32.

||Mere||

"So what I'm looking at here?"

"Finally got the footage of around when she got stabbed. Look here." Jamal said pointing.

"There's Monie and there's them." He said.

I look at what he's pointing at.

He stops when the people get in front of Monie. He zoomed in on their faces.

"Dumb bitches ain't even wear a mask."

I recognize a familiar face.

"Holon zoom in on that one."

"You recognize her?" He asked.

"Yeah...that girl go to Monie school. That's the bitch she fought..."

"Well shit." He said.

I'm a bit relieved honestly. I had promised Monie that we could stay at least until she finished school, but if we found that it was somebody else, I would've immediately packed our shit up.

"So what now?" Jamal asked.

"Now...we get somebody to watch her movements."

"Where Zach at?"

"He got sent home early for getting in to it with another nigga." Jamal said.

"Call him up. I want him to watch her."

"Ight." Jamal said.

||Monie||

I sit down at my table in the lounge and begin to eat my lunch. Not long after Lawan, Rell, and India join me. Not long after that, Woo, Mika, and Chiyah stepped in.

I look up at them with a blank expression.

"I owe you an apology." Mika spoke up first.

I raised my eyebrow.

Lawan must have told them.

"My cousin said that she did get the information from Daeja and Kayla. I should've heard you out first. That was wrong. I'm sorry." She said.

I didn't say anything. I just looked at her.

Woo spoke next.

"It bogus as hell for us to assume some shit just because somebody else said it. Even more wrong for us to not even hear you out. You were right. You haven't been here that long. Nobody  knows anything about you besides Lawan." He said.

"So...I'm sorry for real." He said.

I stayed quiet again.

"I don't know what's going on with Daeja, but I'm sorry on her behalf." Chiyah said.

"And on your behalf?"

"I did what I thought was right. I'm not sorry for that." She said.

"Then why are you here?"