Chapter 16

Du You nods, “Xiao Tiantian is leaving. I will be following him.”

Assistant Xiao appears spooked.

What? Her boss is leaving to chase after a ‘Xiao Tiantian’?

“…”

(Uploader: Bro, don't say word that others may misunderstand (ToT)

Speaking of which, who was Xiao Tiantian again?

Though our assistant Xiao has seen the person himself, she has yet to associate that person with a name. So she gloriously misunderstands thinking her boss has found someone new. Again.

As for Shen Chen himself, he appears to be frozen in place. Since he broke up with Bai Yue, he wanted to make up with Xiao Tiantian as soon as he could, but he’s been busy recently and hasn’t had the time.

What in the world, that man dare to keep him in the dark while he slipped away?

A new piece of jazz that is even more soothing than the last is played on stage, but it failed to calm Shen Chen’s emotions rumbling inside his chest.

The gathering is still ongoing, and he’s even scheduled to make a speech in ten minutes; Shen Chen finds himself unable to stay here for a moment longer, and turns to the door heading outside.

A few steps later, he comes back, “which airport?”

He quickly departs after getting an answer.

Du You watches as he disappears outside the door, and asks his assistant, “do you know what he wants to do?”

Assistant Xiao pushes her glasses calmly, “it would appear he is going to go after the plane.”

What?

Du You is genuinely shocked, and chases after him.

Why is he still going after Xiao Tiantian? He thought he made it clear enough the last time around.

Across the corner, he runs into Shen Chen arguing with his secretary.

“Mr. Shen. The gathering is beginning shortly. Can I ask where you are going right now?” Secretary Dong is blocking the man.

“Move.”

“This gathering is held by the Shen Conglomerate, and your father the chairman also stressed the importance of his event beforehand. Many industry representatives have made their way here, if you are absent, it will-, people will be sniggling behind our backs.”

“Are you ordering me?” Shen Chen furrows his brows.

“No, I don’t mean it that way.” The secretary looks like he’s on the verge of tears.

The chairman is still making his way here, along with his spouse. Worse, this little secretary here definitely didn’t have the power to stop CEO Shen from leaving.

When he looks around, he happens to see Du You, so he says expectantly, “Mr. Du…”

If his business partner is present, at least his boss should calm down a little, right?