my bedroom..." I said and he laughed.

"The date is all up to you." Steve said and I smiled.

"Perfect. I will let you know." I said and Steve smiled. He released me from his hold.

"Good night, Starla." Steve said.

"Good night, Captain." I said and he walked off the porch and got in his car. I closed my front door once I was inside and just fell against it.

Not following dreams at all was working out perfectly.