9

╔.★. .═══════════╗
🕸️
╚═══════════. .★.╝

Author's POV:

Author's POV:

Hooty opens the door. "Hoot hoot, Luz! Time to fill up that darling little head of yours with..." Regurgitates a stack of books onto the ground. "Mm-hmm. Delicious knowledge!"

Y/n, Willow, and Gus look in from the doorway.

"Please hurry!" Gus yelled. "The more I look at him, the more uncomfortable I get," Willow said as Y/n nodded in agreement.

"Hoot hoot!" "Hehe." Luz finger-guns her friends; kisses King's head and walks off. "Don't spend all day watching MewTube, 'kay?" "I forge my own path!" King yelled.

In Hexside. The halls are decked out with balloons made of abomination goop and other decorations. Luz, Y/n, Gus, and Willow enter. "Something's different today. Did everyone get a haircut?" Luz said. "Oh yeah! I forgot you've never been here for the social event of the season!" Willow said. "Welcome to your first–"

Suddenly, two masked health workers enter, rolling a stretcher, and making siren noises. "Outta the way!" The workers surround a beast-keeping student with dark skin, blond hair that covers his eyes, and big, pointy ears similar to a bat. Skara looks on. "Come with us immediately! Your disease—it's advancing" They help him onto the stretcher.

"Is there a cure, doc?" He asked. "Only one... finding the perfect date to Grom!" "If that's the cure... then, Skara, will you go to Grom with me?" He holds out a beating heart, with "GROM?" written on it in red ink. "AHHHHH! Of course, I will, or whatever!" She hugs him, and onlooking students and teachers cheer.

Luz gasps. "You guys have a weird version of prom on the Boiling Isles? I was kicked out of my last school dance for dressing like an otter," she strikes a pose. "but maybe here, I could be your Grom Queen!" Luz explained. "That's, uh, not something people usually sign up for," Willow said.

Amity turns a corner from behind, looking down at the stack of books and a note she is carrying, and unknowingly bumps into Luz. "Watch it, nitwit! Oh. Hi, Luz... and co. Sorry about that." Amity yelled.

"No problem, let me help you!" She helps Amity pick up her books and hands her a little pink note that she dropped. "Here, your note." Amity snatches it away. "Man, you got some quick grabbers," Luz said.

"It's just, it's... private."

The speaker screeches on. Everyone looks at it. "I'm so nervous!" "Shh! This is it!" Principal Bump over the intercom. "Attention Hexside students. This is your principal speaking." "Oh, man, this is it!" Gus said. "He's announcing who'll be this year's Grom royalty," Willow exclaimed. Amity looks on, concerned. "This year, I have the privilege to bestow our highest Grom honor to...