Boscha rolls her eyes. "Ugh. I want my own palisman, not some trashy hand-me-down." "Your loss!" Willow shoves Boscha as she runs up to the nest.

"I want to be strong and wise to protect everyone I love. And if anyone gets in my way, they'll feel the sting of defeat!"

"Tender yet tenacious. Clover gives her support." Bat queen clover, a bee-like palisman, flies out of the shelter and over to Willow. She chitters. "Oh!" Clover transforms into a staff. "Oh, my gosh! I'm gonna take such good care of you."

"Beautiful. Just beautiful." Gus exclaimed. Y/n pats his back.

Boscha pushes Willow. "Outta my way! I want to play professional grudgby!" Bat Queen chuckles. "A competitive spirit. Maya will be thrilled." Maya, a crab palisman, hops up to Boscha and becomes her staff. Boscha blushing. "Okay. This is pretty cool!"

"I want to open my own veterinary clinic for mythical pets!" Viney said. A manticore palisman rises and becomes her staff. Viney gasps and chuckles. "All right!"

"Dad wants me to become a master illusionist, but that's easy. So instead, I'll become an ambassador to the Human Realm and re-establish contact with the giraffes!" Gus exclaimed. A blue chameleon palisman climbs up to Gus and becomes his staff.

Y/n runs up to the nest. "I want to learn everything I can about potions and healing!" Y/naying down on the nest and whispered, "And I want to protect everyone I love!" As a palisman climbs up to Y/n and becomes a staff.

'Aw, I was hoping to get you.' Y/n thought staring at the red cardinal.

"I just want to make it to graduation." The spike-headed student then sees a sloth palisman hanging on his arm, which turns into his staff. Spike-headed student gasps, then chuckle. "Yes!" The Class murmurs. "Oh wow!"

Everyone watches Luz as she takes her turn. "I want to be a witch!" None of the palismen approaches her. "Uh... probably just takes a little longer 'cause I'm a human, right?" "Palismen bonds through emotion. I do not sense any conviction from you."

"That's impossible. I'm Luz, I'm chock full of conviction!" "Perhaps specificity would help. There are many kinds of witches. What do you hope to accomplish with your magic?"

"Oh, uh... get home to my mom?" "Would you still train to be a witch in the Human Realm?" Gus asked. "Can you even do magic there?"

"Huh, I guess I never thought that far ahead." "You okay, Luz?"
~~~~~

Y/n's POV:

After school, I went home and showed off my new palisman. It was a cute critter that I named P/n in one of my potion classes.

When I got home, I walked into the living room, where my moms' palismans were sleeping on the couch. "Calcifer and Bella! I would like you to meet P/n!" I exclaimed.

Calcifer opened his eyes and turned away from me and P/n, but Bella walked towards the palisman and started licking them. I giggled, "l guess, Bella l like you!"

"Y/n! Dinner is ready!" Momma yelled. "Kay'!" Y/n exclaimed as P/n climbed up onto my head. I walked back to the kitchen. I sit down at the table. My Mom places a plate of food in front of me.

My mom set a delicious plate of food in front of me, and as I started to eat, she sat down across from me and asked, "How was your day today, Y/n?" I talked about everything that had happened that day, from my palisman to my schoolwork to my friends.

Over dinner I had a happy, full belly, I went upstairs to take my bath. "This is where I sleep and now where you sleep!" I exclaimed as I showed my room to P/n, that was a little messy.

"Sorry, it's a little messy right now," I said walking towards my bed and kicking some stuff out of my way. I sat down and put P/n on my bed. "So? What do you think of today so far?" I asked.

P/n made an animal noise. "Yeah, I think it was pretty good," I said lying down on my bed. P/n lay down right next to me as I started to fall asleep. 'I'm happy with P/n but I was kind of hoping to get that red cardinal.

'Whoever has him must be so lucky' I thought.
~~~~~

Author's POV:

In Hunter's room. He walks over to his bed and lies down. "I can help if I just knew a little more..." Flapjack chirps. Hunter sits up and sees Flapjack at the windowsill.

"Palisman!" He clutches Flapjack. Hunter squeezes him, and Flapjack chirps. Hunter then lets him go. "Oh! Sorry." He frowns, and pets Flapjack.

"You shouldn't be here. It'd be bad if Belos saw you." Flapjack turns into a staff, which falls into Hunter's hands. "Oh! I was not expecting that." Hunter walks over to the window with his new staff and gazes longingly.
~~~~~

(A/n: Calcifer is a peacock and Bella is a female goat)