Chapter 1: a failed birthday....

Today was Arjuni's Birthday

Today was Arjuni's Birthday. Bheem had promised her that he will carry her on his shoulders the whole day and the others will spent the whole day with her.

Their father had gone to get flowers for her birthday Pooja, and took chhoti maa Madri with him. Kunti was making kheer in the kitchen.

She collected many peacock feathers today with her Jyesht Bhrata Yudi and Bhrata Bheem. Nakul and Sahadev making flower crowns for them and collecting fruits.

She wanted the smaller peacock feathers to make a wristband by sewing them together with the big mesmerizing, beautiful one she got on the day of her birth. Yes she still kept it, she thought that it was connected to her in one or another way, and no way was her feeling ever incorrect.

She was playing with her brothers, still sitting on Bheem's shoulders. She had made the wristband and it looked stunning, and she was wearing it.

It had been three hours since their father had left with their mother Madri. Sahadev felt an intuition and he excused himself, and informed Kunti that he felt that something bad had happened to their father. Kunti, knowing his intuition is never wrong, rushed towards her beloved husband. And the sight that awaited her was so horrible, she screamed in horror and shock and fainted. The Pandava siblings heard her scream. They all rushed to the spot from where they heard the scream and saw she was fainted. They sprinkled water on her to wake her up.

"Maa, what happened!?" Yudisthir asks her.

Kunti cries out "your father has left us forever, my children...he will never come back now."

W-what? What do you mean he's never coming back..? Maa, you don't mean he is... She understood what she was meaning to say and cried for many hours straight, tear strains on her cheeks.

I asked for a birthday present in which i don't get snatched of the things i already had...Is this the gift that i get on my birthday? It's alright. I will accept anything given to me from you. It's completely fine... she broke down, after her thought, on her Jyesht Bhrata's lap, while he carresed her hair, silent tears were shed by everyone.
____________________

Krishna, who was reading his soul mate's thoughts, grimaced at her thoughts. I am sorry Parthavi...if only i could write destiny, there would only be happiness in it for you...
____________________

Then on the day of her father's antim sanskar, Madri blamed herself for her husband's death and jumped in the burning pyre, giving up her life. Arjuni tried to stop her but was held protectively by Bheem.

From that day, she decided she will never shed tears nor express happiness. It was understandable, as she was the most affected by his death.

The elder brothers were horrified by the light in her eyes dissappeared, but they couldn't do anything about it. They saw their royal family members there. The family of Pandu was informed that they will now live in the palace.