twenty one

c/w 

alcohol use

----

Armin and I enter the dining hall a couple of minutes after three, having been lost in conversation and recollection of our time together, and him reading more of Frankenstein to me. We grab a small lunch, having already eaten, and make our way to our usual table in the corner that we had claimed around the beginning of October.

Eren, Sasha, and Jean all have their heads down on the table with untouched plates in front of them. Mikasa spots us and smiles, and I wave as we continue over. "You two are late." She says as we sit next to each other, and my face flares in a blush.

"We were reading in the park and lost track of time." Armin says quietly, not wanting to disturb the others with their heads down. We decided not to let our friends know about our kiss just yet, wanting to savor the private moment for as long as we can.

"Good on you. These bums clearly just rolled out of bed and trudged straight here." Connie says, gesturing to the others.

"Yeah, and?" Jean speaks as he raises his head slightly, glaring across the table at Connie.

"Nothing wrong with that." Connie says, throwing his hands up in surrender.

"I just need food and a nap and I'll be good for tonight." Sasha says, groaning as she raises her head to start picking at her food.

"Exactly." Jean adds, finding the courage to eat something as well.

"Is Eren, like, asleep?" I ask the table, and Marco nudges Eren, who gives no response.

"Yeah, should we wake him up?" Marco asks, looking at Eren.

"Probably, he needs to eat if he wants to make it out tonight." Armin says, tapping on Eren's shoulder as the rest of us flinch away. Eren is known for lashing out when he's woken up. Many breakfasts before classes have proved that point.

After a few moments of Armin tapping, then nudging, then shaking Eren, he finally stirs. "What?" Eren snaps as he tilts his head to Armin who immediately pulls his arm away.

"Are you making it out tonight?" Mikasa asks, taking Eren's attention away from Armin.

"Yeah, I plan to." Eren says, gaze softening at the sight of Mikasa.

"Then eat." She says, pushing his plate toward him.

"So, the rules." Connie starts, before pulling out his phone. "I have a few ideas."

"Go on." I say.

"We have to spend at least two hours at a party, and have two drinks at each party, excluding Marco of course." At this, Marco beams, grateful that he doesn't have to participate in our silly game.

"I think that if any party is missed, that's declared a drop out." I say, adding a rule. "If tonight is skipped, but you go tomorrow, that still counts."

"Harsh, I like it." Mikasa says, smirking. "All in favor, say 'aye!'" Causing everyone to chant in approval.

"So, tonight is Mina's party?" I ask Mikasa.

"Yeah, I think it'll be more chill than Reiner's. God, last night was packed." She answers.

"Thank goodness." Armin says from beside me.

"We could barely move last night." I add, grateful for a more relaxed night. With that, our table falls into a comfortable silence as we eat our food.

-