24.

||Daeja||

FaceTiming Kaylaaa...

"I loveeee how Omar been treating me lately. That make up sex be the bestttt."

I shake my head.

"Y'all some else."

"He be like 'I'm sorry I let that bitch come in between us." She said makin a deep voice.

"Speaking of her-."

"I still don't think you should've done all that to her but..."

"But?" She questioned.

"I just don't understand why after all this stuff about her going around, he still close with her. Hell even closer now."

"He still messing with her???"

"I don't know if they messing with each other, but it makes me uneasy."

"Go through his phone then. I think he messing with her, but go through his phone to be sure." She said.

I twisted my lips.

What if I find something that I don't wanna see ?

***

I ended up calling him over my house. I told him we needed to talk.

He pulled up, got out the car and walked to the door, where I was standing.

"Wassup D? What we need to talk about ?" He asked looking a bit concerned.

"Let's go to my room."

We make it to my room and I close the door. I sat on the bed and take a deep breath.

"You okay?" He asked.

"Yeah..."

"So wassup? What you need to talk to me about?"

"So..." An anxiety knot formed in my stomach.

"Um.."

"It's about Monie.."

"Okay..." He said.

"Do you..are y'all like..."

I found it hard to ask the question.

"Are we what?" He questioned.

"You okay?"

"Yeah. Yeah I'm okay." I cleared my throat.

"You don't have feelings for her or anything right?"

His eyes opened in shock.

"Of course not. Why would you think that?" He asked.

"It's just...you know you just got so close to her. You be at her house as much as you be at mine. Even after all that stuff she did, you still closer than ever."

"She didn't do nun of that stuff for real. I think it was Kayla's jealous ass. And is that why you been a little weird with her?"

"Yes it is..." I said dropping my head.

He grabbed my face and made me look him in the eyes.

"You don't have to worry about nothing like that. Me and her click as friends and that's it." He said.

"Really?" I asked him with tears forming in my eyes.

"Really. I love you. I'm in love with you." He wiped my tears away with his thumb.

"I love you too." I said.

"Anytime you feel uncomfortable with something with her just tell me." He said hugging me.

"Okay.." I said hugging him back and closing my eyes.

"Do you want me to distance myself from her?" He asked.

I noticed he tensed up a bit when he asked that.

"No...no it's fine. You don't have to do that. I believe you."

He relaxed.

"Okay." He said.

"Can you spend the night?" I asked him.

"Yeah." He said.

***

I woke up in the middle of the night with Lawan beside me. I here a phone buz on the nightstand. I look over and seen it was Lawan's phone. I thought about grabbing it. I tried to resist the urge to but I ended up giving in.

I grabbed the phone and sat on the floor beside the bed. I unlocked it and went straight to his messages. I felt a lil bad but I just had to be sure.

I seen the name "Monie(FL)🩷" and clicked on it.

What is FL?

I went through the messages and seen nun out of the ordinary. I sighed in relief.

I seen another contact "Big bro". Had to be Jamal. I wanted to put the phone down, but something told me I should look, so I did.

At first, I seen nothing. I was again relieved. My heart dropped when I seen Monie's name mentioned.

I started reading the ones about her. The one I hated to see the most read was this:

I mean shi..Monie my first love.
Ofc imma try to be in her life.

My heart dropped and tears fell from my eyes.

He told me nothing was going on but what is this ?

I sat there, on the side of the bed, crying for awhile. Once I stopped. I put the phone back and went to the living room. I slept on the couch that night.

***
I didn't eat that morning. I asked Lawan to leave without telling him why. He was texting me a lot after he left but I wasn't really answering em for real.

I just kept thinking about that text. It made me sick. I know I had my suspicions, but I didn't think I would actually find something. I guess Kayla was right after all.

That realization made me feel like shit.

What do I do now? I don't even know.

______________________________________

Publish Date: July 1st, 2023

Word Count: 831