01 | Continuing the end.

| VIKRAM |

Bhaiya. He entered the terminal, I sighed and cast a glance at my feet. The speedy scooty ride left my legs trembling; the adrenaline hasn't quite settled. While lost in staring at my shoes, a peculiar sound, resembling a distressed monkey, reached my ears. Ah, but it was just my sister in tears. I wonder what's troubling her this time.

I turned my gaze towards her, "He... he really left us," she cried. My attention shifted to the other monkey, Reshmi, who was also sniffling. It caught me off guard-what am I supposed to do, join in the tears?

"Are you both incredibly stupid or just a bit out there?" I questioned, feeling a bit exasperated by their actions. Thanks to these two, I had to sneak out with my scooter without informing mom, not to mention dealing with this police situation! I can already predict a fiery lecture from mom heading my way.

They shot me a glance before resuming their tears. I shrugged my shoulders, then shifted my gaze to the police standing with Prem Bhaiya. Thank goodness he's here to handle everything; otherwise, I would have been in serious trouble.

Spotting his signal, I nodded and walked toward him. I won't deny it; fear crept in. It's my first encounter with the police. "Ji Bhaiya?" I stood tall in front of him, attempting to appear composed, but my trembling hands gave away my nerves.

"Uh, Vikram! Don't worry; I've spoken to them, and they'll safely deliver your scooter to your home," he assured. I released the breath I had been holding.

"Thank you bhaiya!"

The policeman gave me a stern look, "You're a minor, that's why I'm letting you off, but avoid stunts. Remember to wear your helmet for safety, not just because it's a rule," he advised. He handed out a warning, and I simply nodded with an awkward smile. Well, what else could I do?

"Sorry, sir. I promise I won't do it again," I assured before handing over the key to my scooty.

"Good. Tell me your address."

After providing all the necessary details, I glanced at Bhaiya, who was already looking my way. "I'll drop you all home," he offered, turning his attention towards Kiara and Reshmi.

"Bhaiya, I'll go alone..." Reshmi stated, and for some reason, every time she speaks, it seems like trouble or something strange is about to unfold for me. Seriously, just wait and see!

"No, it's late. Vikram, you drop her home, and I'll take Kiara with me." See? I've been saying, Reshmi always seems to bring some kind of misfortune my way.

I smiled at Prem Bhaiya and nodded before turning towards Reshmi, Chandramukhi. She shot me a look before rolling her eyes-can you believe it? Oh my goodness. I'll... I'll... I'll figure out how to deal with her later.

As we walked out of the airport, the first sight that greeted me was my beloved scooter, burdened by the weight of two stout constables. Oh, my Laila!

Thanks to Kiara, bandariya! I just hope mom returns home late. I really don't want her to find out about what happened today.

"Vikram, here," Bhaiya handed me some money before heading off with Kiara. I glanced at the money, then back at Reshmi, who was already strolling away.

"Hey, wait for me!"

I jogged towards her, matching her pace, "If you wanted to go alone, you could have just told Bhaiya-"

"I did tell him."

"Yeah! Yeah! Whatever!"

As we strolled along the footpath in silence, the lack of conversation felt like my mouth was clogged up with junk. Finally, unable to bear the quiet any longer, I decided to break it. "Where do you live?"