Chapter 68 (A & B)

Start from the beginning

It really can’t help but feel the… virile werebeast won’t be giving up so easily. Maybe when the host is asleep he will sneak into the room and… something something fait accompli.

Even if he can’t succeed at first, but he can perhaps break through the shell bit by bit until its host was used to him and eventually get roped into his scheme like a dum-dum.

The system is oh so very worried.

But the host does not heed its warnings at all. He just shuts his eyes and goes asleep immediately.

System “…”

It can’t be helped. To protect its host’s virginity, it has to be in charge of being the lookout.

It must protect its host.

This, is the resolve it has for a fellow fan of the romance epic anime ‘Stop Running Away You Bossy School Hunk’!

Yet, unfortunately for it, or rather, fortunately, nobody came in after that. The system, with big eyebags under its eyes, can even hear a snoring sound from outside the door.

It is in disbelief.

After that dumb dog decided to floor everything with its host and got rebuffed, it decided to give up like that and go back to sleep?!

And its host doesn’t seem the least bit fazed either.

The two people in question are both sleeping soundly while it, someone not directly related, is all wary and jumpy. What the heck?!

Nobody can answer the system’s grand questions.

Tomorrow morning, when Du You is up and washing his face, he realises the system has been quiet. In fact, it does not respond even when he calls out to it.

Is it having another one of those ‘beauty sleeps’ again? He so thinks.

As today is a weekend, Du You woke up later than usual. Normally the auntie wouldn’t try to wake him up either, and will have the breakfast made before leaving without disturbing him.

Going down the stairs, he can smell the food in the kitchen already. When Du You is about to walk inside, he can suddenly feel a strong wind blowing from behind him. He looks back to see a shadow rushing towards him.

“Morning!”

Du You extends his hand to receive the shadow and push it downwards. Ryan gets pushed down and adopts a sitting posture in the meantime, his tail waggling.

“Just now the auntie made a meal and then left,” Ryan reports with an energetic voice.

It seems that despite last night their relationship hasn’t changed in the slightest, neither moving forward nor even backwards.

As if it was actually just a casual remark.

Du You asks, “have you eaten yet?”

“I did,” Ryan licks his mouth, “a tasty broth.”

——It’s a nutritious congee the auntie specifically prepared for pets.

Du You walks into the kitchen and the food are still placed in their containers with lids on to keep it warm. If it really became cold, he just has to reheat them as well.

The auntie’s cooking is excellent as usual.

Although Ryan has finished his breakfast early, he is still following closely behind Du You, his eyes glued onto him.

“Here you go,” Du You thought he might still be hungry so he shares a bit of his food with him.

Ryan would, of course, not refuse food personally given to him by his lover. He starts wolfing down again.