The midnight sun

"Alastor! My sweetheart, how was your first day as the new radio host?" Her voice is just as caring and loving as I can remember, and the smell of home fills my nose... her perfume, and the wonderful homemade Jambalaya... I look at her and before I can say anything, everything feels like a blur, a painful noise fills my ears and my vision gets foggy, The next thing I know I see her in my arms... dead... not this again...

"Mom?...'
...
"MOM?..."

"Mom... please..."

No matter how hard I tried... I couldn't take away my smile... then I looked up and saw him...

F̸a̸t̸h̸e̸r̸

Alastor woke up with wide eyes and a shaky breath, even his shadow looked a little worried, Alastor rubbed his eyes as he sat up and looked at the time... 3:47 AM... Alastor didn't want to fall asleep again... not after another nightmare... Alastor turned on his night light before getting out of bed to get a cup of coffee down at the main lobby, he opened the door and noticed light coming from the gap between the door and Lucifer's door, Alastor ignored it and merged with the shadows as he came to the main lobby and could right away scrunch his nose and squint his eyes... the smell of apple pie filled the air as Alastor sighed, Lucifer was baking midnight apple pie...

He sighed but kept his smile as he walked into the kitchen and started to boil a kettle with water while he set his 'Oh Deer' mug on the counter he started to put coffee powder in the mug before pouring the boiling water into the mug before placing the kettle back on the stove as he mixed the powder and water with a teaspoon, soon the smell of coffee took over the kitchen instead of the apple pie that was in the oven. Alastor set the teaspoon in the sink before noticing the front door was open... Alastor walked and peaked his head out and saw Lucifer standing there, admiring the midnight sky

"Can't sleep either?" Alastor asked as he walked over to stand beside Lucifer and he looked at the full moon, it was brighter than usual... Alastor blew on his coffee before taking a sip. "No... I had... never mind I just wanted some apple pie." Lucifer said as he looked at the moon

Alastor chuckled "Don't you worry about tonight..." Lucifer sighed "That's not the thing I'm worried about... you know when you miss someone and you don't know if you'll ever see them again?..." Lucifer asked softly as his eyes looked into Alastor's.

Alastor smiled softly as he spoke "Your Highness, I know how it feels... it's tough but sometimes there will be moments of grief and depression, but usually people can fight against it as long as they have others..." Alastor said before looking up at the bright moon, shining down on them both before Alastor started to hum a simple melody Alastor then turned and noticed the tall sculpture of Dazzle as a memorial after being killed during the extermination.

Suddenly a strong odor came from inside "Your Highness I think your apple pie is..." Alastor then saw Lucifer snap back into reality and run inside to check if the pie was okay, Alastor walked behind Lucifer and sipped on his coffee while watching Lucifer panic Alastor had his sadistic grin and saw how Lucifer pulled out the burnt pie "Fuck... I swear I had the right temperature-..." He looked at the oven to see what he set for the oven, he froze Lucifer then slowly turned his head and glared at Alastor "Did you turn the oven to 280⁰ Celsius!?-" Alastor could only reply with a sinister chuckle as he turned and walked away "Lovely seeing you, your Highness... I suppose I'll see that ugly duckling frown of yours at the party!~" Alastor said teasingly as Lucifer yelled back "You bitch! I'll make you regret this!"

And Alastor did... he couldn't do anything all night because Lucifer had decided to squeeze rubber ducks all night til morning just to piss Alastor off and it did, Alastor covered his ears with his hands and the duck noises became muffled... he looked stupid but what else could he do to avoid that stupid short blonde bitch.