twenty four

----

I jolt awake at the sound of the door closing, then a soft thud on the ground. I pull my head away from Armin's back and look to the door, finding Sasha standing there with her hand over her mouth. I open my mouth in shock as well, and rack my mind for any words I can say, but she rushes out of the room before I can think of anything.

With a sigh, I bring my head down to the pillow, resting my forehead against Armin's back again. At some point in the night, we had shifted positions. I was now pressed against him from behind with my arm looped around his chest and my hand resting just below his neck.

My other arm was shoved under Armin's head, cushioned by the pillow. Armin's fingers were laced with my own outstretched arm, and he held my other arm to his chest tightly. Not that I was going anywhere. I lay there for a few minutes, letting my head move with the steady breaths that caused his body to rise and fall.

Sasha's appearance makes its way back into my mind, and I make an attempt to pull away from Armin to check my phone. He stirs, and groans in dismay as he allows me to pull my body away from his. I reach over him to grab my phone from my bedside table, glancing at the screen as he rolls over to face me.

sasha <3 > at connie's come over asap!!!!

I sigh heavily at Sasha's text, setting my phone back on the table.

"What's wrong?" Armin asks as I lay my head on the pillow in front of him.

"Nothing's wrong, but Sasha did just come in." I answer, looking into his eyes still clouded by sleep. I try to rub the sleep away from my own eyes, but my wrists are locked in Armin's grasp as he turns onto his back and pulls me onto his chest.

"I guess you'll have to explain then." Armin replies as he smooths down my hair.

"Yeah, I just hope she didn't tell anyone in the meantime." I say, fidgeting with the sleeve of his t-shirt. He must have taken his hoodie off at some point last night.

"Maybe I should head out so you can talk to her." Armin says, shifting his body under me.

"Just a few more minutes." I say, moving to press my head on his shoulder to keep him from getting up. "The first person she would tell is Connie, and he knows how to handle that."

"No objections here." He whispers with a kiss to my forehead, before settling back onto the pillows. We lay together in silence for a moment, listening to each other's breathing and watching the sunlight dance through the blinds.

"You still wear this?" Armin breaks the silence, pulling at the collar of his crewneck I still wore. My heart beat speeds up and my breathing becomes shallow, my face flushing in embarrassment.

"Yeah." I murmur, pressing my face into his shoulder.

"Nothing wrong with that. I just haven't seen you wear it in a while." He replies, and I twist my head to look at him.

"You can have it back if you'd like." I say, his blue hoodie on the floor at the edge of my vision.

"No, it's okay."

"Seriously, I've had it for long enough." I reply, sitting up to pull it off of my body, swearing as the t-shirt I had on underneath comes up as well. My face flushes at Armin's warm fingers grazing my stomach, anchoring my t-shirt so I can pull the crewneck off the rest of the way.

Once I do, Armin sits up to pull it on as I try to run my fingers through my hair. Once his head pops through the collar, I smile at his hair standing on all odds and ends.