thirty two

c/w

violence

blood

----

"Is it even worth it to go over all of this when we won't be here next week?" I mumble into my arms crossed on the library table beneath me. Armin and I had switched our study session to Wednesdays, as he thinks the best time to go over new material is the same day I received it.

"(Y/N), look at all of these notes, you have no idea what's going on in class right now." Armin says from beside me, bringing a hand up to rub my back.

"How am I supposed to focus when Annie's eyes are burning a hole the size of the moon into the back of my head?" I reply, immediately regretting it when Armin's body goes stiff beside me.

"I'm sorry."

"No, I shouldn't have said that." I say, pulling my head up from my arms. "Let's just get through today's notes, and then can we stop?"

"I mean, we can stop now and just go over it before your class when we get back." Armin replies as he pulls his hand away from my back and begins closing my notebook.

"Are you sure?" I ask, but I'm unable to hide my excitement at his words.

"Yeah. Honestly, I'm completely over school right now too." He answers, turning to me with a smile.

"Yay! Thank you so much!" I say, pressing a quick kiss to his cheek, forgetting we're in public. Armin's face immediately turns bright red, and he busies himself with packing his things in his bag.

-

"So, have you thought about what stores you wanna hit next Friday?" I ask as our conversation about his visit continues as we walk back to his dorm. The music playing quietly through the wire between us causes the butterflies to return like that first night he walked me home from work.

"Not really, I was kinda hoping you'd lead the way." Armin replies, squeezing my hand that's intertwined with his.

"You know I won't be buying anything." I say, giggling at his request. "But I am more than happy to lead you around the city."

"What if we hit the art museum too?"

"I'd love to, but I don't know if it's open on Friday." I answer, pulling out my phone to check.

"Dont worry about it, I'll look into it later." He says, and I sigh knowing that he's going to buy the tickets and not allow me to pay him back.

"Hey!" A loud voice from behind us causes me to turn my head, even though I might not be the intended recipient of the greeting. Upon seeing the person, I stop in my tracks and turn my body to face him defensively. The tug on Armin's arm as I stop causes him to turn around as well, and he immediately puts his body between mine and Floch's.

"What?" I snap from behind Armin's shoulder, still tightly clenching his hand.

"Thought you two weren't together?" Floch questions harshly as he takes a few slow steps toward Armin and I.

"Things change." I answer, tugging at Armin's hand to try to get him to continue walking with me. He complies, and we walk quickly in our original direction, listening closely for the footsteps behind us.

"Sounds pretty sketch to me." Floch comments as he walks behind us. "Armin, did you know that (Y/N) was supposed to go on a date with me, and then the next morning she was with another man instead?" I roll my eyes at the question, as Floch knows that it was just Connie disguising his voice nearly two months ago.