Chapter 50

You Haoyu regains his calm and straightens himself hearing that. He takes a step back.

“Sorry,” he moves his gaze away and casts it downwards to hide his reddened face, “I’m fine.”

“Anyway, to the hospital first,” says Du You.

“Alright,” a pause, then You Haoyu looks back up at Du You, “will you be coming?”

Du You does not answer and instead looks towards the wolf-man lying over there and walks over.

You Haoyu thought he was rejected and is slightly disappointed.

Du You walks next to the unconscious werebeast. His neck is still bleeding, but it’s almost stopped now. He probably won’t be waking up any time soon.

He takes off his coat and covers the ears on his head with it. Then, he slips his hand under his back and lifts him up.

“Let’s go,” Du You tells You Haoyu, “to the hospital.”

You Haoyu’s expression brightens a bit, and follows after him quickly.

Du You looks over to the window closest to the entrance when he walks out of the building.

More precisely, he’s looking at the hole there.

This building does not have glass installed for the windows yet, so there are only holes on the grey wall. There are footprints and a trampled leaf at the closest hole.

You Haoyu asks, “what’s wrong?”

“Nevermind; nothing,” Du You turns forward again.

Outside the site is the agent who is still waiting. He extends his hands to help, seeing his employer carrying something outside.

“It’s alright.”

He can’t risk the werebeast being discovered by unrelated people.

Du You tells him, “that’s all for today. Good work.”

“Oh, right.”

Professionals would not question their employer’s decision. He excuses himself.

At the car, Du You has You Haoyu board first, then throws the werebeast in.

He’s still out for the count, no reaction at all to the rough treatment.

Then he enters the passenger’s seat and tells the driver, “to the hospital.”

The car moves through the darkness of the night.

Du You had taken a lot of detours for the day, but at least one thing is finally resolved.

Though, Xiao Tiantian is still at large.

Even if he’s got the werebeast sorted for now, but it would become a fool’s errand if another, and another member of the Top arrives.

He really cannot understand either, how these ‘members of the Top’ who are supposed to be lovers for Xiao Tiantian would be intentionally allowed to fight each other to the death like this.