Seventy-Nine

Atira was quiet after they left the clinic, silently praying that she had leftover tissue and not a new pregnancy. She loved Gabriel more than life itself but was not in any way, shape, or form ready for another baby or pregnancy.

"You want to go eat?" Krist asked, setting Gabriel's car seat in the base.

"No, I'm not very hungry," she replied.

"Should we stop by my Mom's?"

"I really just want to go home and take a nap." She told him. He attempted to hug her but was swatted away, "Krist, no, just no."

Krist quietly stepped away, opening the driver's side door and slipping into his seat. He glanced into the rearview to get a peek at Atira, she had Gabriel's tiny hand in her's a single tear rolled down her cheek.

"Baby, it's gonna be ok, whatever the outcome is," he told her glancing over his shoulder at her.

She didn't look at him, "Krist, I don't want to be pregnant. I am content having Gabriel and Rocco for now."

He chewed his lower lip, "I know, baby, but if you are, I'm here to help. I'm even gonna be a whole ass, stay-at dad."

Daggers may as well have shot from her eyes, "I feel like you aren't listening, I don't want to be pregnant. At all."

Krist fell silent, putting the car into drive.

****

Brad and Madison met with Kali, Patrick, and their friend, Megan, who would be officiating the wedding. The small ceremony took place in an opening at Washington Park and lasted maybe five minutes.

Afterward, the group went to the Cheerful Tortoise to celebrate the newlyweds and their future.

****

Eleanor Walker made her grand debut at 6:22 P.M. She was born with a head full of hair, weighing a solid nine pounds even. Brooke had decided not to invite Brad to the birth after all, wanting to spend the special moment with Holly as they welcomed baby Eleanor into the world.

She intended on delaying the news to Kali who could, in turn, tell Brad.

****

Marisol frantically woke Nina around, tears rolling down her face. "Get your shoes on, we need to go down to Legacy Emmanuel."

Nina sat up groggily, "What? why?"

"Fernando was shot, he's in really bad shape and they aren't sure if he is going to make it."