Chapter 14: Return to Matsyarajya(with Abhimanyu)

Having got exactly what he wanted, Duryodhan soon left, excited to tell his uncle of his success and Arjuni's foolishness

Having got exactly what he wanted, Duryodhan soon left, excited to tell his uncle of his success and Arjuni's foolishness. Thereafter, Arjuni and Krishna were left alone. There was silence for some moments. Arjuni sat down on the swing, yawning. She didn't get any sleep last night. And she was really hungry too.

Krishna went behind the swing, towards a small table. Arjuni didn't notice it before. Krishna took a bowl from the table which contained maakhan (butter). He took some out of the bowl and brought his hand in front of her mouth.

She blushed and gently licked it off his hands. Every. Single. Bit. Krishna's ears and neck got red but he didn't say anything. After eating together, Arjuni had bits of maakhan smeared around her mouth. She was happily still reminiscing the taste of it, her eyes closed in delight. Krishna smirked, and licked them of her mouth and lips really suddenly. She froze, blushing crimson.

"Madhav..?" He just smiled charmingly at her. She pressed her lips together, eyes widened. Why did Madhav suddenly look so charming today? Was the sun playing tricks on her? Krishna seemed to have read her thoughts as he grinned cheekily and put his hands above her head, on one of the poles of the swing, she backed up a little, gulping and blushing. The room was suddenly too hot.

Krishna never knew what a turn-on maakhan could be before he saw his wife's butter smeared mouth today. "How about we go now?" He smiled at her again, removing his hands from above her. His eyes still had a mischievous glint. Arjuni blinked and and nodded slowly. Krishna grinned mischievously again at her. Then they left for Matsyarajya.

_________________________________________

Krishna and Arjuni were sitting together in Krishna's chariot, with Vikram tied to his chariot, while Abhimanyu was beside them, on his white horse.

At the path between the gates of the palace, when they reached half way and Abhimanyu dismounted his horse and stepped forward, a rekha of fire suddenly erupted, stopping Abhimanyu in his way. Arjuni narrowed her eyebrows in confusion while Krishna just smiled.

Everyone present there was surprised. Then suddenly Draupadi stepped forwards. "Before entering, tell me, who you really are." Abhimanyu reacted a little confused but introduced himself. "No. I already know that information. What i want to know is that who you are in truth." Arjuni finally understood and she stood up slowly. "Putra Abhi, she is not asking your identity that is already known. She is asking... something else." She smiled at her son.

Abhimanyu understood what she was asking. "I am...i am my mother's arrows. I will have to bathe in blood, but the glory will go to my mother." Arjuni was feeling a mix of emotions: surprise and happiness. "I am the shield of my family! I will stand before them in times of struggle and behind them in times of peace." Krishna and Arjuni glanced at Abhimanyu, proud and happy. "But first of all...i am my mother Arjuni's eyes' kohl. Each time there will be tears in her eyes, my whole existence will melt away."