prologue

"beyoncé i don't know what they're talking about." she did her best at pleading her case. deep down she knew she was in a fire that couldn't be put out. her heart thumped harder than before.

she kept her eyes on her wife, hoping and praying that it would be let go from there. but something told her that wouldn't happen.

"so you mean to tell me it's a lie?"

"y-yes."

"these pictures a lie too? the nigga in the picture a lie? we know it was a lie when you said you were going with the girls. it's only niggas in this!!" beyoncé yelled, standing from her spot on the edge of the bed.

onika jumped slightly. the roaring of the woman's voice flushing through her. she felt like a little kid. standing there at lost for words. it didn't occur to her that there would be picture proof.

but that should've been something she'd known. her name wasn't small, the whole world knew who she was.

"onika if you don't get to explaining."

"i-i don't know what to say."

"did you cheat on me?"

"no, i- i just went out with them and- and we had fun."

"what type of fun?" the blonde squinted her eyes. by now, she was standing face to face with her wife. her tall frame towering over the small one.

"we um...we had drinks and danced."

"so if i show you this other picture...it's gon be the same story?"

"i don't- i don't know."

a chuckle left her mouth. she looked at the picture, battling in her head on what to do. before approaching the situation she didn't think she would get lied to so much. it was bothering her in more ways than one.

"onika...." she said lowly. flipped the picture over, onika scanned it. seeing herself dancing on someone else. her life flashed before her eyes as she was grabbed. "you fucking with me."

"i'm sorry."

"ain't no fucking sorry onika, our whole life!"

the smoke could practically be seen coming out of beyoncés ears. she was hurt, upset, all of it. it felt like her whole life was pointless. the time she spent loving the only woman she ever loved.

she felt betrayed.

"i don't remember it."

"you don't remember it!? you got that drunk, you don't remember the shit you did with some niggas?!" beyoncé walked her to the corner, still with a grip on her arm.

"i know i didn't do anything with them bey-"

"how? didn't you just say you don't remember? you can't make me believe that after you just said..." she took a deep breath. nothing but anger flew through her body. at that moment she didn't know how to calm down. she knew she needed to. "you sat here and lied to me for two hours onika."