Chapter 7: living in hiding and marriage(s)

After spending the whole week with each other, Arjuni got a letter to come to Varnavrat directly from Dwarka

After spending the whole week with each other, Arjuni got a letter to come to Varnavrat directly from Dwarka. She had to leave, sadly, and hugged the life out of her Madhav, making him laugh.

Krishna had a bad feeling of something happening in Varnavrat and warned her. Arjuni nodded and went on her way with her horse.

"I will send a note after i reach!" She shouted before leaving and went on her way. Krishna just chuckled and shook his head.

___________________________________________

Arjuni was suspicious of the place when she heard that it was lit by the moonlight at night. And at the day of the Pooja, Vidur had sent them a sack of grains, but with a mice in it.

After a few weeks, Arjuni saw something melting. And the mice, that was found in the sack, was also acting weird around Nakul, whosee presence calmed down animals, and was not eating the (poisoned) kheer. Bheem and Kunti were in the dining hall. Arjuni's eyes widened when she connected the dots and told Nakul to let the mouse go, which led them to the melting lac, which she had already seen.

They now found out that the house was to be set on fire that night. They rushed to the kitchen and Arjuni threw the kheer away from Bheem's hand that he was about to feed Kunti (Bheem is immune to any poison). They found the plan and started to find the way out.

But before they could, there was fire set everywhere. Arjuni had a backup plan already as she had payed heed to Madhav's advice and had a few worker dig a passage somewhere, in advance if anything happened. Their weapons were in another room so they just left their weapons there and escaped from the passage.

Purochan and all his workers and wife thought that the Pandavas had been burnt to death.

Bhishma reached there only to see the remains of the palace of lac and the Pandavas' weapons. He collected the weapons and had glimpses of everyone's faces and their memories together. He screamed in agony.

He reached Hastinapur with their weapons, holding the burnt black weapons in his ang vastra's white dupatta, tainting it black. All of Hastinapur was crying and mourning for their 'deaths'.

___________________________________________

The Pandavas and their mother Kunti were living in the forest. It had been a few days since the burning of the palace.

They had heard that the new daughter and son of Drupad, Draupadi and Drishtadyumna had emerged from the fire. The princess was said to be the second most beautiful in the world, only before Arjuni.

Her Bhrata Bheem had laughed at her and said "you look like a monkey and a pig's child!" The others had just laughed and Arjuni had chased him with a long log in her arms, screaming at him to get back there.

They had then entered a Mayavi forest after they tried to escape from Ashwatthama and his soldiers, fearing that he might find them out. Then they encountered Hidimbi, the sister of the king of the forest, Hidimb. She had come there to lure them for their food, but instead she fell in love with Bheem and warned them about all her brother's plans and how he wanted them to be their food.