three

----

On Friday morning, I'm greeted by 87 messages from 'The Cadets.' I decide that I'll read through them on my way to class, and gather my things to head to the bathroom to get ready for the day. On my way there, I'm greeted by Connie and Jean, heading out for their first class.

"Good morning!" Connie nearly shouts, as Jean places his hands over his ears.

"Connie, it's way too early to be this energetic. Where the hell do you get it from?" Jean scolds, glaring at Connie.

"Your mom!" Connie says, before running past me with Jean chasing him, both of them throwing a wave over their shoulders. I send one back, even though I know they can't see me.

-

Later, I'm walking to class, reading the messages in the groupchat, getting about halfway through before giving up. It's mostly Jean and Eren arguing, starting lighthearted before escalating to Mikasa removing Eren from the chat. Just as I'm putting my phone in my pocket, it buzzes in my hand.

armin arlert> Hey, are you free before dinner tonight?

My heart beats faster as I wonder how I got his contact. Then I notice that he sent himself the song we were listening to last night. He must have done it while he had my phone. I start to think about my schedule for the day, deciding to accept whatever Armin has in mind. Even if my interest in him is silly, it couldn't hurt to get to know him a bit better and start a friendship.

me< yeah! my last class finishes up at 3 :)

armin arlert> Great, would you like to meet up at the library to go over your math homework?

me< sounds good i'll see u around 330?

armin arlert loved your message.

The blush is inching its way up my neck, and onto my face and finally I'm aware of the wide smile I'm wearing. I glance around me, irrationally worried that someone saw me, and tone my smile down as far as I can.

-

At the end of my first class, I'm packing up my laptop and notebook as two shadows fall over me. Looking up, there's a tall girl with short brown hair and freckles nearly glaring at me. Next to her is Historia Reiss.

"Hey (Y/N)! How have you been?" Historia asks, eyes and voice filled with kindness. Besides Sasha, she was the first friend I made last year when I started college. We had a lot of classes together in our first semester, but the following semester we had opposite schedules so we drifted apart.

"Historia! I've been really good lately. I'm sorry, I didn't realize you were in this class." I say, looking down in embarrassment as we've been in classes for three weeks now.

"Oh! I'm not, don't worry. This is Ymir, my girlfriend. She's in this class and recognized you, so I figured I'd come say hi." Historia says with a big smile.

"Hi, Ymir, it's nice to meet you." I say, looking towards the taller girl.

"Is this you?" Is all she says before turning her phone towards me. The video she shows me starts with Historia smiling at the camera, before zooming in on me chasing Jean, then tackling him. My eyes go wide in embarrassment, but I relax when I notice the chuckles coming from Ymir. "This was so totally sick. You took him down." She says.

"Yeah, the volleyball hit me in the face, then Jean kicked me in the face when he jumped over me. I won in the end though, so it's alright." I say, joining in on her laughter. "Can you please send me this?"