Nine // Musical

Note: the characters are in high school.

Riley looks at herself in the mirror, this will be the first time Riley Matthews walks out the door showing her scars. She's not afraid anymore, or as afraid. "You ready to go?" Farkle asks from the window knowing his friend's milestone today. "Yeah," she replies quietly. She grabs her backpack and head out the window, remembering to close it. "You're fine, you look fine," Farkle reassures her sensing that his friend looks troubled. "It's not that it's just... Well, I met this guy at the party," Riley explains. "I thought you and Lucas were hitting it off?" Farkle says confused. "Lucas? No, he's like a brother to me. Well, he was being over protective after I mentioned the guy to him. That's probably just him being like a big brother," Riley retorts, but she did continue to think about it. I mean yeah, Lucas is cute and I thought about it, but it's weird.

"I like her, but that stupid Sebastian kid got in the way!" Lucas exclaims talking to Farkle before the bell to first period rang. "She's lovestruck dude. Tell her how much you like her, maybe she'll forget about Shane," Farkle replies trying to lighten the mood. "It's Sebastian, I remember that because Sebastian is like always the bad guy. Farkle, I'd swim the ocean for her," Lucas says slightly thinking about how he'd do anything for Riley. "Swim the ocean for who?" Riley says interrupting the conversation and totally startling Lucas. "For you," Lucas says under his breath hoping that she didn't hear it. "I didn't hear that, pretty boy. Speak up," Riley demands. "Oh, I'd swim the ocean for Taylor Swift," Lucas says quickly hoping she wouldn't question his answer. "Well, I have to go to my locker," Farkle says and leaves. It was just the two of them, the awkward tension rose in every minute. They didn't know what to say or what to think. The bell rings breaking the silence. She walks into the classroom before Lucas not wanting to be late to her father's class. "For you, I'd swim the ocean for you," Lucas repeats a little louder once Riley steps into the room. He grabs his belongings and walks into his home room.

"...and that was Shakespeare, one of the greatest writers of all time," Mr. Matthews finishes up. Lucas stares at Riley's journal trying to figure what she is drawing. Then, he notices an 'S'. He grins, thinking she was writing about him. Riley, of course, was doodling about Sebastian, she hasn't talked to him since the party. "Hey Riles-" Lucas says, but was cut off by the bell. Lucas sighs, still frustrated by this whole Sebastian thing. Riley quickly closes her notebook and rushes out the door.

"Hey Luke!" Maya calls out walking over to the broken hearted boy. "You should try out for the school musical, we're doing Grease," Maya states smiling. "I don't sing," Lucas retorts. "Yeah, but we need a Danny Zuko. I'm of course playing Sandy. Everyone has their parts, and plus it will get your mind off whatever problems you have," Maya says. Lucas thinks for a minute, contemplating whether to do this musical. "Sure, why not? When's rehearsal?" Lucas asks agreeing to Maya's offer. "Great, after school, auditorium. You have to audition first. I still have to audition too, but I'm sure to get the part," Maya answers, she walks away satisfied.

Lucas walks up to Riley and Farkle to tell them the big news. "Guess what? I'm auditioning for Grease!" He exclaims to his friends. "The musical? You'd be a great Danny Zuko," Riley says. "Thanks, Riles. Yeah, Maya's auditioning for Sandy, so we're probably going to be love interests. Actually she's the one that urged me to do the musical," Lucas informs them. Riley's jaw drops, not that bitch Maya. Farkle closes Riley's mouth knowing what she's thinking. "You know Lucas, Farkle and I were thinking for auditioning for leads also," Riley lies trying to get Lucas away from that psycho. "You were?" He asks confused. "We were?" Farkle says his face full of surprise. Riley elbows Farkle, "Yeah, we were," Riley repeats. She walks up to the bulletin board and writes her and Farkle's name on to the sign-up sheet. She smiles, hoping this plan will work and walks away. "This is all news to me," Farkle states after she has gone.

Riley angrily texts Sebastian to blow off some steam between the group of friends.

Riley: Sebastian, let's hang out!

Sebastian: Sure, how about Thursday?

Riley: I would love that.

THIS CHAPTER WAS NOT PROOFREAD

Another short chapter Wowow. Chapter inspired by the show Glee. I love Grease too, so get ready.

DON'T FORGET VOTE AND COMMENT!!