1. Thank you for asking

"Wait, what do you mean you're a dragon?" Aura, the elf girl, hurried, but now she stopped to better look at the awkward figure who had been following her for a while, persistently talking to her. The realization that she was in the presence of a creature from her wildest fantasies sparked a deep curiosity within her.

"You can see it on my wings, but otherwise, I turn into a dragon at night..." He looked like a human, but he had large brown wings on his back.

Someone bumped into her from behind, and they collided. In the bustling market square of Narig, where life and business were equally vibrant, one couldn't just suddenly stop and maintain the apparent aimlessness of the crowd. Those who came from distant villages, like Aura herself, and wanted to admire the vast angel statue in the middle of the square had to reckon with being unable to stop looking around.

The elf girl also realized that it was impossible to converse in the crowd, and she was starting to feel hungry, so she headed toward the beer tents. She only saw one available table.

"I don't understand why you don't return to the one who transformed you. They surely can change you back!" she said, sitting down before anyone else could.

They didn't even notice that a red-bearded dwarf was sitting at the table, trying to indicate that it was occupied.

"It cost a lot to turn me into a human, but something went wrong because here I am with wings... I returned to her, but she's asking for double to change me back..." he squirmed uncomfortably. Somehow, his wings just wouldn't fit right. The orc sitting behind him was waving frantically to keep him away.

Now that she was seated, Aura looked up curiously at the statue. The angel stretched his hands towards the sky as if calling upon heavenly providence to help the city, which undoubtedly needed it. This stony gesture of upliftment filled the girl with admiration. The ancient temple proudly rose before the statue, its towers dignified guardians over the bustling market below.

She wondered how they managed to enter the temple because merchants were bustling even in front of the massive gate. In the loud noise, carpets and cloth were spread out, filled with valuable merchandise: dwarves with their precious gems and wrought iron products, while elves offered delicate magic spices and special herbs. The dark elves presented mysterious crystals and magical talismans, while the orcs sold giant swords and armor, expressing their strength and combat skills. Humans skillfully haggled and sold everything that came their way.

Lost in thought, she could only think that at least they had shade, then she turned to the half-human, half-dragon figure.

"I want to help you, but I've already said my magical powers are banned!"

„Aren't you banned from just healing?" 

"No, I can't use any magic for 21 days..." She placed her bag on the table and only then noticed the dwarf sitting next to her.

"Thanks for asking... the seat is taken, I'm waiting for someone, please don't sit here!" Tobi said these words rather nervously, his face completely flushed.

Both of them looked at the dwarf in astonishment.

"But you weren't here just now! Did you see someone here?" Dupe asked bewilderedly.

He looked at the elf girl questioningly, but she just shrugged because she could only focus on the medley of scents permeating the market. The tantalizing aroma of freshly baked bread, spices, and meats spread enticingly through the air, arousing everyone's interest and appetite.

Aura looked for a waiter but felt so hopeless that no one would come over; she thought going into the tavern and ordering would be better.

"Did you want anything? I'll go in instead."

"If the lady's asking, I wouldn't mind a beer!" Tobi said, giving up on driving these two away from the table.

The half-dragon also nodded in agreement, then turned to the dwarf.

"Aren't you a market dwarf? Why aren't you out there at the stalls selling something?"

Tobi seemed visibly offended and straightened up significantly before responding with a hint of anger:

"My friend, just because you see a dwarf, do you immediately think he's selling something? These stereotypes..."

Aura sighed heavily and sat down, "This is hopeless, I ordered, but I think we'll grow old here; the service is so slow..."

"Do you know what a stereo... uh, thing is?" Dupe asked, struggling to pronounce the word.

"Stereotype... but never mind, let it go. Anyway, I'm on a mission. I'm waiting for someone to bring me news, so I have to ask you to leave!" the dwarf tried again, hoping they would leave him alone.

"She just ordered you a beer! What an ungrateful..."

Both of them glared at the dwarf angrily.

"All right, but I must speak with him privately when Sessom arrives. You understand, right?" Tobi whispered Sessom's name, leaning closer to them, then glanced around to ensure no one heard them.

"You're waiting for Sessom? I know him; he's with the royal guards. I can't say we're good friends, but I know him. He's a bit of an arrogant type, isn't he? But surely it's because he works for the king. What mission are you on? It must be related to the king! Can you take us with you? We'd gladly help you with anything; I'm short on cash and could use reward money."

"Us? Did I say I wanted to go anywhere with you?" Aura objected.

"You need to be near me so when your punishment expires, you can turn me back."

Tobi scanned the crowd for a figure: "There he is!" he said, raising his hand to wave at Sessom as much as possible.

The young man was tall, his light brown hair shining amidst the crowd, and he was the type who people automatically made way for, the crowd involuntarily parting for him. Women looked at him longingly. Aura couldn't decide if she was seeing things right; she shook her head disapprovingly, wondering how he could do such a thing, how he crossed the crowd so effortlessly.

Sessom approached them with light steps, greeting them with a charming smile.

The massive crowd in the market seemed to pause momentarily, then its seemingly aimless bustle continued.