twenty

----

On Saturday morning, I wake up to a slight headache, but I'm grateful to feel no turning in my stomach. I figured I wouldn't be too hungover, having only one drink after my breakdown last night, as well as plenty of water. I'm assuming the headache is from lack of sleep, which is understandable as we didnt get home until 4am last night.

We stayed after the party cleared out to help clean up, and I understood the complaints of when the other's had to stay to clean up that first party I had been to. Vapes, random puddles, empty cups, and some other mysterious gunk littered the floors and tables of the house.

I roll over to check my phone, finding that it's around 10:30. I smile to myself, knowing I have time to shower and get myself together before we all meet at the dining hall at three to determine the rules of the Halloweekend dropout game. As I scroll through my social media, a text from Armin comes through.

armin arlert > Wanna meet at the park to talk?

Me < yeah, what time? i just woke up lol

armin arlert > Me too, is 12 good?

Me < sounds good to me :)

After our exchange, I find myself getting nervous to talk to him. It's not like I don't know what's going on, I just don't know the details of him and Annie's breakup. He might not even tell me anyways.

-

When I walk up to the park, I find it's completely empty besides Armin sitting in the same spot I had first met him in. The day is warm, with no stinging wind like we've had the past week, and I'm comfortable in sweatpants and a t-shirt. I'm surprised to find Armin wearing the same thing, thinking it's a bit too cold for his liking.

"No hoodie?" I ask as I sit in front of him, leaning over to try to see which book he's reading.

"Nah, it's nice today. I guess my body is getting used to the cold as well. How are you feeling?" Armin greets me as he reaches into his bag, handing me a bagel that he must have picked up this morning.

"Thank you, I haven't eaten yet today and I don't think I can wait until we meet the others." I say as I take a bite. He puts his book away, and waits for my answer to his question as I finish chewing. "I feel fine, honestly. I woke up with a headache, but I think it was just from lack of sleep. What about you?"

"Same here, I'm glad we stopped drinking when we did, otherwise we'd be demolished like the others. Eren was out cold when I left, and I imagine he's still asleep." He answers, and I smile.

"Same with Sasha, and I can't imagine how the others are doing. It would be so funny if we were the only ones to make it past night one." I say through chewing my food as I hold my hand to my mouth.

"I think Connie and Mikasa will be good. Obviously Marco will." Armin objects, and I start to wonder who will actually make their way to the dining hall in three hours.

Our conversation goes quiet, and Armin looks off to the side as I finish my bagel. I can tell he's trying to think of what to say, and I slow my eating to give him some more time. Occasionally his eyebrows scrunch up then relax, and the sides of his mouth pull down in a twitching frown.

"Why don't I start." I say as I finish chewing and crumple the wrapper of my bagel. He looks at me and nods, and I think of how to start. "So, let me tell you what happened first. After class on Wednesday, Annie pulled me aside and told me that you two used to date-"