Three // To Be Announced

--

Riley sat there in silence. Whenever she looked up she would get lost in his green eyes. After, she said her goodbyes to Farkle and walked home. She crawled into her room through her bay window and switched to matching pajamas.

She woke up the next day absolutely not wanting to go to school. She quickly got dressed and rushed out the door going to the subway.

She walked in the train, she looked around, but there was no where to sit. She walked to the pole and grabbed on tight hoping to not fall. Weirdly, the mysterious boy was not there, but she didn't mind, Riley wanted to be alone. Even if alone was in a crowded subway train. She put her earphones in her ear and listened to the Glee soundtrack. She always loved the show, she wished that somehow she would fit in like that club.

The train abruptly stopped and she got off. She looked at her phone, noticing that the bell for first period rang in five minutes. She rushed to her school grabbing her supplies and heading to her father's class. She bumped heads with someone. It was the subway boy, her eyes widened. She muttered a "move it" and ran to her class.

"Riley, I see that you are late," her father says when she walks into the room. She quickly sat down in her assigned seat. Riley dazed off during class thinking about her wonderland. The ringing of the bell made her lose her train of thought.

A few classes later, it was lunch. She grabbed her brown paper bag from her locker and sat on the bleachers for the change. She needed some fresh air. She listened to her Glee soundtrack she had saved on Spotify.

"You know, most people like having friends," a voice said. She turned to the voice and saw the boy she had bumped into earlier. She gave him the death stare and put up her volume. He pulled out an earphone.

"I do have friends, Farkle," she replied to the new kid.

"Riley, let me introduce myself. I'm Lucas Friar, you're lonely. You probably spend all your time drawing in that notebook of yours and watching countless episodes of Glee," he said truthfully. Riley scoffed, how can this boy be so rude to her? "Fine... Fine. Not just Glee, maybe Gossip Girl and One Tree Hill," he continued. She punched him in the shoulder making him tumble. He chuckled knowing it was playful. "You're not that bad Matthews and that's the truth," Lucas says.

"Well you are, but I'm willing to take a chance on a loser like you," Riley replies. They chatted for a bit.

"My parents are workaholics, I bet they would get rid-" Riley was cut off.

"Luke, Luke! Come down here!" A voice from the football field called.

"Coming Maya!" He replied to the girl in the red cheerleading uniform with pom-poms in her hands and her hair up into a high ponytail.

"Bye Riley, we should do this again," he said.

"See you, Luke," she said as he walked away.

Riley rolled her eyes and muttered a swear word to herself once "Luke" was out of her sight. That Maya Hart, the kid just came today and she already has a pet name for him.

She plugged her earphones back in and stared at those preppy cheerleaders. Riley despised them, they made her life a living hell. And on that note, Riley listened to Highway to Hell. "I'm on a highway to hell," she would sing to herself.

An hour or three later the last bell rang. She decided to walk home today, she could get away from the crowded trains and the subway boys of the world. She sighed to herself halfway through her trip. She stopped at a local cafe and ordered a hot chocolate with extra whipped cream. A boy around her age, maybe, sat next to her.

"It's the middle of spring," a familiar voice spoke.

Riley turned to him and smiled, "You're back! I missed you so much!" She claimed hugging an old friend.

--

Edited on 8/10/15

So sorry for not updating you guys. I'm extremely busy with school and extra curricular activities. New chapter for you guys though.

Don't forget to comment
Don't forget to vote

xoxo