41. The Thanksgiving Dinner

Start from the beginning

He receives the order and then they both start the preparation for the evening dinner with their friends.
In between the preparations, when Jeongguk was mixing the cake's batter, Taehyung walks up to his own room, the room he slept in before they both started sharing Jeongguk's room.

He goes to his cupboard and opens up a cabinet where all his important documents were kept. Among them was a file holding every secret Taehyung wanted to reveal to Jeongguk. He takes out the file and gulps looking at it. Unpleasant memories of the past few years fill his mind and a tear falls down his cheeks.

But...he cannot be weak. He has decided to tell the truth to Jeongguk after the dinner and he will.

"Tae! The batter's ready! Please come and put it in the microwave... You know I get a bit... scared" Taehyung wipes his tears and chuckles at how adorable his boyfriend was. He keeps the file between his clothes and closes the cupboard.

"Coming!" He says and walks to the kitchen. Hopefully he can tell everything to Jeongguk today...

❤️❤️

"Hey" Jeongguk hugs Yoongi and Hoseok as they enter the apartment. Taehyung also comes out of the bedroom and walks to them.

"Happy Thanksgiving Yoongi hyung and Hobi hyung" He says with a smile and hugs both of them one by one. Their bond has been flourishing with every passing day. And you can say now Yoongi has a very soft spot for Taehyung in his heart. The younger seems really adorable to him.

"Happy Thanksgiving to both of you, lovebirds" Hoseok says and Yoongi laughs. They hear the doorbell ring once again. And this time it was Jin with Namjoon following behind.

"Jin hyung! Namjoon hyung! Happy Thanksgiving!!" Both Jeongguk and Taehyung say in unison and walk to them. They all gather and greet one another.

"Did you two come together?" Yoongi asks.
"Yeah... I offered to drive both of us here since Namjoon doesn't drive..." Jin smiles and says.

"Oh hyung you didn't have to... Namjoonie hyung would have come here with his bicycle only" Jeongguk laughs teasing Namjoon.

"You brat" Namjoon says. Before they both could say more, the doorbell rings...once again. (Ding dongg~~)

Taehyung goes to open up the door and smiles seeing Jimin and Jihyo.

"HAPPPYY THANKSGIVING TAEHYUNGIEE!!" Jimin hugs the life out of his best friend. Taehyung laughs and shifts back so that he could let Jihyo in and close the door.

"Happy Thanksgiving to you too Jiminie!" They back off from the hug and Taehyung looks at Jihyo.

"Happy Thanksgiving" He says with a small smile.

"Same to you" Jihyo smiles a little clearing her throat and then looks at all the people sitting in the living room... And at Jeongguk and Jin who were avoiding her... because they knew what she did...

"Woahh Jihyo is here... It seems so long since she interacted with us" Hoseok says.

"Yeah Hobi hyung... Well I am here now. Taehyung invited me" She says shrugging her shoulders and then looking at the aforementioned.

"Oh great then..." The room is silent with half of the people knowing why it was and half not.

"Anyways... I am hungry... Let's have dinner! Jin hyung, Jimin...please help me set the plates...uh... Jihyo you too" Taehyung says and rushes to the kitchen.

They serve the dinner and eat while talking about anything and everything with each other. The atmosphere becomes full of enjoyment with cracking jokes at every sentence that no past moments were recalled during that time. Taehyung felt like he accomplished everything when he looked at the people around him on the table. This was everything he ever wished for... friends, family and the love of his life right beside him, holding his hand... He couldn't be happier... The only thing left to do is to tell Jeongguk everything and then that tiny bit of heavy feeling in his heart will be totally gone.

"Oh I am so sorry Jihyo" He hears Namjoon say suddenly and looks at their way to see some juice spilled on Jihyo's dress.

"It's- It's ok..." Jihyo says. Taehyung immediately passes a tissue to her.

"Jihyo you can wash the stain in the bathroom and I'll get a towel for you. Wait" Jihyo nods and goes to the bathroom... He also gets up and rushes to his and Jeongguk's bedroom but there were no towels so he goes to his bedroom and opens the cupboard. He finds a towel and takes it out...

In the process a page from the file from earlier falls on the floor but unfortunately Taehyung doesn't notice, but someone else does. He turns his head to see Jihyo standing at the door of the bedroom.

"Here... you can use this" Jihyo walks inside and takes the towel.

"Thanks" She says. Taehyung smiles and walks out of the bedroom. Jihyo looks at his retreating figure and then at the paper on the floor.

She furrows her eyebrows and picks it up. Just as she reads what was written on it, her eyes widen.

Is it true?

---------------------------------------------------------

Do comment and vote if you liked the chapter!💜

Thankies!

~Momo💜