Chapter 12: Abhimanyu

The Pandavas wanted to wage war, but Bhishma had stopped them

The Pandavas wanted to wage war, but Bhishma had stopped them. He did give them his blessings though. And then Draupadi decided the date for the war: Sixteenth day of the Karthika Poornima (right? Correct me if i am wrong.)

The three, Dusshasan, Duryodhan and Shakuni, were going to Dwarka to seek Balram's help.

They reached the beach. They saw two figures, one was tall and the other was even taller. They were walking together.

The three were watching them from a distance. "Are you sure they would help us? Last time we were insulted gravely by them in the Rajsuya yajna." Dusshasan asks Shakuni. "Sometimes, the ties of tears are more powerful then the ties of blood. Use your tears...to tie...them!" Shakuni pointed at those tall figures. Then they went to the beach.

The two tall figures, who were Krishna and Balaram, were walking towards them. Shakuni was giggling and chuckling and as soon they came, he stopped.

Duryodhan touched Balaram's feet and Balaram and Krishna just gave neutral reactions. "Greetings Gurudev." "Bless you." Balaram glared at him.

"Beloved Duryodhan, the entire Aryavart is talking about you." Duryodhan looked away. "However, it would have pleased me more had this talk been about your prowess in mace fighting." His glare became colder. "Greetings Gandharaj. Welcome."

"Greetings Mahabali Shree Balaram! Vasudev." Shakuni looked at Krishna and joined his palms. Krishna gave a look of distaste at him and folded his palms at him. "Let's go." Balaram said and they started walking together.

"You have given my Beloved Duryodhan a lot of things, Mahabali Shree Balaram." Shakuni started. Balaram just smirked. "You have given him the knowledge of warfare, gave him respect, gave him love, but you didn't show him the path to joy and contentment. This is why we have came to Dwarka."

"Joy and contentment are paths themselves, Gandhar raj. The path to joy leads to struggle and the path to contentment leads to peace." Duryodhan and Shakuni looked away. "Where does the Yuvraj wish to go?" Krishna grinned.

Suddenly soldiers surrounded them, in a chakravyuha formation. The three that csme from Hastinapur were looking here and there, and took out their weapons.

"What is happening here, Vasudev?" Krishna just shook his head a little with a questioning look. "This is the Narayani Sena of Dwarka, Gandhar raj! They are just making a chakravyuha on the sea shore. And right now...you right at it's center, as a captive."

Balaram and Krishna shared smirks. Shakuni looked around and then grinned mockingly. "But why Vasudev? We came here with the hope to forge a friendship! We didn't come here to fight!" Krishna and Balaram again shared smirks and grins.

Krishna indicated towards Shakuni with his head, again looking at the smirking Balaram, who was looking back at him. "Is the friendship forged during times of trouble not stronger, Gandhar raj?" Shakuni stopped smiling and looked at him pointedly.