Nineteen // Sweet Dreams

[last chapter until epilogue (twenty) and includes swearing]

"She just ran away from me." Lucas says to Maya.

"I don't know. Maybe, she found out hope is for suckers or that love is a ruthless game." Maya replies trying to give comfort.

"Did you get that from a Taylor Swift song?" Lucas asks raising his eyebrow.

"No." Maya says abruptly. "Graduation's tomorrow dude." Maya continues. "Good luck, you need it."

"I couldn't get too attached to him, Farkle." Riley says sighing. "Huh, why can't life be simple." She looks down. "High school relationships are doomed from the start." She says grimly.

"It's okay Riley. You know what they say, 'if you love something, let it go. And if it was true, it will come back' or whatever." Farkle says.

"Only people with hope says that." Riley retorts.

"You're such a pessimist." Farkle says.

"You just have too much hope." Riley replies.

"We have to make them talk. They have to talk." Maya says to Farkle. "They're ignoring each other and I hate it." She continues.

"Just tell them to talk at the cafe!" Farkle says. "I've been wrapped around this Riley/Lucas shit for a long ass time. It gets annoying to hear. They've been gushing about each other for about ever and now that they know each other's feelings it's ruined by something they knew about since they were a child." Farkle says with frustration in his voice.

"Okay, God. Who got your panties in a twist? Chill your tits, dude." Maya says raising her hand. "I'll text them. Stop with your angriness." Maya says pulling out her phone.

"I'm sorry, I'm impatient." Farkle apologizes scoffing.

Riley and Lucas sit awkwardly with each other at the cafe. "Look, I'm sorry for trying to kiss you." Lucas says playing with his hands. "

Look, I'm sorry for running away." Riley says. "I tend to hate being attached to someone." She continues.

Lucas smiles a bit. "Yeah, I get it. I'm leaving and life sucks." He replies.

"Tomorrow's the last day of high school." Riley says. "Tomorrow may be the last day we ever see each other." She takes a deep breath. "

"Tomorrow is when we get our diplomas and leave this hell hole." Lucas says.

"Lucas, I love you." She says finally looking at him.

I love you too." He says.

"I know." Riley says grinning . "What?" He says surprised.

"You were drunk and told me. Kind of sweet." Riley explains.

"Oh, well that's kind of embarrassing." Lucas says through gritted teeth. "

"Yeah, but it worked." She says holding his hand.

"If we find each other again, promise we'll chat and be friends again." Lucas says.

"I promise." Riley says holding out her pinky. They intertwine pinkies and smile.

-

"Lucas Friar." Lucas grabs his diploma, smiles and walks off.

"Maya Hart." Maya smiles and takes the piece of paper that showcases success.

"Riley Matthews." Riley walks up to the stage and grabs her diploma smiling.

"Farkle Minkus. Valedictorian." Farkle grins in excitement and walks off the stage diploma in hand.

-

"Hey Lucas." Riley says catching him.

"Yes, Riley?" Lucas asks.

"In my dreams, we'll find each other again." She states.

"Sweet dreams, Riles. Sweet Dreams."

Let's hope isn't truly for suckers. Because we're all hoping they find each other again.

This chapter's really short, but it's like the ending. Well, last chapter/epilogue will be posted soon.

Would you guys like it if my next book's first chapter be posted before or after the end?

Update July 2015:
Chapter title inspired by Cory Monteith's last appearance on Glee (Sweet Dreams)

xoxo