Chapter 03- Parents Part One

Coming towards us are some of Iracebeth's elite guards, all of who scowl at us

Coming towards us are some of Iracebeth's elite guards, all of who scowl at us. My siblings, my grandfather and I can see Naruto shaking a little and radiating a soft black emotional aura. I pull my son gently close to me and use Empathy to manipulate the boys emotions to replace his fear by inducing calm and comfort. While I was at it, I project a field around us-calming the others as well. 

When Mal's eyes met with Iracebeth's guards, her smile changes as it became more forced. The guards continue to march until they stop, separate and divide into two lines to make way for Iracebeth of Crims. Despite being one of the shortest villains, her presence brought authority and dominance. She twirls her sceptre that is coated in dry blood. Not following behind is Maleficent, the Mistress of all Evil. She, along with Iracebeth, both co-rule the Isle of the Lost with iron fists; Anything they say goes and we cannot do anything against them.

Fortune smiles upon us however as Maleficent had become more compassionate these coming years ever since she was blessed with Mal. The dark faerie had become quite protective and like a second mother to me along with Evie's mother, Grimhilde.

"Hey mom." Mal said.

"Hey kiddo's." Maleficent greets with a smirk. She looks at Mal and nods in approval. The purple haired girl beams with pride as her mother acknowledges her evil deed. However...

"Stealing candy are we?" Iracebeth scoffs, "How lower class."

"It was from a baby." Mal said.

"And that makes it evil? Oh how pathetic you are." The former Queen of Hearts turns to me, "And I expected more from you Thirteen. You are nothing but a disgrace."

"Iracebeth. Always a pleasure seeing you." I said, keeping my composure with a forced smile. My eyes linger to the dry blood on her sceptre. My maternal instincts kicking in as the woman is parading her achievement of hurting my son with it.

"Ugh, I can't believe that you have my blood in you."

Neither can we. I hear the others around me think in unison. I ignore her comment as I focus on the mother with the child who Mal stole from.  I hand her a small bag of coins as compensation, something which made the woman tear up happily.

"Use this to treat yourself and your child." I said.

"Oh, thank you Isle Angel." The woman sniffled and bows to me, "You truly are a golden soul. We are unworthy of such kindness let alone be in your presence."

"You needn't bow to me. If I could help one in need, then its worth it." The child looks up at me, his eyes shine in the soft light in the sky.

"Thank you Isle Angel!"

"You're very welcome."

"Ugh." Iracebeth scoffs. She slams her sceptre down on the ground, "Begone peasants!" She barked. The woman looks at me and lowers her head for a moment before taking her child. The both scatter off.