37.

||Monie||

"Yeah, yeah... I already told you I'm okay. It's been months. I'm still speaking, and taking care of myself." I say to my therapist, Dr. Clemont, over the phone.

"As your therapist, it's important for me to ask about these things. Seeing as how you can't come in person, I suggest we start doing zoom calls. I feel like I'm not reaching you well over the phone." She says.

"I think you're reaching me just fine."

"It's either zoom call or we can get you a therapist out there in Chicago." She says.

"You know I can't talk about it to anybody else! Please don't find someone else for me!"

"Zoom call it is." She says.

I sigh. "Alright."

"Glad we could agree. I'll email you a zoom link and I'll speak to you next week." She says.

"Talk to you later..."

Call Ended...

"Was that Dr. Clemont?" Mere said walking in the kitchen and going through the fridge.

"Yup."

"We have to zoom call now or else I'll have to find another therapist."

"Mmm." He said pulling outa container of grapes.

"I heard NaNa lil cousin teaching you to drive." He said popping a grape in his mouth.

"Yeah. He offered since you ain't have time."

"Thank him for me." He said popping more in his mouth.

"I will."

"So..." He started to say.

"So?"

"Yall got some goin on?" He asked.

"Huh? No. Lawan asked me the same shit?"

"He did?" He questioned.

"Yeah."

"He still with that lil lightskin girl?" He asked me.

"Nahh. She cheated on him."

"But they still kinda cool."

"You think they gon get back together?" He asked.

"You being really nosey right now."

"Well damn I can't ask?" He said.

I chuckled.

"I don't really know what he gon do."

"You think you'd feel a type of way if they got back together?" He asked.

I gave him a confused look.