part 10

***back to current events***

Yeonjun and you abandoned the race car as soon as possible, you couldn't have police following you. Well, they did anyways. It was quite critical.

"Come, we gotta hide somewhere as fast as possible.", he took your hand and immediately both started running into the darkness of the forest.

It was cold and freezing but the rush of adrenaline kept you warm.

Quickly after the police arrived at the diner you parked.

You kept looking back but the two of you kept on running, out of breath but you kept going, you couldn't stop just now.

It got darker and darker the more you kept running and so it got scarier and scarier but you didn't mind - as long as you were with Yeonjun, nothing and no one could stop you.

You looked back once again but then stopped, making your boyfriend confused: "Why are you stopping? We gotta-"

"Look.", you said out of breath and looked back and no flashlights were visible.

"Wait, they're not out here as well?", he tilted his head.

"Don't police always use flashlights once they enter dark territory?"

"Yes, usually."

"Does that mean they thought we took another route or took another car?"

"Probably. But let's go, we can't stop now. We actually gotta get somewhere to get a car though."

"Right.", you agreed and so, you still kept running, you tried to stay as close to lights as possible. In the distance you could see the city lights.

Eventually you made it to the next service stop.

"Okay, let's use the bathrooms real quick but then we gotta go, okay?"

"Yes. I really have to go.", you kinda chuckled and he did too, so you walked towards the building. Quietly you entered the ladies room and looked around. Okay, luckily no one else was in here.
So, you went into a stall and locked the door. You sat down and took a breath.

Suddenly someone entered the restroom as well, making you kind of nervous but you just thought it could be Yeonjun since he was faster.

After you were done, you left the stall and immediately faced an unknown old man's face.

You let out a scream since you weren't expecting that.

"Hmm, what's a young lady like you doing out here all by herself?", he tilted his head and checked you out, making you feel disgusted and annoyed and extremely nervous. He let you through to wash your hands but stayed next to you, looking at you.

Okay, just breathe... you tried your best to stay calm. As long as he wasn't doing anything, you were fine but this situation could go wrong any second now...

You dried your hands and slowly turned around and he was just about to say something, then he got hit with baseball bat. You screamed but as you saw your boyfriend, you gasped out of relief but as you saw the man's body on the floor, panic rushed in.

"Fuck... is he...?"

"I don't think so... probably just unconscious... let's go...!", he took your hand and pulled you outside. There he stopped and held your hands. "Baby... are you okay? Did he do anything physical?"

You shook your head and took a breath: "No, he didn't... I'm as okay as I can be... but thank you for saving me, baby..."

"Of course, I'm here to protect you, my love.", he gave you a peck on the lips and then you two made your way to a car Yeonjun found.