25.

||Christmas Morning||

||Lawan||

I been going back and forth with Daeja all morning about coming over for Christmas. She been distant since that day she asked about me and Monie. I did my best to reassure her, but maybe that wasn't enough.

"Boy, ya look stressed." My ma said.

"Cuz I am."

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"It's Daeja."

"She not coming ova nomo?" She asked.

"Yeah..."

"Why not? Y'all fighting?" She asked.

"Not really but kinda. Ion kno man."

"She been distant lately."

"Do you know why?" She asked.

"Maybe."

"I guess she was worried about me cheating on her with a friend of mine. I reassured her as best as I could but I guess not enough. I asked if she wanted me to cut her off but she said no."

"Well..did u cheat ?" She asked me.

I looked at her with a look that said be fr.

"Did you?" She asked again.

"No, Ma. Im not even on that."

"I love Daeja. A lot."

"I just don't know how to make her feel that."

"Well why don't you ask her?" She asked me.

"Because everything turns into an argument."

"Try anyway." She said.

||Monie||

I'm sitting on the couch eating my breakfast I made watching Christmas movies on Netflix. Mere and I don't celebrate Christmas so this is my lil celebration I guess. India n dem tried to invite me to their festivities but I declined. Ion really feel like being around allat.

After eating my breakfast and cleaning up, I went up to my bedroom. I sat on my bed and let out a sigh while looking around my room. My eyes lock on my closet door. I walk over to it and slide it open. I look all the way through the back, take out a box and open it. Inside it was old photos that I liked looking at whenever I missed my parents. I could look at them for hours and that's exactly what I did.

***

After looking at the photos for I don't know how long, I started walking around the house out of boredom.

"Ughhh."

I don't know what the fuck to doooooo

"Maybe I should try watching that Cory nigga Lawan always telling me about."

Just then I got a call from Lawan himself.