31. Pathetic

Jeongguk stares blankly at the grass and remembers the 'talk' he had with Taehyung. He knows he acted impulsively and said some hurtful words that he never intended to tell Taehyung, even if he got hurt himself. But he will apologize to the other tomorrow. Till then he plans to stay at Namjoon's today...

But he didn't know how much his words had affected Taehyung, who was crying sitting on the floor ever since Jeongguk left the apartment. His eyes were swollen and mind dizzy. He was feeling worthless. Never in his life was he able to hold a relation properly... No matter how much he tries, he can't make anyone happy.

In a daze he gets up and walks into the kitchen. He looks at the shiny silver object lying on the counter and slowly reaches his hand for it. He holds it properly and positions it on his wrist.

"Tsk tsk here we go again... I don't understand Taehyung why are you even like this??"

He hears a voice say behind him. He turns around to see another Taehyung, but in a better condition, looking at him with pity.

"W-who are you?" He asks.

"I am anything but you Kim Taehyung..."The figure says as it walks closer to Taehyung. "Because you are fucking pathetic, do you know that?"

"W-what?"

"I said it right, you are a pathetic human being who can't even fix himself properly. You are like a ragged doll Taehyung, who just depends on others all. the. time! Just accept it Taehyung you are nothing but a weak and sensitive person! You are Mentally sick! that's why Jeongguk got fed up of you again... He is the one who left you this time because he got enough of your tactics!!"

Taehyung shakes his head and let's his tears fall. "N-no I-I am not mentally s-sick... N-no"

"Yes you are!! You can't make him happy like Jihyo does. No matter how much he is nice to you, at the end of the day, you are nothing but his ex-boyfriend who left him years ago! You can tell him that you left him for his own good all you want, but he isn't going to believe you anymore because he also knows how much of a pathetic person you are!!!"

"S-stopp!! Go away!! "Taehyung shouts weakly at his doppelganger.

"Don't you understand how much everyone hates you!? You are like a hollow person from inside and outside Taehyung. A hollow person who deserves nothing...no parents, no friends and no love...So go on, try to kill yourself once again because at least that's the only thing you are good at. "

Taehyung lets the knife fall on the ground.

"Stop! Stop! Stop!" He covers his ears and sits on the kitchen floor. He hugs his knees and looks up to see the figure but sees no one. He cries and cries burying his face in his knees... Until he passes out...

~

Jimin knew something was surely up with Taehyung when he saw him running with tears in his eyes in the corridor. And so he decides to visit his best friend in the evening. He gets out of the elevator and looks at the packet of Taehyung's favorite nachos in his hands and smiles.

This will surely lift up his mood...

He reaches the front of the apartment door and rings the doorbell but gets no response. He rings again and then twists the door knob. To his surprise the door was not locked. He widens his eyes a bit as he steps inside the pitch black apartment.

"Taehyungie? Jeongguk? "He calls out but gets no response again. He outlines his hands to the switch board and switches on the lights. As soon as he does that he sees Jeongguk's backpack lying on the floor. He picks up the backpack and puts it on the dining table along with the nachos. Now he was really sure that something has happened.